How do you like your Kummelweck

How do you like your Kummelweck  

130 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like your Kummelweck

• Rare
    • Well Done
    • I don't care, pork is fine with me
    • Nasty, fatty, gristle, I don't think so.

Barbecued meat I want outside cut and chopped. But in roast beef sandwich, my beef has to be tender and juicy. Whether au jus or with horseradish. I hate any dat on either one. I will try beef on a weck at Park Cafe one more time and hope for no fat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I opted for the last one. Tried it once on the Radiance last summer and was totally underwhelmed. There are so many other options I actually enjoy on board, I'm not going to waste the calories giving it a chance on the Brilliance!

Sorry sandwich loyalists - I just didn't get it.

Same here. Had it twice on Anthem. The first time it was mostly dry (horseradish only on one side), too much bread, too little meat. The second time, I asked them to double the meager amount of meat and put the horseradish on both pieces of bread. The made it okay, but nothing more than that. I could not understand all the fuss over this sandwich.

As a Brit have no idea what this is!!!

Sounds like a rare roast beef sandwich with a fancy Teutonic name, wonder if would go well with proper English mustard (Colmans).

I guess they serve them in the Park Cafe in the afternoon or lunch time,

On the Serenade we were able to get scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream or das Cornisher stoppen floppen buppy tea.

As a Brit have no idea what this is!!!

kummelweck is the name of the roll, which is a roll topped with kosher salt and caraway seeds. "Beef on weck" is a regional favorite in parts of New York state, but it's basically just a roast beef sandwich on a particular kind of roll.

I opted for the last one. Tried it once on the Radiance last summer and was totally underwhelmed. There are so many other options I actually enjoy on board, I'm not going to waste the calories giving it a chance on the Brilliance!

Sorry sandwich loyalists - I just didn't get it.

I have to agree with you. My husband has ordered it on several different ships and I have tried a bite. I've never been inspired to order my own, although I do like the horseradish!:D He has enjoyed it most of the time, although quality does vary from ship to ship.

Sherri

kummelweck is the name of the roll, which is a roll topped with kosher salt and caraway seeds. "Beef on weck" is a regional favorite in parts of New York state, but it's basically just a roast beef sandwich on a particular kind of roll.

My wife is from Buffalo and after the chicken wing that is favorite food of the area, we most likely will get one in June

A Sensational Sandwich: Royal Caribbean's Kummelweck

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/304/a-sensational-sandwich-royal-caribbeans-kummelweck-tantalizes-guests/

This is a poll to determine the proper amount of doneness of the infamous Kummelweck sandwich. I prefer rare. I wish I could have expanded the survey to also include the sauce preference, but that can be for another day, or just add to the comments.

Rare on the roll with a little of the au jus on it +/- a little mayo