Cruise Lines that Depart out of San Juan Help

miss_rach

All,

For our 25th in 2017 we are looking to take a 7 day or so out of San Juan. We live in Tampa, FL and always cruise on Carnival, we have no issues with them but are looking for something more high end just for the wife and I and want to fly into San Juan and go out of there since there are ports that we can't get to departing out of Port Canaveral, Tampa or Miami.

What cruise lines go out of San Juan? Any help would be great!

Cheers!

Not sure about 2017 but NCL has been known to sail from San Juan also. I would use one of the online travel sites to search San Juan as a port of departure for the time frame I was looking for and see which lines come up and how they compare price-wise.

Just did a search on a really good TA site but can't mention the site here.

In addition to those mentioned, NCL Viking Cruises, Disney, Sea Dream, Windstar, and Azamara, have saplings.

Since you like Carnival I would look at NCL as well and probably Royal Caribbean for starters.

Keith

We did RCI's Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan back in 2011. It did the southern Caribbean route (Aruba, Curacao, Domenica and St. Thomas). It was a FANTASTIC cruise. We love Adventure (which is a Voyager-class) ship that has lots of very nice amenities. Although not as high end as Celebrity or some of the others, it is still a very nice ship with tons to do onboard. We would not hesitate to sail her again. The only reason we aren't doing our southern Caribbean next year on her is because we wanted to do the 9 day out of Miami on Navigator (another Voyager-class ship) which we haven't sailed on yet.

Edited by Teeara