Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

Absolutely. I did not go to the LA because in all honesty a can of Coke and little bag of cheap cookies are not the reason I cruise and I did not think it warranted a visit. We knew about our drink coupons and used those a few times. For my dad's sake I had to explain it all to him as far as Gold benefits.

My # was definitely on my reservation. Our Sea Pass cards said Diamond. I just chalked it up to being a cruise with heavy C&A presence and therefore resources AKA "the LA" was spread thin. That was my whole point of bringing it up- certainly not to complain. We had a wonderful cruise and loved exploring the West Coast as Floridians!

I'm reminded of a favorite saying of a good friend: "If you don't ask, you don't get." Since you didn't get invited to any of the parties, either, it might indeed have warranted a visit. I mentioned it for future reference.

That makes sense because Diamonds lost access to the CL in September 2009, which is when I remember the first block going from 30 to 20.

Wow, I can remember being diamond and getting kicked out of the CL but didn't really remember that it was in '09. Doing the math, that means it took us 5 years to go from D to P.

Edited by CptSticky

Tonight we received the invite for 340 and up special surprise luncheon with an officer. This will be held in the main dining room deck five on Monday.

This morning onboard being docking in Gibraltor, the staff had another fantastic flag ceremony poolside, including fish and chips and complimentary mimosas, rum punch, bloody Mary's and a few other drinks. Officers were all walking around talking with guests. They have been very visible this cruise.

Malaga tomorrow...goodnight. 11:15 PM in our time zone!:)

Tonight we received the invite for 340 and up special surprise luncheon with an officer. This will be held in the main dining room deck five on Monday.

This morning onboard being docking in Gibraltor, the staff had another fantastic flag ceremony poolside, including fish and chips and complimentary mimosas, rum punch, bloody Mary's and a few other drinks. Officers were all walking around talking with guests. They have been very visible this cruise.

Malaga tomorrow...goodnight. 11:15 PM in our time zone!:)

Is this on the Brilliance?

You are correct Pete, but that change occurred when we still had cruise credits.

It used to be that you got the first block at 30 cruise credits and every 10 thereafter. Some folks reported getting a block at 20 on Enchantment, but to my knowledge, this was the only ship that gave a block at 20.

About the time they kicked Diamonds out of the CL, they changed the first block to 20 cruise credits. That converted to 140 points in Jan 2011.

This is my recollection as well.

Ovation - welcome back party held on day4 in theater for Gold, Platinum and Emerald.

Tonight is a top tier event in Two70 for Diamond and above guests

Some traditions take longer to die than others. This is one event that has actually been officially cancelled by shoreside. The Benefits page had the Welcome Back Party taken off the page about a month ago. I guess some Captains and Hotel Directors still feel like they can do things that are not in the corporate matrix. This is a good thing, in most cases.

Or maybe snailmail as not yet reached that part of the world?!

That's not the old Welcome Back Party.

The WB Party was for everyone.

The two-part receptions are replacing what used to be one for everyone and one for upper levels.

(i.e., upper levels were invited to both)

I don't have the time nor the patience;)

Bottom line.............are D & D+ in the Diamond lounge ONLY? Back in October the buzz was Diamonds were getting kicked out. Just the facts and no gossip please.

Bottom line.............are D & D+ in the Diamond lounge ONLY? Back in October the buzz was Diamonds were getting kicked out. Just the facts and no gossip please.

ONLY on some ships that have installed Suite Lounges, (so far)...Liberty, Oasis, Allure, Harmony. I don't know about Anthem. There may be others.

Hi Peg! :D

~Patti :)

ONLY on some ships that have installed Suite Lounges, (so far)...Liberty, Oasis, Allure, Harmony. I don't know about Anthem. There may be others.

I thought only D+ were kicked out of CL, since they no longer exist on those ships. D and D+ are still in the DL, right?

........and Diamonds haven't been kicked out of the DL. :rolleyes:

I thought only D+ were kicked out of CL, since they no longer exist on those ships. D and D+ are still in the DL, right?

That is what I meant to say. :o D and D+ are restricted to the Diamond lounge on ships that have installed Suite Lounges. And yes, ships with Suite Lounges, no longer have a Concierge Lounge. :)

But on all other ships D+ are still welcome to use the Concierge Lounge.

Edited by Coralc

Ovation - welcome back party held on day4 in theater for Gold, Platinum and Emerald.

Tonight is a top tier event in Two70 for Diamond and above guests

That was was not a Welcome Back Party but a C&A Party for Gold, Platinum and Emerald Members. The next C&A Party is the Top Tier Event for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Members.

Edited by cruisenfever

That was was not a Welcome Back Party but a C&A Party for Gold, Platinum and Emerald Members. The next C&A Party is the Top Tier Event for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Members.

How is a C&A party different from Welcome Back? A rose by any other name?

How is a C&A party different from Welcome Back? A rose by any other name?

Good question. On our recent b2b2b on Anthem it was never advertised as a Welcome Back Party. It was always referenced as C&A.

Edit: I got the Welcome Aboard Party, which is no more, confused with the Welcome Back.

Edited by cruisenfever

Hi Patti.............I remember you from that Radiance cruise out of San Diego. Hope you're doing well!

We begin our NAV Trans-Atlantic today and we have been told there will be close to 900 D, D+ and P traveling. The new restrictions to lounge access upsets many but it is perfectly logical from a crowd control standpoint. No one is going to embrace changes that removes benefits that were granted in the past but what other choice does Royal really have? Turn the entire main theater into a lounge every evening??????

I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place -- this thread has been mostly about rumors. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place -- this thread has been mostly about rumors. :rolleyes:

I do see a Suite Lounge and Diamond Lounge on the Oasis deck plans...........no Concierge Lounge.