Celebrity suite or corner aft?

sheilb4

Ok so not a bad quandary to have but asking for advise, bear in mind I love to be in the sun and have space...lol

What would you choose, as price diff is not really a major factor since its approx $800 diff

Having been in a corner aft before I loved it, but also like the look of space in CS? its just myself and a need for being spoilt. lol Thanks all.

It would be on the Solstice class (Equinox)

Ok so not a bad quandary to have but asking for advise, bear in mind I love to be in the sun and have space...lol

What would you choose, as price diff is not really a major factor since its approx $800 diff

Having been in a corner aft before I loved it, but also like the look of space in CS? its just myself and a need for being spoilt. lol Thanks all.

It would be on the Solstice class (Equinox)

To us the main benefit of a suite is dining in Luminae. Yes, the cabin is larger, bathroom larger and nicer, balcony larger, but a corner aft is special. Still, it is only a balcony.

It might depend on the cruise. We have been on cruises were the weather was too cold or too hot to use the balcony. What cruise are you on and time of year. Still, if only that amount of $$$ I would tend to go with a suite.

I have stayed in both on the Reflection and I think I would choose the CS, if cost were not a factor. Though we loved the corner aft balcony view and more sun (we had a large slanted balcony in the CS so size was similar) and wide open space of the room for parties, we liked the privacy of the separate bedroom in the CS.

In The CS the butler could drop off morning beverages, room service, afternoon goodies, laundry, etc. without disturbing someone sleeping or changing in the bedroom. If two of you are going, having separate space is wonderful. There are 2 entrances to the bathroom in the Solstice class CS so it is even better for privacy (someone can sleep in and the other use the living room/balcony without disturbing them).

Also, though Sky Suites now have access to Michael's, there may be some differences in service between the SS and CS (as there are between the upper suites and CS). One Michael's Club concierge told us that SS guests were welcome in Luminae when boarding, not Michael's, on that particular ship. I have also heard on CC that SS guests may be less apt to have the onshore concierge email them before the cruise to get a wish list (not sure if that is true or not, but heard it from a couple of different people). These are likely not consistent across all ships or MC concierges (and not necessarily deal breakers), but it would be enough to make me lean toward the CS, if cost were not an issue.

Anyway, a good dilemma to have - you can't lose either way!

I love the corner aft which is a Sky suite S1, but thinking more space in Celebrity Suite, and balcony bigger maybe? just looks like it is covered? Have you been in one? Hoping to hear bout that as love an open balcony..... :)

Either way you are going to win. I love the S1 because the space is wide open. I don't like to be secluded in a smaller bedroom, but of course that is my opinion. Again, as an earlier writer said, it really depends on when you are cruising. The S1 is aft, so you not only have the wake, you can also peer forward. The wind is usually less too. If the window washing equipment is in the way of an S1, that may or may not bother you, along with the longer walk to the elevators. List your pros and cons of each one and hopefully there will be a clear winner...:cool:

If you do go for the CS try and get the one on the hump the balcony is massive:)

this is a quick video of the hump CS on Reflection....

I think they are 1615,1618,1233 and 1110. The 16s have a passenger deck above so may be quieter

Thanks so much for your different perspectives appreciate it. Am travelling solo, so of course spoiling myself here.

Still trying to decide. Loved the open/view aft, but balcony on Celeb suite looks larger?

No window washing equip on aft deck 7 to obstruct porthole, and had amazing butler service last time on Skysuite aft. Michaels access not an issue as am Elite status but really didn't go in there much anyway.

Decisions, decisions....lol

Thanks again everyone for your great input..

As much as I love the idea of a Celebrity suite, being in the middle near elevators etc, after seeing the YT video Groryjm sent (thank you!)

It shows a nice size balcony similar to aft wrap, but appears fully covered, which I do not like at all...Need my sun!! Pity the seperate bedroom doesn't have a window either...So! Decision made.. Aft wrap it is! :D

We've been in 6 corner aft S1 suites and love them. Got a great price on a CS last fall and had that. We'll go back to S1 and have one booked. Reason? Perks are the same and we like the more open room. And that aft view.

The one good thing about the CS is the 2 separate rooms if one wants to sleep and of course the L-shaped couch. But for one person in the cabin, I'd just take the S1.

If the concierge doesn't call you ahead of time, no worries. You can give them any special requests as soon as you get on board. That would not make my decision.

