Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

I agree. I have a friend who made Pinnacle last year. She had cruised much more than her husband. She was told that her husband would also be Pinnacle, but if she got a divorce or passed away, his status would revert back to the points he had earned. I was surprised and asked if she had double checked that. She said that she had.

Then I guess that RCI would not be one of the places that I'd be sending a copy of the death certificate to.

my wife and i have 430 points and of course we have been diamond plus for a long time and enjoy the cl on every ship.

so when do we find out about all the rumors? if it is may 1 i hope rccl let's us all know and then we can stop the rumors.

With the published confirmation that Sea Class (JS) have access to CK for dinner, I decided to try and count the number of JS on the Oasis. Best as I can tell it's 86 cabins. That is around 172 diners @ 2 per cabin. In addition the remaining suites total 74 in Sky Class and 11 in Star Class.

Overall I can see 388 people sharing CK not counting PC. :eek: On the upcoming Harmony TA that is rumored to be over 100. It is easy to add an overflow lounge when needed, don't see that happening for a dining venue. ;)

As someone with 9 JS cabins booked on Oasis for 2017, I am concerned that this could be a problem. Luckily we are flexible in our dining choices, but I'm pretty sure we want to eat there at least 5 nights.

Does anyone recall the capacity of CK? Somewhere around 80 comes to mind. I hope it's bigger.

Edited by John&LaLa

With the published confirmation that Sea Class (JS) have access to CK for dinner, I decided to try and count the number of JS on the Oasis. Best as I can tell it's 86 cabins. That is around 172 diners @ 2 per cabin. In addition the remaining suites total 74 in Sky Class and 11 in Star Class.

Overall I can see 388 people sharing CK not counting PC. :eek: On the upcoming Harmony TA that is rumored to be over 100. It is easy to add an overflow lounge when needed, don't see that happening for a dining venue. ;)

As someone with 9 JS cabins booked on Oasis for 2017, I am concerned that this could be a problem. Luckily we are flexible in our dining choices, but I'm pretty sure we want to eat there at least 5 nights.

Does anyone recall the capacity of CK? Somewhere around 80 comes to mind. I hope it's bigger.

In regards to the count I think you are not far off the mark. If they were tables of 4 there would be 20 tables. If they had 2 services a night they could hit about 80 guests, maybe more or less. With the numbers of people allowed to access the SL on the TA it may be tight.:eek:

In regards to the count I think you are not far off the mark. If they were tables of 4 there would be 20 tables. If they had 2 services a night they could hit about 80 guests, maybe more or less. With the numbers of people allowed to access the SL on the TA it may be tight.:eek:

This speculation is all based on the completely unfounded assumption that all of these people will want to dine in CK each night.

:rolleyes:

Someone (many Karen?) many pages back posted an actual seat count from OA. I can't remember the number though. For some reason I am thinking 96 or 120....but I may be way off!

Edit: Ooooppppppssss! It was a different thread. Posted on another thread you and I reside!

Edited by skiiergirl
Goof up!

This speculation is all based on the completely unfounded assumption that all of these people will want to dine in CK each night.

Why wouldn't they. Oasis MDR is awful. I can't be the only Sea Class passenger that is looking forward to this benefit.

I was just going by the table numbers.:)

I never knew speculation exsisted on the CC boards. :D:p

my wife and i have 430 points and of course we have been diamond plus for a long time and enjoy the cl on every ship.

so when do we find out about all the rumors? if it is may 1 i hope rccl let's us all know and then we can stop the rumors.

Are you actually saying that you hope the rumors will stop on Cruise Critic? You don't happen to know the next 6 Power Ball numbers by any chance?

Why wouldn't they. Oasis MDR is awful. I can't be the only Sea Class passenger that is looking forward to this benefit.

I am too. They may have to make CK bad so it doesn't get too popular. Maybe they will have a JS section that gets junkier food than the bigwigs.

Is there any validity to the May 1 date. Do we know for sure that an actual announcement will be made that day?

Thanks, M

Edit - Just went back to the original post and see it states "on or about May 1" Honestly that can be anytime this or next year!

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Is there any validity to the May 1 date. Do we know for sure that an actual announcement will be made that day?

Thanks, M

Edit - Just went back to the original post and see it states "on or about May 1" Honestly that can be anytime this or next year!

M

April 30 would be first Allure sailing, May 1 for Oasis.

April 30 would be first Allure sailing, May 1 for Oasis.

I hope you have this wrong! We are supposed to board the Allure on May 1st and our flight would come in too late to make it in time to board her on the 30th! Haha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We weren't going to make reservations for CK but maybe we might want to rethink that. We are in a GS. We were just going to show up or maybe make reservations for the same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app