Attire

suetown

Suetown, you can wear jeans wench you board. No need to dress up more.

The only time there is really a dress code is in the evening and for those questions I would post them on the cruise line board for the ship you will be on.

Keith

Are jeans acceptable? When you board can I wear jeans or do you need to dress up more? How about in the buffet, can you dress down and save the posh dresses for the formal dining areas ?

It really depends on the cruise line. If it is a "mainstream" cruise line (Carnival, RCCL, NCL, etc), jeans are fine. The more upscale the cruiseline, the more upscale the dress ...

Are jeans acceptable? When you board can I wear jeans or do you need to dress up more? How about in the buffet, can you dress down and save the posh dresses for the formal dining areas ?

It depends on what cruise company but all the main companies (Ncl, Royal Caribbean etc) you can wear anything you like. I've gone through whole cruises and hardly changed out of sweat pants and jeans. You can wear anything in the buffet as long as youre not dripping wet in swimming trunks after crawling out of the pool(although I've even seen this) . Cruises in the main can be as formal or as informal as you like and you'll generally see a whole range of dressing at any one time.

Edited by B35

Seems you'll be on Navigator OTS. Jeans will be absolutely fine.

Enjoy! :)

LuLu

If you are cruising in the Caribbean, why would you even want to wear jeans? Where are you cruising, when, and on what ship?

On more than one occasion recently, it is been so chilly on the first day or two of our cruise that I was happily wearing my jeans and a top. And less we are guaranteed weather in the 80s every day, I will always bring on a pair of jeans.

You can absolutely wear jeans! Just be as comfortable as possible for check-in. I typically wear capris, if leaving from a warm-weather destination. On the cruise itself, jeans can be worn almost anywhere, particularly during the day, at the buffet, and on excursions. Jeans are not preferred in the main dining room, although you see the occasional person wearing them. On the daily cruise calendar, it will list the dress code for the evening, and you will typically have two formal nights.