Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

My first gold cruise, I honestly thought this. I think it's a fair assumption to make. They tell you that you are GOLD, you see an area for GOLD people.

I also understood why it wasn't for me, but until it was explained, I didn't.

It was a dumb move by Royal.

I wasn't criticizing the gold members that assumed they had access (sorry if my post came off that way), but I always get a little laugh out of it.

It was a stupid move by Royal, though.

It is not some bare sign that has the words "Gold Only"

It is a sign with a PICTURE of a gold card. The SeaPass of a gold C&A member does NOT look like that picture.

FamilyCruise2011418.jpg

It is not some bare sign that has the words "Gold Only"

It is a sign with a PICTURE of a gold card. The SeaPass of a gold C&A member does NOT look like that picture.

FamilyCruise2011418.jpg

But surely you know that many people don't really bother to read...anything!

:rolleyes:

What I love about these threads is that some version of the rumor usually turns out to be true and everyone who makes fun of those reporting them never, ever comes back and says, oops, sorry, you did have some good gouge.

So, I've been expecting changes for a while, as have a lot of posters on here, but they just don't like that someone might know something before they do. Our last few cruises, the DL has been overcrowded as we've had hundreds of D and above onboard. On Anthem, there were something like 400 D onboard and about 150 D+ so you can see where it would make sense to make some changes to relieve the overcrowding. As D+ we've only gone in the CL a couple of times and not in the evening. We prefer (as do a lot of D's and above), the DL. On Vision, we only used the DL to get priority tendering in GC so we were on the first tender. And, unless we start cruising a lot more than we are now, we will never make Pinnacle. At the rate we're going, we could conceivably make it by the time we're 90 :-).

What I love about these threads is that some version of the rumor usually turns out to be true and everyone who makes fun of those reporting them never, ever comes back and says, oops, sorry, you did have some good gouge.

So, I've been expecting changes for a while, as have a lot of posters on here, but they just don't like that someone might know something before they do. Our last few cruises, the DL has been overcrowded as we've had hundreds of D and above onboard. On Anthem, there were something like 400 D onboard and about 150 D+ so you can see where it would make sense to make some changes to relieve the overcrowding. As D+ we've only gone in the CL a couple of times and not in the evening. We prefer (as do a lot of D's and above), the DL. On Vision, we only used the DL to get priority tendering in GC so we were on the first tender. And, unless we start cruising a lot more than we are now, we will never make Pinnacle. At the rate we're going, we could conceivably make it by the time we're 90 :-).

90 is the new 70 ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

90 is the new 70 ;)

LOL.

I also just re-read my post and meant to say we only used the CL for priority tendering. Don't want anyone to think that's a perk of the DL.

LOL.

I also just re-read my post and meant to say we only used the CL for priority tendering. Don't want anyone to think that's a perk of the DL.

But we could use that ....and start a whole new rumour. :rolleyes:

Then we could kick this thing off again! :D

Raina

I just looked at Harmony's deck plans. The DL got moved to what seems like a smaller space to make way for Wonderland and it looks like the SL and CK got bigger than Oasis/Allure. I'm surprised they gave up the revenue from the two loft suites that were in that space.

At any rate- doesn't seem like they're concerned by over crowding in the DL.

On Grandeur now. There was a letter in the cabin specifically stating why, as of May 1, there are no more Welcome Back events. There will be a top tier event. Basically the reason was because of the growing numbers and being able to have a venue that can hold everyone and still feel "special".

D plus still has access to the CL but the letter from the person in charge titled himself the "Suite Concierge" - first time I have seen that on this ship. I saw a sign in both lounges giving hours for the drinks, etc. but said (in Bold) for your pre-dinner drinks. Could Royal be trying to discourage people from going to the lounges before and after dinner? Just guessing about this since on a few ships I know folks in lounges now have to swipe their cards for their drinks.

I will keep my eyes and ears open! Katherine

We are on the Allure. No welcome back party. No suites party. If there was we didn't get an invitation.

They did do a lovely Pinnacle luncheon in Giovanni's.

The Suites Lounge and the Coastal Kitchen were wonderful. :)

On Grandeur now. There was a letter in the cabin specifically stating why, as of May 1, there are no more Welcome Back events. There will be a top tier event. Basically the reason was because of the growing numbers and being able to have a venue that can hold everyone and still feel "special".

D plus still has access to the CL but the letter from the person in charge titled himself the "Suite Concierge" - first time I have seen that on this ship. I saw a sign in both lounges giving hours for the drinks, etc. but said (in Bold) for your pre-dinner drinks. Could Royal be trying to discourage people from going to the lounges before and after dinner? Just guessing about this since on a few ships I know folks in lounges now have to swipe their cards for their drinks.

I will keep my eyes and ears open! Katherine

That is interesting. We were on the Grandeur from April 27 to May 7. Everything was the same as always. I guess they did not want to change anything in the middle of the cruise.

We are on the Allure. No welcome back party. No suites party. If there was we didn't get an invitation.

They did do a lovely Pinnacle luncheon in Giovanni's.

The Suites Lounge and the Coastal Kitchen were wonderful. :)

Top teir past guest party was on Tuesday at I think 10:15. (Back of the amenities letter was the invite)

Suite sail away party was held on the heliport leaving Nassau. (Invite was in the room when boarding.)

Also think both were on the TV.

Edited by chandom

Dang, the Allure welcome back party had been in that time slot. I hoped when they did away with it they would move Meet n Mingle to that slot from 9:30am (!). But glad they are doing the helipad thing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Question: Do they still offer a special section for diamond and above for breakfast in radiance class ?

On Brilliance there was a breakfast in Giovanni's for full suites and Pinnacle members, but I did not see a Diamond section for breakfast in the MDR.

Odd, we had breakfast in Chops last fall

Our Brilliance cruise was sandwiched between Vision cruises, so it's entirely possible that Vision had the breakfast in Giovanni's.

Question: Do they still offer a special section for diamond and above for breakfast in radiance class ?
There was a separate section in the MDR on Serenade in Feb with 2 lines at the entrance. To be honest, as most times there was a longer wait for a table in the D section we joined the non D line which was seated faster (much to the annoyance of some D and up members :)). No difference in service, just a different area so to be honest I can't see the benefit, perhaps I'm missing something. Got more tables with a sea view in the non D area.

Although we do request a table for 2 at breakfast as we don't like to share as it takes too long for service on a large table IMHO by the time 8 people have decided and given their orders for breakfast, with specific requests for beverages, white toast, wheat toast, cereal, fruits, etc.:D

On Brilliance last month it was for D+ and above. On 22/04 it was held in Chops but on the TA due to high numbers Chops was used for P and suites and Giovannis used for D+