Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

No, not at all.

D+ were given admission to the Concierge Lounge long before anyone dreamed of adding Diamond Lounges to any ship.

DIAMONDS used to be allowed in the Concierge Lounge, too. Then they kicked THEM out because of overcrowding. After a lot of pushback, screaming and yelling, RC started having the "Diamond Event."

Eventually, they built Diamond Lounges.

Thank you for explaining and correcting me and clarifying what happened in which order. I apologize for any confusion:)

I wouldn't have given her the courtesy of an answer, but just looked at her and said "Does yours?"

Gold Jerry, gold.

I'd have said "Of course not, I snuck in" (just to watch them throw a fit with the Concierge, and then show the Concierge my perfectly acceptable card)

Or perhaps, "What do you mean? The door was open."

Basically anything but a simple and direct "yes" that would validate their nosiness is fine.

"Of course, I can go anywhere on the rocket ship I please, I am an astronaut".

You get the gist.

Since they catering to suite guests any chance the Diamond Lounges that are nicer get renamed to Suite Lounge?

Ie Navigator Suite Lounge is hole in wall on deck 10 is made into Diamond. While Diamond Lounge on deck 13 which 100 times nicer renamed to Suite Lounge?

Get this thread back on track before it get locked

Since they catering to suite guests any chance the Diamond Lounges that are nicer get renamed to Suite Lounge?

Ie Navigator Suite Lounge is hole in wall on deck 10 is made into Diamond. While Diamond Lounge on deck 13 which 100 times nicer renamed to Suite Lounge?

Get this thread back on track before it get locked

Could be.

Coding door locks is easy.

Moving a sign is easy

Changing deck plans on the website is easy (theory)

Could be.

Coding door locks is easy.

Moving a sign is easy

Changing deck plans on the website is easy (theory)

I was nodding my head in agreement until you used the words website and easy in the same sentence. This is an RCI discussion, isn't it?;)

I was nodding my head in agreement until you used the words website and easy in the same sentence. This is an RCI discussion, isn't it?;)

If it was any other company I would not have couched it with (theory) at the end.

You might swap lounges but get deck plans for Nordic Prince.

Glad you liked it! It's amazing what people take away and remember from conversations. Willie Wonka Pie was a solid recommendation. :D :D

I'm not sure where you got that impression. D+ tier level was created in 2004 (?) -- before that the top C&A tier was Diamond. D+ always had access to the CL. DL's were not even created until after 2009, when D's were disinvited from the CL. And the DL's were not created overnight. The Diamond Event came first, and then slowly DL's were created as the ships went through dry dock. There are several misconceptions in your post.

Karen - was the first DL on FR when she debuted in 2006? Our first FR cruise was out of Miami in 2008 and we used the DL for nightly drinks and for me, the continental breakfast/special coffees.

More DLs were created after Ds were kicked out of the CL kin 2009 -- I think.

Karen - was the first DL on FR when she debuted in 2006? Our first FR cruise was out of Miami in 2008 and we used the DL for nightly drinks and for me, the continental breakfast/special coffees.

More DLs were created after Ds were kicked out of the CL kin 2009 -- I think.

I believe you're right. I was on FR in 2006 and honestly don't remember, but FR was the first ship to get one.

Edited by travelgoddess1

So this is what I get for paying attention to work rather than CC... I missed the run to 1000. :)

But seriously. What would keep them from running "Diamond events" again? Maybe not every night. There are larger unused or underused venues in the happy hour time frame.

I am assuming as a D+ I will still have some sort of lounge. But I'd rather lose a lounge than have some points expiration scheme. Cruise lines are not mass transportation like airlines.

Yikes – so much conversation about where to have a free drink or meet up with friends. If the cruise line is providing a dedicated space, regardless of the name or location, for passengers to have free drinks and meet up with other cruisers, why is everyone still complaining. If you don't like the new location, new name or find it too crowded, use your vouchers at one of the numerous ship bars. Many passengers do that already. At this point, you will still receive three per person per evening and hopefully that will be enough.

I have been cruising for a while, and can easily recall the days when I was eligible per C&A status or accommodations for some type of lounge but when I sailed on a ship with no lounge at all (Sovereign) nothing was offered. There was no such thing as a diamond event, and certainly no diamond or concierge lounge back then. There was a huge difference in the benefit that one would receive on a newer ship with the lounge versus a ship with no lounge, but as they say "it is what it is". I recall my first diamond event on the Sovereign and being so excited just to have a dedicated space in the Viking lounge and be served free soda, sparkling wine or wine and a DISCOUNT on other drinks.

Seems throughout the years that the cruise line has balanced the playing field and really offers numerous passengers a terrific evening benefit regardless of the ship. Perhaps I am not as concerned about the particular lounges as others as I can recall the days when we received nothing.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

I believe you're right. I was on FR in 2006 and honestly don't remember, but FR was the first ship to get one.

HHHMMMM...............yes. She was built with a Diamond Lounge. Then her sisters were. Then Oasis class ships were built with them. THEN they started retrofitting other ships.

IIRC. (which is definitely in doubt)

Yikes – so much conversation about where to have a free drink or meet up with friends. If the cruise line is providing a dedicated space, regardless of the name or location, for passengers to have free drinks and meet up with other cruisers, why is everyone still complaining. If you don't like the new location, new name or find it too crowded, use your vouchers at one of the numerous ship bars. Many passengers do that already. At this point, you will still receive three per person per evening and hopefully that will be enough.

I have been cruising for a while, and can easily recall the days when I was eligible per C&A status or accommodations for some type of lounge but when I sailed on a ship with no lounge at all (Sovereign) nothing was offered. There was no such thing as a diamond event, and certainly no diamond or concierge lounge back then. There was a huge difference in the benefit that one would receive on a newer ship with the lounge versus a ship with no lounge, but as they say "it is what it is". I recall my first diamond event on the Sovereign and being so excited just to have a dedicated space in the Viking lounge and be served free soda, sparkling wine or wine and a DISCOUNT on other drinks.

Seems throughout the years that the cruise line has balanced the playing field and really offers numerous passengers a terrific evening benefit regardless of the ship. Perhaps I am not as concerned about the particular lounges as others as I can recall the days when we received nothing.

M

I still remember a group of about 6 older folks at a lounge on Grandeur (10 day cruise/Tampa) complaining bitterly that there was no Concierge Lounge for them to enjoy, and that they were forced to purchase their drinks. I think they were Floridians. :rolleyes:

We sailed because we enjoyed the itinerary, not whether it had a lounge or not. That is still pretty much why we cruise. :D

Edited by Coralc

M

well stated!

M

Thank you for saying what many of us are thinking. :)

I still remember a group of about 6 older folks at a lounge on Grandeur (10 day cruise/Tampa) complaining bitterly that there was no Concierge Lounge for them to enjoy, and that they were forced to purchase their drinks. I think they were Floridians. :rolleyes:

We sailed because we enjoyed the itinerary, not whether it had a lounge or not. That is still pretty much why we cruise. :D

It's always the Floridians. :rolleyes:

1050 [emoji13]

1 day closer to a possible unvail of C/A stuff redesigned and taken away!

Joy rapture!

Beyond excited that I rearranged my schedule and flight to stay the 4 extra days in April for it to possibly mean squat come September B-day cruise. [emoji37] [emoji21] [emoji49]

Other lines you look so fine!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk