I thought C&A balcony discounts can be combined

It must been a long time since I've been on RCCL or just booked when there has been no promos but I've noticed that it's either the promo or C&A balcony discount not both. Since our cdn dollar is so weak usually the promo is better in dollar value than the C&A discount but what's the point of obtaining levels when there are restrictions. Just complaining...

It must been a long time since I've been on RCCL or just booked when there has been no promos but I've noticed that it's either the promo or C&A balcony discount not both. Since our cdn dollar is so weak usually the promo is better in dollar value than the C&A discount but what's the point of obtaining levels when there are restrictions. Just complaining...

Depends on the nature of the promo. The balcony discount should be combinable with the 30% or BOGO rates. However, it's not combinable with additional OBC, which is how the "free" gratuities in the current promo are given.

So, just to be clear.... Balcony discount CANNOT be combined with free gratuities??? Is that correct??

Correct, because the "free" gratuities are given as OBC, and the only Royal OBC that can be combined with the balcony discount is that from booking on board.

Correct, because the "free" gratuities are given as OBC, and the only Royal OBC that can be combined with the balcony discount is that from booking on board.

Bob you are correct. I looked at it with my agent print out and also Royal. If you go to Royal site you get tips no $ 225.00 diamond discount. I use my agent and they give Pre paid tips and Royal gives the $190.00 OBC.

I still do better booking with Royal thru my agent, at the current ( sale) rate with no ob credit and taking $225.Diamond discount. It's only $35.00 difference.

Bottom line this sale is a few dollars more than the one before, and this ends the 14th. What they are doing is screwing the high end C& A people who paid their way to get to that level. Bob

Bob you are correct. I looked at it with my agent print out and also Royal. If you go to Royal site you get tips no $ 225.00 diamond discount. I use my agent and they give Pre paid tips and Royal gives the $190.00 OBC.

I still do better booking with Royal thru my agent, at the current ( sale) rate with no ob credit and taking $225.Diamond discount. It's only $35.00 difference.

Bottom line this sale is a few dollars more than the one before, and this ends the 14th. What they are doing is screwing the high end C& A people who paid their way to get to that level. Bob

Correct. They are negating the benefit and giving the same deals to new cruisers with no history with RC.

Exactly what I saw on our cruises Bob.

Your right...

I guess I find regardless the type of original promo 30% off, BOGO, etc... the final price is typically the same....

30/30 promo is much better than the half off current promo. Especially in my case since the OBC offered is not available to me due to the balcony discount.

So, just to be clear.... Balcony discount CANNOT be combined with free gratuities??? Is that correct??

Is this a RCCL perk?

because we get free gratuities from our TA and it is combinable with our balcony discount

Is this a RCCL perk?

because we get free gratuities from our TA and it is combinable with our balcony discount

If you get them from your TA it's okay. There is a current RCL promotion offering free grats that is not combinable with the balcony discount

Depends on the nature of the promo. The balcony discount should be combinable with the 30% or BOGO rates. However, it's not combinable with additional OBC, which is how the "free" gratuities in the current promo are given.

Yes, the C&A balcony discount may be combinable with those BOGO rates but you don't get the full value of that discount as RC takes the balcony discount off of the regular cruise fare before they apply the BOGO discount so your balcony discount is in effect reduced by the percentage of the BOGO. The same happens with senior rate and other similar discounts.

This has been mentioned here on CC previously.

Yes, the C&A balcony discount may be combinable with those BOGO rates but you don't get the full value of that discount as RC takes the balcony discount off of the regular cruise fare before they apply the BOGO discount so your balcony discount is in effect reduced by the percentage of the BOGO. The same happens with senior rate and other similar discounts.

This has been mentioned here on CC previously.

Actually, unless it's changed, you do get the full balcony discount on BOGOHO, but you don't on the 30% off.

I suspect this is because the balcony discount gets applied to passenger #1, which is undiscounted for BOGOHO.

They will probably fix this (meaning take some more discount away from us) soon.

I'm surprised they don't give you the balcony discount on passenger #2 then add it back in on passenger #2. I wonder how many people would notice. Their pricing during the BOGOHO-US is really difficult to divine anyway.

Tom

Actually, unless it's changed, you do get the full balcony discount on BOGOHO, but you don't on the 30% off.

I suspect this is because the balcony discount gets applied to passenger #1, which is undiscounted for BOGOHO.

They will probably fix this (meaning take some more discount away from us) soon.

We were able to combine our balcony discount with OBC given when booking while on board. That may be a difference as well. Or, maybe we just got lucky. We're not complaining.

Tom

See post #5.

We were able to combine our balcony discount with OBC given when booking while on board. That may be a difference as well. Or, maybe we just got lucky. We're not complaining.

Tom

Yes, OBC from booking on board is the only Royal OBC that can be combined with the balcony discount.

Yes, you're correct about the BOGOHO but any other rate that give a general or across the board discount, like senior or residence, the balcony discount is reduced by the same % as the discount one receives as shown by the two screen shots below.

I'm surprised they don't give you the balcony discount on passenger #2 then add it back in on passenger #2. I wonder how many people would notice. Their pricing during the BOGOHO-US is really difficult to divine anyway.

Tom

Yes, the way it is displayed it appears RCI is giving you the full balcony discount, shown below as $350, but you'll notice that the difference in the actual cost below is only $227, not $350, lower with the balcony discount as they apply that discount before calculating the senior discount rate shown below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=382250&d=1460211023

attachment.php?attachmentid=382251&d=1460211023

Also for us Canadian if we book in $CAD RCI adjust our cruise cost up for the lower $CAD value but the balcony discount amount remains the same.

BrilOct16ca.jpg.ff78d6ee3f919e11f689bdfdf98dcd57.jpg

BrilOct16noca.jpg.e77a2a37e731777c97595dc310ad9781.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

If you book in CDN is the OBC in USD?

I ask because the C&A Diamond discount is $225 or the OBC is $190.

Now if that is $190 USD - that's like $250 CDN but if it is $19- CDN - then my Diamond balcony discount of course is better...

Decisions Decisions...

Also the promo right now free grats - is that for everyone in the cabin or just the first 2?

Edited by xcell

If you book in CDN is the OBC in USD?

I ask because the C&A Diamond discount is $225 or the OBC is $190.

Now if that is $190 USD - that's like $250 CDN but if it is $19- CDN - then my Diamond balcony discount of course is better...

Decisions Decisions...

Also the promo right now free grats - is that for everyone in the cabin or just the first 2?

OBC is in US dollars.