Computer classes

Viv0828

We have cruised on holland America which offers Windows computer classes. Does princess offer any computer classes - Windows or Mac? TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Viv0828

Princess has eliminated most of the classes.

The IT contractor they used to use did the classes. But the company that supplied the people went bankrupt.

This was about three years ago. No classes since then.

On a recent Royal Princess cruise the internet cafe was well staffed to assist with any questions. Many passengers bring their own tablets, laptops or smart phones and require help to load the app to get them operating. The internet cafe was also well staffed on the last day when passengers require assistance to print boarding passes.

Staffing may not be the same on all ships.

We have cruised on holland America which offers Windows computer classes. Does princess offer any computer classes - Windows or Mac? TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have taken many of the free classes offered on Holland America. They are quite good. I sat in on one free class on Princess which was supposed to convince us to take the paid for classes. To be kind, the Princess classes were awful. Even if they were free, they would not have been worth the money.

DON

When was the last time you saw them offered? As other's have mentioned, they've been gone for quite a while.

They actually had some photography lessons on Diamond Oct/Nov la st.

They weren't very good and very very basic, but thy offered them.

There was also a fair bit of selling going on.

I have taken many of the free classes offered on Holland America. They are quite good. I sat in on one free class on Princess which was supposed to convince us to take the paid for classes. To be kind, the Princess classes were awful. Even if they were free, they would not have been worth the money.

DON

They actually had some photography lessons on Diamond Oct/Nov la st.

They weren't very good and very very basic, but thy offered them.

There was also a fair bit of selling going on.

The only classes that Princess even offered for "free" were just advertisements they labeled as free classes and never meant to be instructive. All they did was suggest that if you wanted to learn a particular computer skill was to sign up for their paid class.

To be fair about I suppose they might have been OK for a very basic class in the photography subjects but nothing that you couldn't get from a book at the local library. At least from what I'm reading the classes on HAL are much better.