Crazy long signatures

Thanks for that info Kiwi Kruzer. I don't particularly want to know what cruises people have done in the past either. Having said that though I must say that I was amazed to see someone the other day that had done something like 40/50 cruises and about 30 of them had been to Mexico. Some people neeed to get a life I think. In all the cruises they have done there seemed to be only about 6 or 7 different places. To each his own though. This world is made up of all sorts and I suppose it is just as well.:)

Thanks for that info Kiwi Kruzer. I don't particularly want to know what cruises people have done in the past either. Having said that though I must say that I was amazed to see someone the other day that had done something like 40/50 cruises and about 30 of them had been to Mexico. Some people neeed to get a life I think. In all the cruises they have done there seemed to be only about 6 or 7 different places. To each his own though. This world is made up of all sorts and I suppose it is just as well.:)

We haven't done 40 or 50 cruises, but half of our cruises have been to Tasmania, and I really don't expect that to change.

But then we love Tasmania.

And there are really only a few options to and from Sydney if you have only limited time pretty much

Tasmania

Queensland Coast

New Zealand

The Islands

Even if time isn't an issue you only add

World Cruise

Circle Pacific

Circle South America

Hawaii and back

Circumnavigation of Australia

My comment only relates to the fact that there are so many places to see in the world. I know it adds to the cost but consider flying away and doing a cruise away from Australia or flying out and cruising back. I know it is a bit of a dilema. A couple of times I have been to Europe and thought I would like to go back again to a particular place because I liked it so much but as I said there are so many places to see in the world. By the way I like Tassie also, having been there a couple of times, but apart from the cruise experience itself I wouldn't necessarily like to go to Tassie regularly if other places are also possible.:)

My comment only relates to the fact that there are so many places to see in the world. I know it adds to the cost but consider flying away and doing a cruise away from Australia or flying out and cruising back. I know it is a bit of a dilema. A couple of times I have been to Europe and thought I would like to go back again to a particular place because I liked it so much but as I said there are so many places to see in the world. By the way I like Tassie also, having been there a couple of times, but apart from the cruise experience itself I wouldn't necessarily like to go to Tassie regularly if other places are also possible.:)

And when doctors say flying may well kill the only person who you would rather be dead than hav to be apart from??

So flying is out.

Edited by GUT2407

I had mine all listed but in colums so I thought it wasn't too long. Helped me to remember what I had done. But the other day I saw the cruising profile that I now have in somebody's signature and thought it was pretty cool. Now if anybody is interested they can click on my siganture and see what the details are. You can also have the settings as private so people can't see.

For my first response I leave my signature information intact, but if I keep going in a thread I turn my signature off. Easy to do, just scroll down when doing a reply to Additional Options. In the first section called Miscellaneous Options untick 'Show your signature'

If only others did that!

Have seen people multi-post with one line style replies, but massive signatures each time. Erk! I usually just close the window when the s/n ratio goes so low like that.

Now my pet peeve is when people 'quote' 6 photos and several paragraphs, repeating everything again. While I can understand this if you are quoting something on page 54 that someone said on page 3, but when it is within the same or next page it really irritates me.

Elise

That bugs me as well, otherwise I like to see where people have been. (Gives me ideas for a future adventure ;))

I can understand 30 cruises to Mexico. For some , the ship itself is the destination and they just enjoy being on board.

I had mine all listed but in colums so I thought it wasn't too long. Helped me to remember what I had done. But the other day I saw the cruising profile that I now have in somebody's signature and thought it was pretty cool. Now if anybody is interested they can click on my siganture and see what the details are. You can also have the settings as private so people can't see.

So where do you get it. To quote an ooollllldd ad.

I can understand 30 cruises to Mexico. For some , the ship itself is the destination and they just enjoy being on board.

I don't understand why people must insist that others do something that they want to do. I also have health reasons, not as serious as Mrs Gut, but none the less important to me, for not flying overseas at the moment. I does not mean I don't have a life that I enjoy in my own way.

I'd be just as happy if the ship headed off somewhere warm and cruised around in circles for a couple of weeks. Port days disrupt my shipboard routine. :eek: :D

Lots of Aussies do the South pacific every year and that is all they have done.

Good work.:D

When I get back to cruising , I still wont be able to fly long distances , so my cruising will be limited to Auckland return. Perhaps my goal could be to see how many different ships I could do the same itinerary on.:D:D

We met a couple who were on their 50th Alaskan sailing (out of around 100 cruises), they love cruising, they love the ship life, they love the scenery from the ship but they don't need to get off at any of the ports anymore.

I don't understand why people must insist that others do something that they want to do. I also have health reasons, not as serious as Mrs Gut, but none the less important to me, for not flying overseas at the moment. I does not mean I don't have a life that I enjoy in my own way.

Agreed, some people say to me 'How can you stand to cruise all the time' and I say 'Because I like it' . I do not try and encourage those types to cruise as I know they will go onto the ship with the wrong attitude.

Many Americans cruise Mexico or the Caribbean or California Coastal regularly as Aussies cruise the South Pacific. All a little boring for me. But I can understand why many do the aforesaid, unable to fly or budgetary constraints etc.

On a footnote, yes Uncle Les's signature is a little long, I plead guilty, but I have not listed all 22 ships I have been on, I will spare you that, LOL. Such is life.

Edited by NSWP

Many Americans cruise Mexico or the Caribbean or California Coastal regularly as Aussies cruise the South Pacific. All a little boring for me. But I can understand why many do the aforesaid, unable to fly or budgetary constraints etc.

On a footnote, yes Uncle Les's signature is a little long, I plead guilty, but I have not listed all 22 ships I have been on, I will spare you that, LOL. Such is life.

Talking of your signature Uncle Les, followed a caravan this morning and what's written on the spare wheel cover but "Adventure before Dementia" Now Mrs Gut was very captivated by it, so I had to explain other how that is your signature and the "Van people" we're probably just a pack of copy cats.

When I get back to cruising , I still wont be able to fly long distances , so my cruising will be limited to Auckland return. Perhaps my goal could be to see how many different ships I could do the same itinerary on.:D:D

That's more or less what we do with Tassie.

But we also use it as a taster, a cruise where we know we like the Ports really does let you see if you like the ship. Plus if a ship can handle Bass Strait, when it's angry, it will handle most conditions.

Really hoping it gets a bi rough on QMII to see how an Ocean Liner copes.