Personal entertainment system needed on all ships.

serialcruiser48

You've experienced the personal entertainment systems on aircraft where you can use your iPad or phone to watch TV. Why not on ships?

This way I can watch Fox News wherever I happened to be at the moment, in the cabin, waiting for a show to start in the ships theater, etc...

Save the cruise lines money, no more TVs needed in the cabin.

I would personally hate it if people also would become screen addicts in public areas instead of socializing or just listening to good music, not to mention the radiation ofmall these devices.

By the way, Fox "News" is not news at all but a Political Advertising Channel, but I'm sure you already knew that;)

I would personally hate it if people also would become screen addicts in public areas instead of socializing or just listening to good music, not to mention the radiation ofmall these devices.

By the way, Fox "News" is not news at all but a Political Advertising Channel, but I'm sure you already knew that;)

Not to start an issue but I take offense to the FOX comment, you fail to mention that they are the #1 rated cable NEWS network for many many years, you don't have to watch them!

Besides this is a Cruise site!

Take a chill pill.

All news sources are bias, Fox to the right, CNN and MSNBC to the left. ;)

To the OP, I don't think the ships have the band width, at least yet. All those devices would lock up.

Edited by KirkNC

Don't know where to really begin with this suggestion. So let's be blunt and be done with it. If you are so addicted to some little appliance that a cruise (read a GET AWAY) with out the ability to be welded to the rest of the world 24/7 up sets you, I strongly suggest booking a couch tour in your living room. That way you can be hooked into whatever entertainment you require and you will not be annoying those of us who take cruises to be away from that level of insanity.

No personal offense given so none should be taken.

I cannot imagine being plugged in to or needing to watch some sort of screen while on a cruise ship. That would make the cruise ship just like my living room. The longest cruise we have been on was 16 days. Never turned the tv on our cabin on or looked at a screen of any sort except to check on in email on the dogs once on a port...less than 5 minutes. I would have missed sooooo much if I had traded the atmosphere of the ship for an artificial stimulus

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The entertainment systems on planes are to help us kill time between point A and point B. If you want that on a cruise ship, might I humbly suggest staying home? You can get all the channels and websites you want. Also, you know exactly where your socks and underwear are - even without packing.

You've experienced the personal entertainment systems on aircraft where you can use your iPad or phone to watch TV. Why not on ships?

This way I can watch Fox News wherever I happened to be at the moment, in the cabin, waiting for a show to start in the ships theater, etc...

Thoughts....

• how do you plan to get the latest Fox News content? Wifi? It can get super busy and slow in the evenings. May work for night owls who are up past midnight when the network is slower.
  • I brought a 2.1 soundbar on a cruise. Plugged in a Blu-Ray and it was just enough for the cabin to shake.
  • For my next trip.... Kodi w/ Exodus downloads!

We rarely watch anything on the TV while we cruise.

I only use the Internet when there is an emergency.

Don't even own one of those fancy phones.

We cruise to get away -- socialize -- visit ports and learn about their customs, etc.

I don't want to sit in a lounge or show room with a bunch of people using their devices to watch news, movies, etc.

We cruise to get away -- socialize -- visit ports and learn about their customs, etc.

I don't want to sit in a lounge or show room with a bunch of people using their devices to watch news, movies, etc.

Other than the "fancy phone", which we both have, fully agree. I'd much rather have cruise lines spend resources to improve food, service, and live entertainment.

Fox News, MSNBC, etc. are available on the treadmill screens in the fitness center.

Edited by kevingastreich

Do any other cruise lines have this? If yes, why not sail with them? Please! :)

I have to agree and also wondered why you posted here and not on "Ask A Cruise Question". You say your favorite line is RCI, but I know I had a TV on my Allure OTS cruise so I have to assume if your favorite does not have this likely no cruise line does.

You list 93 days with HAL so you should have known what to expect. Why did you then book this cruise?

Roy

Other than the "fancy phone", which we both have, fully agree. I'd much rather have cruise lines spend resources to improve food, service, and live entertainment.

Don't have the smart phone either, and the only thing I turn the TV on for is the music channel!

Not to start an issue but I take offense to the FOX comment, you fail to mention that they are the #1 rated cable NEWS network for many many years, you don't have to watch them!

Besides this is a Cruise site!

Take a chill pill.

But you were the one who brought it up!

The entertainment systems on planes are to help us kill time between point A and point B. If you want that on a cruise ship, might I humbly suggest staying home? ...

I cannot imagine being plugged in to or needing to watch some sort of screen while on a cruise ship. That would make the cruise ship just like my living room...

Well said - if I wanted all the "comforts of home", I'd stay home.

There already is a "personal entertainment system" on all ships. It's called "the sea."

Try enjoying real life and live entertainment for a change.

I can't believe that someone needs to watch their favorite TV show while waiting for the show to start......

igraf

we liked the old ones where we could bring some of our dvds or Netflix ones we haven't watched and do so before dinner while having drinks like we do at home before dinner with our dvr so we can go thru tv shows and skip the commercials.

I like CNN but they have the same promos for their shows at every commercial break. We just turn the sound off. Sometimes we watch Fox on a cruise just for the entertainment factor.

You are so addicted to watching stuff on TV that you can not even give it up when you are on a cruise. What do you do when you are having dinner w your significant other - each of you props up your phone or tablet so you do not have to talk to each other. I sort of feel sorry for you and your spouse.

DON

we liked the old ones where we could bring some of our dvds or Netflix ones we haven't watched and do so before dinner while having drinks like we do at home before dinner.

If this is so important to you, and you already know the place where you can do it - why not do it there? That's what a "staycation" is all about.

I don't own an I Pad & only turn on the cabin TV when we are getting dressed for dinner... Can't believe that one could be so attached to an IPad or phone.. I only use my cell phone to call home when I need some info from my Husband or to let him know I might be late..

When our kids come to see us, I request that they not use their IPads or phones when we are eating dinner or they are visiting with us.. If they can't sit & talk to us without their darn IPads, then they can stay home..

Completely agree!

Edited by serendipity1499