Live from the Westerdam-Join the "Pearls of the Pacific" gang's South Pacific Cruise

kazu

After so many months of planning,and the trip so far away, it seemed hard to believe that it was actually time to go. But go we did at 3:00 am this morning. It was a long day but we are here in San Diego looking over it's beautiful harbour and waiting for our ship to arrive on Saturday.

A lot of our roll call are arriving early as well.

We've got a great roll call and had a ton of fun planning and getting to know one another on the roll call. It's going to be great when all 170+ of us finally get together :)

I've asked everyone on the roll call to join in on the live thread and share their thoughts, experiences, stories, etc. I hope they do as last year's was so much fun with the different insights, experiences, etc.

We have a lot of sea days along with some intriguing ports. And, of course, we do have some fun planned for some of those sea days.

We hope you will join us on our adventure on the Queen of Horns :)

Here's our itinerary:

H6S35W.jpg

I'm really looking forward to the postings in this "live from." (I'd rather be on board, but this is a great second best.)

Have a wonderful, once-in-a-lifetime, cruise, everyone.

Edited by Host Walt

Welcome to San Diego!! Super excited to be following you guys on your epic journey as we will be on this cruise next year! So post all you can about the ports and excursions.

San Diego had a rare rain storm last night and so things are a bit cooler than normal, but suppose to be sunny and fair for the next few days. Enjoy your stay in our beautiful city!

Welcome to San Diego!! Super excited to be following you guys on your epic journey as we will be on this cruise next year! So post all you can about the ports and excursions.

San Diego had a rare rain storm last night and so things are a bit cooler than normal, but suppose to be sunny and fair for the next few days. Enjoy your stay in our beautiful city!

Thank you for the welcome back to your beautiful city.

Weather is just fine with us - it's a lot warmer than in New Brunswick ;)

Our suitcases are locked and we're ready to leave the house at 3:30 tomorrow morning:eek:. Of course the last few nights have been pretty sleepless, so it won't make too much difference. I was at the airport yesterday and noticed that Timmie's opens at 5, so hope we will have time to have a coffee before we go through security. At least we have joined the civilized world and now have a Nexus line!

We are having gorgeous weather here - even better than San Diego, so I really don't want to leave - maybe we should activate our "Cancel for any reason" insurance - no, I guess not!:D

See you in San Diego tomorrow!

Our suitcases are locked and we're ready to leave the house at 3:30 tomorrow morning:eek:. Of course the last few nights have been pretty sleepless, so it won't make too much difference. I was at the airport yesterday and noticed that Timmie's opens at 5, so hope we will have time to have a coffee before we go through security. At least we have joined the civilized world and now have a Nexus line!

We are having gorgeous weather here - even better than San Diego, so I really don't want to leave - maybe we should activate our "Cancel for any reason" insurance - no, I guess not!:D

See you in San Diego tomorrow!

Is this one of the few Canadian airports that don't have a Timmie's inside security?

Subscribing to this thread.

Roy