Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

Sorry Bob, but they are demoted. Once delinked you are on your own with points earned. I know a Pinnacle male who divorced his wife and since he had cruised solo many times, she was demoted to D+. His SO became Pinnacle as soon as he had her linked to his account. Not fair but how it is done.

That's not how they explained it to me, but I should know better by now. :rolleyes:

Odd that they would demote SOs that are unlinked, but not children.

That's not how they explained it to me, but I should know better by now. :rolleyes:

I might guess that it is because children who are over 18 might very well continue to cruise with the family. But once an SO is an ex, and replaced by another :rolleyes: not so much... You might even have people angry if an ex gets to keep their status.

My daughter turned 18 in November, she for sure will be travelling with us this summer on a cruise and next summer. Unfortunately for her, we are/were one point short of Diamond before she turned 18. Even though she has been with us for every cruise except 2 - 3 night cruises the conversion that happened before wasn't as good to her as it was to us. ;) She will have several cruises to go before she makes Diamond on her own.

Edited by MNfamilycruiser

But are not children demoted when they are no longer children (regardless how they behave), when they reach a certain age (21, I think) to the level based on their own cruise history.

I know that some may feel we are off topic, but what the hay, I am the OP, and this thread seems to have a mind of its own. I just hope I'm not eating crow in five days.

How about that for getting three colloquial idioms into one sentence!

Edited by Tagsalong

Sorry Bob, but they are demoted. Once delinked you are on your own with points earned. I know a Pinnacle male who divorced his wife and since he had cruised solo many times, she was demoted to D+. His SO became Pinnacle as soon as he had her linked to his account. Not fair but how it is done.

I agree. I have a friend who made Pinnacle last year. She had cruised much more than her husband. She was told that her husband would also be Pinnacle, but if she got a divorce or passed away, his status would revert back to the points he had earned. I was surprised and asked if she had double checked that. She said that she had.

But are not children demoted when they are no longer children (regardless how they behave) when they reach a certain age (21, I think) to the level based on their own cruise history.

Children retain the parent's status as of when they turn 18, but they only have the points they have actually earned. It might take them a long time to get to the next level.

We have noticed that overall Celebrity's prices were usually lower then RCCL's when we were pricing out cruises. Not sure why.

I agree 100%. Add to that they usually throw in a drink package, gratuities, OBC or all 3. :)

Edited by webecruzin2

What I have posted is rumor until it becomes fact on, or shortly after, May 1.

Carnac the Magnificent knows.

What is fun is to find one of these threads after the news is released and then start reading it for the first time. Just did that on the thread about Royal canceling Empress. Knowing what actually happened cast all the speculation in a different light and allowed me to form opinions of how accurate or speculative certain posters were. Good to know for future speculations and supposed insider info. Almost like having a time machine.

Once years ago I relied on a couple of posters reputation and based on their "speculation" flew to Florida and took several B2B's in order to level up. Right after Royal announced a change in the way points would be counted.

Edited by CptSticky

I agree. I have a friend who made Pinnacle last year. She had cruised much more than her husband. She was told that her husband would also be Pinnacle, but if she got a divorce or passed away, his status would revert back to the points he had earned. I was surprised and asked if she had double checked that. She said that she had.

Thanks for the info ARC Nana. I guess it really doesn't come as a surprise about the move down.

Note to self: if DW is a Pinnacle and I am not on my own accord, if she passes before me do not inform RC of her unfortunate demise. This is one contact that the estate does not need to contact. :p

Pinnacle Sister Wives! ;)

Family suites? Adjoining cabins? Interconnecting cabins? Balcony club! There are just too many questions. Do they all sit together in the CL? Is only one wife allowed in the CL at a time? Do the rest go to the DL?

Family suites? Adjoining cabins? Interconnecting cabins? Balcony club! There are just too many questions. Do they all sit together in the CL? Is only one wife allowed in the CL at a time? Do the rest go to the DL?

You forgot: Who gets the invitation to the Captain's Table? ;) :D