Live from the Westerdam-Join the "Pearls of the Pacific" gang's South Pacific Cruise

kazu

Jacqui and friends,

May you all have a fabulous cruise with many special memories of your long planned time together.

Think of me next Friday from hopefully sunny Hawaii as I sail from hopefully sunny Rome on the KDAM.

Fair Winds and Following Seas to all of us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Safe travels my friends! The snow is accumulating and I am off to bed but not before I uploaded my screenshots to Shutterfly.

The web cam was poor (at best) but I have tried to crop the images to try to get the best image quality I could and still keep the time in the picture. I found the small screen better quality (framed in black) than the full screen version.

The first two in the afternoon but dinner time back here in Eastern time:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Finally you are on the move:

ry%3D400

Lousy quality but this is indicative of what we were trying to see through the webcam:

ry%3D400

I would grab a screenshot and before I could push the button the image had changed. I only got one close up before the screen changed:

ry%3D400

Our luggage didn't arrive until it was time for the safety drill so most of our evening was spent unpacking. There is still one more suitcase to tackle today.

We managed to get our requested table for two in late dining and we were very pleased with our first meal.

We had lunch in the Lido and I noticed that those delicious cookies we all love were now about half the size they were a year ago. Another cutback?

One odd thing I noticed as I was delivering some Meet and Greet invitations for Kazu was the passenger riding his Segway down the hall. He whipped down the corridor and into his cabin right next to me. If he had tried to pass me I would have had to flatten myself against the wall. Now I know I had wine for lunch but only one glass! It honestly was a full sized Segway.:eek: It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

We went to the show - introductions by CD Mario of the cast an location crew - location guide Kainoa, piano bar person,nAnna, and Showhost, Jorge.

Thank you for that information. Much appreciated.

I have read more good things about Kainoa than I can count! sounds like everyone got very fortunate with him along to lecture.

We had lunch in the Lido and I noticed that those delicious cookies we all love were now about half the size they were a year ago. Another cutback?

If that's HAL's reason, then it's faulty logic. Taking twice as many to get as much as you want is no savings. :rolleyes: Just means people need a bigger plate! :D

One odd thing I noticed as I was delivering some Meet and Greet invitations for Kazu was the passenger riding his Segway down the hall. He whipped down the corridor and into his cabin right next to me. If he had tried to pass me I would have had to flatten myself against the wall. Now I know I had wine for lunch but only one glass! It honestly was a full sized Segway.:eek: It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

That sounds very dangerous.

At least with my scooter I can lean forward to check if someone is coming when I near a corner, or other blind spot. If someone on a Segway were to try that, they would impact the running of the machine.

Not good.

Segway rider passed in front of us at emergency drill yesterday. Haven't seen him since. Quiet dinner in the PG. Menu changed a bit since we last sailed HAL in November but amuse Bouche was the same scallop with pumpkin purée. Looking forward to some of the many adult beverage events during the month. Remembered to manually set phone back an hour. This time of year it's three hours difference between CA and HI so maybe every other night or three nights in a row to get it over with? Nice ship movement for sleeping last night. Time for a cappuccino and book reading in Crows Nest

Thank you for that information. Much appreciated.

I have read more good things about Kainoa than I can count! sounds like everyone got very fortunate with him along to lecture.

We had Kainoa on our Zaandam Hawaii R/T in 2008, so he's been around for a while. Nice work if you can get it!:D

Enjoy the cruise to all my "peeps"!;)