San Pedro to lax

lrockwitt

How far is it from San Pedro to lax? If I take a book a flight at 10:45 am at Lax, will I be able to make that flight? How early can I get off the Ruby and make that flight?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The first group can usually get off the ship by 8-8:30 AM. If it is a Saturday or Sunday then traffic is usually light and 20 - 25 minutes you will be at LAX. That's if you take a cab. If you have Princess transfer it takes much longer until they fill the bus and make the rounds around the airport circle.

Edited by cruzsnooze

Living in the greater LA area, traffic can be, and often is, a nightmare. Even on weekends. The 110 and 405 can be a mess. Even on weekends. I'd allow at least an hour to get from San Pedro to LAX. You should check in for your flight by 9am.

I have an 11am flight out of LAX in a couple of weeks on a Sunday and plan to get there by 9am. Flight check-in, luggage drop-off and Security can take quite a while. I've got Global Entry which includes Trusted Traveler so hopefully, I'll be able to breeze through Security. Otherwise, it could take a while.

Personally, I would never book a flight before Noon when returning from a cruise in San Pedro. When I lived in the Boston area, I booked flights at 12:30pm or later. Yes, sometimes I had a wait but I'd rather a wait than be anxious if disembarkation started later or was delayed.

People who don't live in the area or experience LA traffic will say, "No problem! Do it all the time!" Those who live in the region know otherwise and plan accordingly. As long as you have Plan B and can get a later flight if you miss yours, go for it.

Edited by Pam in CA

I live in Tucson. We drive into San Pedro but last month we had son and DIL fly in from Nebraska. When we picked them up on Thursday night traffic was horrible and we spent about 1 and one half hours getting there. When the Ship returned the next Saturday morning we had a bit more time and decided to take Sepulveda Blvd to the airport. It only took about 45 minutes. There was some traffic but it was not bumper to bumper or stop and go as it had been on the freeways.

Do not book a flight that early. Bad move.

Earliest I would book is Noon and I would go for 12:30 to 1:00 PM.

20 miles in Los Angeles is not 20 miles in many other areas.

Best you will do is 45 minutes but that depends on day of week and time of day. Likely longer and could go 90 minutes.

Again, do not book a flight that early. Bad move.

And history means nothing if someone did make it.

I have arrived to this terminal many times.

Keith

Thanks for the info. Booked a flight for around 1 pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you did that.

You will see that as your cruise is winding down that those with early flights will have anxiety. I kid you not. I have seen this happen often.

You will have no worries. To me the right way to end a cruise.

Keith

Living in the greater LA area, traffic can be, and often is, a nightmare. Even on weekends. The 110 and 405 can be a mess. Even on weekends. I'd allow at least an hour to get from San Pedro to LAX. You should check in for your flight by 9am.

I have an 11am flight out of LAX in a couple of weeks on a Sunday and plan to get there by 9am. Flight check-in, luggage drop-off and Security can take quite a while. I've got Global Entry which includes Trusted Traveler so hopefully, I'll be able to breeze through Security. Otherwise, it could take a while.

Personally, I would never book a flight before Noon when returning from a cruise in San Pedro. When I lived in the Boston area, I booked flights at 12:30pm or later. Yes, sometimes I had a wait but I'd rather a wait than be anxious if disembarkation started later or was delayed.

People who don't live in the area or experience LA traffic will say, "No problem! Do it all the time!" Those who live in the region know otherwise and plan accordingly. As long as you have Plan B and can get a later flight if you miss yours, go for it.

Yikes!

Am thankful that we booked a flight for 10 am the next morning after arrival (It is a weekday). Will stay one night in a hotel closer to the airport. Any thoughts on what areas? Torrance? Carson? El Segundo? We don't have any fast pass. What time do you suggest we get to LAX?

Edited by Arzeena