Just returned from Crown Princess 7 Day California Coastal. Photos.

WehoAtlantis

Thanks Mike. What time did you eat? We like a table for 2 also, & last year on the Crown anytime seemed to be a disaster. Am trying it again in 3 weeks.

Busy times in ATD is truly dependent on the mix of pax on your cruise. Same ship a few weeks apart completely different experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for posting your pictures. Question- How were the seas? Smooth for most part? I am interested in visiting CA and this type or cruise looks great to hit several of the cities. I've been told it can be a little rough sailing in the Pacific around Enscenda.

Thanks !

Busy times in ATD is truly dependent on the mix of pax on your cruise. Same ship a few weeks apart completely different experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree.....on the Crown 2x in Feb, however usually the first night is crazy prior to 7:30pm.

Edited by land lover

OP incredible photo journal, loved you shots....I only saw the first 20 and decided to come pack and write this post.....the detailed photos r just so very, very, did I say very? nice.....thanks for giving us the opportunity to view them.....now I can enjoy the remaining photos since I told u of my delight. Thanks again.

Thanks for posting your pictures. Question- How were the seas? Smooth for most part? I am interested in visiting CA and this type or cruise looks great to hit several of the cities. I've been told it can be a little rough sailing in the Pacific around Enscenda.

Thanks !

Hi NCGal,

The sailing was pretty smooth the whole time. Obviously you cannot predict the weather or the waves. But we did feel the sway now and again. Nothing like going to Hawaii where I thought I would fall out of my bed.

--Mike

Thanks !

I have been the route several times and the sea days can be windy and cold and sometimes rocky.

This is all relative though as to where you r from. But we have experienced some sea days that can be so windy that chairs r tied down and the pools are sloshing....on a March 4th, MR coming back from Esenada it was suggested no use of the balconies because of the wind, no one was lying out by the pool. But on these cruises Princess provides many inside activities and the wind doesn't always mean a rocking ship.

OP was it windy up on deck, were people able to enjoy the pool on the sea days?

Edited by land lover

Thanks for the photos. So helpful during this week of anticipation. We are starting this cruise Sat the 2nd. Detailed information from the official Princess website is sparse.

I noticed some micro brew bottled beer in one of the photos. Were those only available during the pub event or in certain lounges?

The beers they offer in the 5 for 4 packages on the main crown website are pretty mainstream. I am hoping for some better options!

We were on same cruise as you, but our pix not nearly as fantastic as yours!

About a dozen of us met for Meet & Greet, first Sea day, I don't believe you were there. Maybe next time.

I enjoyed seeing your pix, and halfway looking to see IF we were in any of your shots? Nope. lol

Thanks so much for posting all those great pix, and the patters etc. :D

I have been the route several times and the sea days can be windy and cold and sometimes rocky.

This is all relative though as to where you r from. But we have experienced some sea days that can be so windy that chairs r tied down and the pools are sloshing....on a March 4th, MR coming back from Esenada it was suggested no use of the balconies because of the wind, no one was lying out by the pool. But on these cruises Princess provides many inside activities and the wind doesn't always mean a rocking ship.

FYI- we had wind & swells Tuesday Sea day. 9 of us took the Ultimate Ship Tour early Tues. Am. (it was fantastic btw)

At that time, The Capt. said they were still on the fence about Wed arrival for Santa Barbara. Since its Tenders, he said they were going to wait & see

and probably decide late on Tues about Wed arrival.

Luckily seas calmed alittle, so we were able to get off.

Tenders were kinda rocky thou. If anybody has mobility issues?

This would be a good day to skip, and stay onboard.

Hi Land Lover,

I did not spend a lot of time up by pools, but there were many people out enjoying the sun, the pools and hot tubs. It never seemed too windy when I was getting pizza and hot dogs at Trident and the Pizzeria.

--Mike

Thanks for the photos. So helpful during this week of anticipation. We are starting this cruise Sat the 2nd. Detailed information from the official Princess website is sparse.

I noticed some micro brew bottled beer in one of the photos. Were those only available during the pub event or in certain lounges?

The beers they offer in the 5 for 4 packages on the main crown website are pretty mainstream. I am hoping for some better options!

Hi pspehar,

I had the Boddingtons Pub Ale at the pub lunch and Stella Artois in Crooners. I am not sure about the rest, but I am sure they have other options besides the mainstream beers. Considering there are passengers from around the world you would hope they would have them available.

I wish I had taken a pic of the drink menu in Crooners.

--Mike

Princess offers their own type of craft brews but don't think all are available on every cruise. When available you could get the Seawitch beer in the dining room & at bars.

SEAWITCH CRAFT BEER PROGRAM

We know our guests love distinct experiences and authentic flavors so we've launched a new craft beer series. We started with our award-winning West Coast IPA, special 50th Anniversary blend and have since added the Alaska Denali Red Ale, East Coast Blonde Lager and the Australian Gold Ale.

image.jpg.6f800300717c378fc03cc4bcfad817a3.jpg

Do you still have the dining room menu from the second formal night? My Dh wants to know the main courses before he decides which night to dine at the Crown Grill. First formal night or second one.

Thanks

Do you still have the dining room menu from the second formal night? My Dh wants to know the main courses before he decides which night to dine at the Crown Grill. First formal night or second one.

Thanks

Hi atdahop,

I believe its the menu that is first on page 3 of my crown album that included The Roasted Farm-Raised Pheasant. This was formal night in San Diego.

My phone says the pic was taken on Thursday so I hope that was the case.

--Mike

Hi Mike,

Just wanted to add a further thanks to you. I so appreciate the time you are taking to personally answer mine and all the other individual questions.

Did you really use your phone to take all of these pictures? What phone do you have/

Carole

Thanks for the pictures. Just booked this cruise today. We sail April 16, 2016. The price was an offer we couldn't refuse. We have been on this ship several times, but not this itinerary. We live in California and it seems funny to cruise to California ports but your pictures got us excited to go to these places. Thanks again.