Taxi instructions to board Regal in Fort Lauderdale?

j3000

Prob. a stupid question, but if we get a taxi from our nearby hotel to the Port Everglades to board The Regal, this Sunday coming.....do we need to give the driver any specific instructions ( pier number? Princess location?or whatever?), or just ask to take us to the port, to board the Regal Princess?

Edited by jargey3000

Just tell him the ship. As you enter the port there will be like a whole bunch of ships, but there will be a digital sign as you enter that says which ship is at which port.....very simple for the cab drivers....we have done it multiple times.

If there is any traffic at all, Uber will be cheaper.

A taxi from any 17th st. hotel is $10, the minimum charge an never any traffic. From the airport area it is about $15. Don't know what uber costs, but it can't be much cheaper than that.

Prob. a stupid question, but if we get a taxi from our nearby hotel to the Port Everglades to board The Regal, this Sunday coming.....do we need to give the driver any specific instructions ( pier number? Princess location?or whatever?), or just ask to take us to the port, to board the Regal Princess?

you might want to check what Pier Regal is leaving from? We sailed March 13 and Royal was @ Pier 2 and Regal was at Pier #21 and the traffic was a mess with 8 ships leaving that day.

As others have said driver will know how to get there, Uber suggestion is a good one too!

you might want to check what Pier Regal is leaving from? We sailed March 13 and Royal was @ Pier 2 and Regal was at Pier #21 and the traffic was a mess with 8 ships leaving that day.

Anyone know how I find out which Pier Regal will be at - Sunday Apr. 3?

AND how many ships might be leaving that day?

Found it! :https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webclient/public/publicmovements.aspx

Edited by jargey3000

I was concerned about this as well. We took an UberXL from the Hilton Garden Inn. We had always done Princess transfers so I never paid attention when entering the port on signage. But there are huge signs showing which ships is in which terminal and directions to each terminal. Anyone driving a taxi or Uber should be familiar with the port. I would do an UberXL again without hesitation.

A taxi from any 17th st. hotel is $10, the minimum charge an never any traffic. From the airport area it is about $15. Don't know what uber costs, but it can't be much cheaper than that.

But Uber sure is easier, cleaner, a better experience, and yes cheaper

no offence, but I won't be using uber. never have. old school-wouldn't know how to do it :)

come to think of it, i don't think i've ever had a "bad" taxi experience, either... :)

All pier # and ships are posted at the entrance of the port.

A while ago, like January, I'm standing outside the crew entrance, waiting

for someone to come outside. (this was either regal or royal)

There is a gent there who kept calling his uber driver.

Where the h are you? I've been watching the the app, and

you haven't moved in 5 minutes, blah, blah.

(apparently the driver said something about a house)

Because the cruise passenger continued screaming about

how he wasn't at a house, HE WAS AT TERMINAL 4 -- and the

driver better get there, OR ELSE.

I turned to Mrs. Pablo, and asked her if I should mention to

the gent that he was at terminal 2?

He ranted a couple more times on the phone, and then got in

a cab. Mrs. Passenger was concerned was somehow they had

prepaid for uber.

Slightly off subject but remember to keep your cruise documents handy with you even in the cab as this is the one US port we have been asked to show them at the entry gate. First time I had put my overnight bag in the taxi trunk.

If there is any traffic at all, Uber will be cheaper.

We took Uber from our home in Hollywood, on Easter Sunday. We had an UberX which had plenty of room for 2 27" and 2 21" suitcases. Cost $17. Taxi home today was $36. Cheaper is an understatement.

Edited by tere247

UberXL costs for 5 passengers and all of our luggage from Pier #2 to FLL making two stops was $19.50 for everything, including tip. Will never purchase Princess transfers from cruise terminal to FLL ever again.

Still cheaper even with just 2 passengers sharing. Thanks.

They will ask for your doc's at the guard gate and they don't allow taxi's to enter the port prior to a certain time.

a. I have had to show my ID (usually show a passport), but have never been asked to show boarding docs at the guard entrance.

b) They have to let taxi's in. These taxis are picking up disembarking passengers.

They will ask for your doc's at the guard gate and they don't allow taxi's to enter the port prior to a certain time.

The original poster is on Regal, leaving from berth 2.

There is no longer a security checkpoint encountered to reach

that terminal (or the convention center)

Taxis enter very early. They have to collect disembarking passengers.