Live from the Westerdam-Join the "Pearls of the Pacific" gang's South Pacific Cruise

kazu

Pulled our luggage down from overhead garage racks today for "Packing Day" tomorrow. Hopefully Friday's going to be pretty laid back... hairdo day for Betty, haircut day for me (DD would ask "Which hair you gonna have cut, Dad?" :D ). Our "chariot" picks us up at 9AM Saturday and, hopefully, drops us about 150 miles down the road at the Westerdam around 12:30. Really looking forward to this cruise since booking it 19+ months ago! Also looking forward to joining the rest of our Roll Call over the next 30+ days. :)

I'm all ready, at least I hope so:eek:, as I leave for the airport in three and a half hours. Should be in San Diego before noon Pacific time! Going to try and get a couple of hours sleep but not sure that will happen.

I am so looking forward to meeting all the fantastic people from the roll call! Stay tuned for our adventures!

We are at the airport waiting for our flight to Seattle. It's a busy spot at 5 a.m! Hope they don't lose our bags.

Bite your tongue Ann. One of sapper1's wasn't there for Customs to check. The big "uh-oh". When we got to San Diego, it was not to be seen. Fortunately when she went to Air Canada she was greeted by her name with a question in the voice. The bag was still in Toronto. It is being delivered to the hotel tonight, thankfully. Another good reason to arrive early for a cruise. ;)

Unbeknownst to us, sapper1 and her DH were in the seats behind us on the puddle hopper to T.O. As well as on the flight to San Diego (which we knew since there were not 6 seats). Happy to report that sapper1 and her DH survived both flights unscathed. :p:D;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kazu

Been looking forward to this for a long time - since I cancelled this cruise:( - but now I can live it vicariously. Great memories of the last Sailaway from San Diego on the Westie - have a great time and have one for me, LOL!

Jacqui, wish we were there with you, going on this cruise with you and Jose, our friends sapper1 and DH, Vict0riann and DH, scrapnana and all the others. Hard to believe it's been nearly a year since we were all together on Westie for the Panama Canal.

We'll just have to console ourselves with Koningsdam, Rome, Gibraltar, Seville, Lisbon, Cherbourg and Amsterdam in May.

We'll be with you all in spirit and will bring you along in the same manner on the Christening cruise!

Bon Voyage, friends! :D

Edited by 0bnxshs

Weather in San Diego is great (much better than in Canada, anyways). Got in early yesterday and off to the Zoo today. Saw the Grand Princess leave yesterday from our room at the Grand Hyatt ... lovely sight... will soon be our turn.

Safe travels to the rest of our Roll Call and look forward to meeting you all on Saturday. In the meantime, I will brush up on my wine tasting skills to ensure I am ready for next week. ;)

Cheers and see you all soon !

We've arrived, the sun is shining, and the flight was good. The mountains were out in all their glory, it is a very scenic flight. Now we are headed out of lunch and perhaps a bit of shopping. My suitcase arrived without a lock, so I guess it was opened. Very strange - the contents look undisturbed, will have to check later.

We've arrived, the sun is shining, and the flight was good. The mountains were out in all their glory, it is a very scenic flight. Now we are headed out of lunch and perhaps a bit of shopping. My suitcase arrived without a lock, so I guess it was opened. Very strange - the contents look undisturbed, will have to check later.

Glad to hear you and DH arrived safely. Hopefully there is a paper on the top of the suitcase saying homeland security opened the case. I have had it happen in Boston.