For Fun ..... What's Your ?

What's Your Embarkation Outfit Going to Be for your Next Cruise?

I have 2 tops that I'm still back and forth between, 1st is bright red/orange print tunic with 3/4 length bell sleeves and V-Neck and 2nd is Aquamarine zebra poncho type blouse with tie waist . Paired with White denim Capris, and sandles

My next cruise is SIN to HKG on Azamara. I have a general idea of wardrobe but not specifics yet ( it's at the end of November ;-) Probably Eileen Fisher crepe ankle pants and a linen tunic tank. We'll be gone almost 3 weeks - trying to pack light, black, white and turquoise I think. Most of the time I'll wear dresses (and bringing 1 pair shorts) but I don't like to travel or handle luggage in a dress so what I wear on the plane might be what I wear for embarkation.

Think I'm going for maxi dress with sandals breezy but not dressy...enough so I can go to dinner without changing. I do have a second option of capris and nice top but I guess I know when I get there as we have a few days pre cruise and I'll see what the weather calls for when I get there :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

HoyaHeel, we did the transpacific flight for our last Azamara cruise in January. I thought the North Atlantic in winter was a bumpy flight. Wear something comfortable and very washable. Even in the pods up front Imanaged a ton of turbulence most of the flight and even got a snooze in. Then about 90 minutes out as we were having breakfast we hit an unannounced last jolt and my coffee went all over my new yellow half zip. As soon as we hit our hotel I dribbled water over the splotches and then poured some liquid soup on the spots. Sent it to be laundered once aboard and it came back looking like new. It seems the air over the Pacific is not as calm as I assumed and that was a nrmal flight according to the stewards.

We'll be taking a bus from Anchorage to Seward to board the Crystal Serenity after 2 nights in Anchorage in mid-August. I am thinking of navy Eileen Fisher crepe pants and a white Tommy Bahama half zip with a scarf and navy flats depending on the weather. My rain jacket will be with me not in my carry on unless it looks very clear out. Tt

Edited by NorthernLite

Excuse the typos above especially the "liquid soup". Obviously should be soap. My android went nuts and it seems we have only 20 minutes to edit things. The last line should be: That should get me through dinner in the main dining room and a drink or two afterwards. I will change to a dressier top depending on when muster will be.

Edited by NorthernLite

HoyaHeel, we did the transpacific flight for our last Azamara cruise in January. I thought the North Atlantic in winter was a bumpy flight. Wear something comfortable and very washable.

I've had multiple business trips to China in the past couple years - during my November flight DTW-PVG, the guy sitting next to me spilled one of his 3 glasses of wine on me (he ordered 2, then another before he finished the first two...and he might have had some before he boarded the plane. Otherwise a very nice seat companion) I always fly in something comfortable, in layers, and black. Because - for work I'm flying coach. I always pack this great handwash gel I got in France.

I just got home from my first River Cruise:D.....Amsterdam in April is

chilly.....I wore a pretty blue tunic sweater and black jeans on sail day.

I can't say what I am wearing on my next cruise because I am not sure

when they is taking place.

My next cruise is SIN to HKG on Azamara. I have a general idea of wardrobe but not specifics yet ( it's at the end of November ;-) Probably Eileen Fisher crepe ankle pants and a linen tunic tank. We'll be gone almost 3 weeks - trying to pack light, black, white and turquoise I think. Most of the time I'll wear dresses (and bringing 1 pair shorts) but I don't like to travel or handle luggage in a dress so what I wear on the plane might be what I wear for embarkation.

Love Eileen Fisher. So comfy and stylish too.

I just got home from my first River Cruise:D.....Amsterdam in April is

chilly.....I wore a pretty blue tunic sweater and black jeans on sail day.

I can't say what I am wearing on my next cruise because I am not sure

when they is taking place.

Lois, I would love to read your review from ship, ports, cabins, food and clothes. Please let us know when it is up. I do hope extra security did not tarnish your first river cruise!

Lois, I would love to read your review from ship, ports, cabins, food and clothes. Please let us know when it is up. I do hope extra security did not tarnish your first river cruise!

Hi, here is the link and nothing was tarnished.....actually, I did not notice

extra security. Maybe it was there but nothing I could see.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2344645

Excellent review! I felt as if I were there. Arnheim has an interesting history that until just recently continued on. It is one of the two bridge heads desperately needed after D-Day with the bridges intact. When I served in Germany teams of soldiers who volunteered from many allied countries did the Bridge Too Far walk. It was a 100 mile, 4 day march in full uniform and 40 pound pack. Many memories, friends were made and a lot of uniforms were traded at the end of each day within the tent cities set up by the local towns.

The only disappointing thing is the "rafting". It pretty much makes accessible ships into inaccessible cruises. I am glad you loved Brugge and Amsterdam. We have been to both and they are unforgettable. Again, thanks for the time you took to write up your experiences.

I have not been on a cruise yet although I would love to and want to in the future. I have no idea what people wear on the embarking day so this post is great for me to get an idea.

Hi collegegirl! pre-welcome to the addictive world of cruising!

I've usually organized a sailaway party of Cruise Critic rollcall'ers -- I wear a plain top the better to show of my Mardi Gras beads and name tag. Other than that, something cool and thin is usually in order, although I'm not sure about sailing out of Vancouver in June, our next cruise. Might want a light topper for that.

Also remember after boarding, before sailaway, there will be a mandatory 'muster drill', where you learn or refresh emergency procedures. Different lines and even different ships within the line will do this differently -- some are civilized and have each [life-boat] group meet in an inside area and observe a crew member put on the life jacket; others have you bring your life jacket from your cabin, learn by doing how to put it on, and then stand in the sun on deck while trying to hear the crew members. Either way, it IS important.

Just try to be dressed in a way to both attend muster AND enjoy sailaway! I might be re-thinking my long full skirt! or not...

Edited by crystalspin