How do you like your Kummelweck

How do you like your Kummelweck  

130 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like your Kummelweck

• Rare
    • Well Done
    • I don't care, pork is fine with me
    • Nasty, fatty, gristle, I don't think so.

A Sensational Sandwich: Royal Caribbean's Kummelweck

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/304/a-sensational-sandwich-royal-caribbeans-kummelweck-tantalizes-guests/

This is a poll to determine the proper amount of doneness of the infamous Kummelweck sandwich. I prefer rare. I wish I could have expanded the survey to also include the sauce preference, but that can be for another day, or just add to the comments.

Why didn't you add options for "medium" and "au jus, not thick gravy"?

I was mainly interested in the meat, sauce is a different topic.

Medium is not something they do, I felt I would just be teasing people

Basically, I really wanted some unscientific data to share with the next poor cook who shows me a well done hunk of beef. The reality is the next Park Cafe I see will most likely be on Oasis, and they know how to cook it usually.

I still haven't told Laura that Jewel may not have a Park Cafe. :eek: Luckily she'll be 6 time zones away when she finds out. ;)

John is cruise deprived

I like how you think. I also scrape some of the excess salt and seeds

To a beef on weck purist, the salt and caraway seeds are all the seasoning the beef needs, so many places in Western NY cook the beef with little or no seasoning, unlike RCI. I also note that in RCI's own video, they are serving at most medium rare to rare beef! :)

I'm a horrible person. I like well done steaks. With ketchup. It's gotten to where I won't even order steaks when I go out because I always get "the speech" from the staff:D

So give me an end slice of roast beef; something with a little char to it, and horseradish spread.

I'm a horrible person. I like well done steaks. With ketchup. It's gotten to where I won't even order steaks when I go out because I always get "the speech" from the staff:D

So give me an end slice of roast beef; something with a little char to it, and horseradish spread.

Then I guess I'm a horrible person too..."Well done" for me regardless of what kind of meat it is ;)

John is cruise deprived

I like how you think. I also scrape some of the excess salt and seeds

I remove the excess too. Then I have them add au jus to make it perfect.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I couldn't respond to the poll, as we haven't experienced RCCL or the infamous sandwich yet, but I will report back after our June cruise on the Oasis.

I am really looking forward to trying one!!!!:D:D

You can still respond, do you like rare or well done

I opted for the last one. Tried it once on the Radiance last summer and was totally underwhelmed. There are so many other options I actually enjoy on board, I'm not going to waste the calories giving it a chance on the Brilliance!

Sorry sandwich loyalists - I just didn't get it.

Give it a shot on Oasis. You may change your mind

I guess I am a really horrible person. I don't like rare, fatty meat. make this a chicken sandwich and I am fine