Just Arrived Summit 3-19 sailing

MaggieAtSea

Just making ourselves comfortable. Our Penthouse is glorious. Room refreshed, Yamaha piano in tune, new bathroom jet tub overlooking deck fantastic, and speaking of new deck, Dominic our butler reports the four lounge chairs, assorted tables and outdoor seating is all new. He is fantastic, btw.

Bistro on 5 is still Bistro on 5. Last week Tuscan was sporadic...this will be first week that it serves every night.

Luminae is beautiful...very similar to decor on other ships. Michaels is, according to server there, typically very quiet. Martini Bar was not yet frosty, but has fun crowd already.

Have not been up to top deck yet today to see new lounge area there.

Captain Kate NOT on board. Alex Papadopoulos is helming ship. CD us Ken Mills.

Interesting...each time we leave out of Puerto Rico muster drill is different time and procedure. This time no vest needed, but time is 7:45pm. We redid our TG reservation as a result (they were not expecting it at 7:45 either, it appears).

Excited for a beautiful, relaxing week ahead!

We were on in Feb for a b2b prior to the drydock. I'm surprised that TG was unaware that muster drill was at 7:45 since that's the time it's been held on the Summit since at least January. Hopefully they start communicating with the operations staff a little better. We didn't have to bring lifejackets either...haven't done that in years on Celebrity.

Glad you've got a good start to your cruise so far....can't imagine ever being able to stay in the PH, you're living my dream!! Enjoy!!

Cathy

Thank you for the report. I personally am happy to hear that Bistro on 5 is NOT sushi. Since I will be on my first Celebrity cruise in about 6-weeks I have no way of knowing if its any good, but I like the idea of a casual food venue with lighter fare, especially if opened as late as I understand it to be (DH and I normally eat rather late).

Without interrupting your relaxing time, please come back and tell us about the rooftop terrace.

Edited by Rosethorn40

Just making ourselves comfortable. Our Penthouse is glorious. Room refreshed, Yamaha piano in tune, new bathroom jet tub overlooking deck fantastic, and speaking of new deck, Dominic our butler reports the four lounge chairs, assorted tables and outdoor seating is all new. He is fantastic, btw.

Bistro on 5 is still Bistro on 5. Last week Tuscan was sporadic...this will be first week that it serves every night.

Luminae is beautiful...very similar to decor on other ships. Michaels is, according to server there, typically very quiet. Martini Bar was not yet frosty, but has fun crowd already.

Have not been up to top deck yet today to see new lounge area there.

Captain Kate NOT on board. Alex Papadopoulos is helming ship. CD us Ken Mills.

Interesting...each time we leave out of Puerto Rico muster drill is different time and procedure. This time no vest needed, but time is 7:45pm. We redid our TG reservation as a result (they were not expecting it at 7:45 either, it appears).

Excited for a beautiful, relaxing week ahead!

Have a great cruise!

- Joel

Have a great cruise MaggieAtSea. Thanks for the PH update. We'll be in 6148 at the end of April and we are looking very forward to it. Domnic is the best and we'll be happy to see him. Enjoy the cruise.

I was on the Summit last week. I think very little was done to the interior during the dry dock. Carpets, linens in room, etc. did not look new. Even the solarium, which was supposedly totally refreshed, did not look shiny and new to me. I did not go in Persian Gardens, which was supposedly redone, so I can't comment on that. I did not eat at Tuscan but heard it was very good. The Rooftop terrace was not finished, so I can't comment on what that was like.

A lot of what was done was behind the scenes stuff, like the sound system, etc.

Don't expect big changes to the Summit. I hadn't been on that ship before, but had sailed on Millennium and Infinity. I didn't think Summit was any different than they were. That said, I still had an awesome cruise (it was a charter, so the specifics aren't really relevant to a regular sailing).

I was on the Summit last week. I think very little was done to the interior during the dry dock. Carpets, linens in room, etc. did not look new. Even the solarium, which was supposedly totally refreshed, did not look shiny and new to me. I did not go in Persian Gardens, which was supposedly redone, so I can't comment on that. I did not eat at Tuscan but heard it was very good. The Rooftop terrace was not finished, so I can't comment on what that was like.

A lot of what was done was behind the scenes stuff, like the sound system, etc.

Don't expect big changes to the Summit. I hadn't been on that ship before, but had sailed on Millennium and Infinity. I didn't think Summit was any different than they were. That said, I still had an awesome cruise (it was a charter, so the specifics aren't really relevant to a regular sailing).

I have to disagree with this. We were on Summit last week and definitely noticed the new carpet and furniture in several areas. The decking in the solarium and on decks 11 and 12 is all new, as are the steps leading up to the Rooftop Terrace.

Movies were shown a few times a day, twice at night. Otherwise it was one long Celebrity commercial.

Yes, true... the carpets have been refreshed in many places throughout the ship... decking looked great as well. In terms of cabin furnishings, I believe it was just the RS and PS that were getting updates. I'll try to upload some photos of our PS, 6148. The new fixtures in the bathroom were lovely (great new jetted tub, new tile and sinks). But in sum, the ship looked just fine all around.

Regarding the Rooftop Terrace, as indicated above, they would typically show 3 movies or so a day. The 1pm showing was always curious to us - in the bright Caribbean sun, the screen is a bit tough to see. They also showed the NCAA games on the screen... I'm guessing they'll do that for major events. Would be fun to watch a Super Bowl at sea someday! They are not serving any food up there yet (my understanding is that they will in time).

The size and layout of the Summit (and her sisters) is wonderful... the crew on her really love it, and it shows. Of course I remember smaller ships like the Century and Zenith class... there was something very elegant and "old world" about them. Summit still retains a bit of that as well, and I heartily recommend her to anyone.

We sailed with Captain Alex the week before dry dock. We absolutely loved him! He was so friendly and engaging. You will have a great time Have you heard the story about where he was born? We have also sailed with Captain Kate and liked her, too. We have sailed the Summit 6 times. I am trying to figure out a week to get on the Bermuda cruise so we can experience all the changes. Would love to see pictures of the updated Solarium pool.

MaggieAtSea,

Thanks so much for your posting. I'm anxiously awaiting pictures of 6148 if you manage to upload them.

I believe Sara is the Michael's Club Concierge. I have never met her so look forward to doing so in a few weeks. (Although, anyone pales in comparison to Jole - in my opinion!!)

Can you please post also who was working in Luminae? Was Constantin still the maitre'd? Who were the waiters?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Janice

If activity host Justin Short is still on board, would you mind terribly asking him the dates of his vacation? I want to prepare myself for disappointment if he's not going to be there for our Memorial Day cruise.

I just got off the Summit on Saturday and Oz is now there as activity host. I spoke w/ Ken as I missed Justin and he told me he was currently on vacation and when he returned was going to the Equinox. Ken will be moving over to the Solstice soon so will be an all new activity team in place.