I agree with your decision to go with the S1. I also travel solo and have been in S2,S1 and celebrity. I would pick the S1 as I didn't like the small bedroom at all and felt it made the living space feel much smaller. This next cruise I am going to share the Royal with my Sister and BIL. OK on s class with the extra half bathroom so hoping it will go well.

We were very fortunate to be upgraded to a corner suite on Solstice for a 12 day Med cruise. What a treat. The suite was huge, private entrance and huge balcony. We were on deck 12, cabin 2146 and thought it may be noisy from the Oceanview bar activity above but, for us, it was not.

It is a bit of a walk to the stairs or elevators but it really was no problem. The butler service was impressive...as if they knew it was along walk and did every little extra to make things comfortable.

We have been in all he "classes" on Celebrity and the suite life aft cabin was far and away the best.

We were very fortunate to be upgraded to a corner suite on Solstice for a 12 day Med cruise. What a treat. The suite was huge, private entrance and huge balcony. We were on deck 12, cabin 2146 and thought it may be noisy from the Oceanview bar activity above but, for us, it was not.

It is a bit of a walk to the stairs or elevators but it really was no problem. The butler service was impressive...as if they knew it was along walk and did every little extra to make things comfortable.

We have been in all he "classes" on Celebrity and the suite life aft cabin was far and away the best.

We love that cabin, but the OP would not since they are interested in the sun.

They need to book on another deck without the overhang. Watch out for the window washing machine or and the smaller balcony on deck 6.

If you do go for the CS try and get the one on the hump the balcony is massive:)

this is a quick video of the hump CS on Reflection....

I think they are 1615,1618,1233 and 1110. The 16s have a passenger deck above so may be quieter

agreed...the CS on the hump is AMAZING! We have had a it couple times and again on the Eclipse 14 night March 2017...cant believe we have to wait that long until we are in that fabulous cabin!

Hi Pete,

We will be in this stateroom 3 weeks from today (7 nights Alaska rt Seattle) and are really looking forward to it. I did hear about early morning noise issues from the Oceanview directly above and had some concerns...but figured we are in Alaska (our 11th Alaskan cruise) and its cold in the AM so might not be too many people outside Oceanview eating an early breakfast!! LOL.

Do you happen to have any pics of the room?

Bob

It is a great cabin. We had no problem with the noise. There were some scraping of chairs but it was not disturbing.

As far as the sun is concerned, we got lots of sun and it was so hot sometimes we went inside. It really depended what direction you are traveling....same goes for the cabins on the side of the ship...on way you are in constant shade and the other full sun.

I do have some photos but I need to dig them up, stand by. Love the big round porthole window too.

We loved that cabin and wished we could afford it more often. There is a pole right on the edge of the bed...:D

Enjoy.

Hi Pete,

We will be in this stateroom 3 weeks from today (7 nights Alaska rt Seattle) and are really looking forward to it. I did hear about early morning noise issues from the Oceanview directly above and had some concerns...but figured we are in Alaska (our 11th Alaskan cruise) and its cold in the AM so might not be too many people outside Oceanview eating an early breakfast!! LOL.

Do you happen to have any pics of the room?

Bob

We had the S1 8340 on Silhouette a couple of weeks ago and loved it! The balcony was great. I wish it had a bit more shade but that did not stop us from using it. The perks were awesome and we had plenty of room for the two of us.

Edited by sailor moon

Thanks Pete!!...did you have any issues getting out of bed with the pole?

Bob

Not getting out :)

Fun watching what went on with the pole though :)

Pete,

Do you recall if there is a power outlet by the bed? I ask because my wife needs to plug-in her POC at night.

Bob

I cannot recall but the right side of the bed is pretty close (3 ft) to where the mini bar is and there was a plug (110v) there.

Thanks Pete!!...did you have any issues getting out of bed with the pole?

Bob

We got used to the poles right away - only bumped into one once. Some of our favorite pictures are of some of our friends pole dancing - the poles are a bonus really. ;)

We got used to the poles right away - only bumped into one once. Some of our favorite pictures are of some of our friends pole dancing - the poles are a bonus really. ;)

Thanks vtcruising!!

Can you share some of those pics?

Bob

Not getting out :)

Fun watching what went on with the pole though :)

UH OH .... naughty naugthy

I cannot recall but the right side of the bed is pretty close (3 ft) to where the mini bar is and there was a plug (110v) there.

Thanks!!!

Bob