Concierge Class boarding day lunch

Michyfis

This is not a big deal. But, I have to wonder about the logic of offering this perk to a class that is one step lower than AQ while AQ goes to the buffet?

I don't see Concierge as "lower", it just has different perks. Several Concierge perks had changed (canapés were of higher quality/type) or disappeared (fresh flowers). I think the lunch is a nod to making up for those things and adding a nice little touch that has turned out to be my favorite Concierge perk, other than awesome cabin locations.

For those who don't find the limited entrée choices to their liking, there's soup, salad and dessert, too, along with the meat/fish sides. I travel with a couple of fussy (adult male) eaters and they've found plenty to eat and enjoy at the two embarkation lunches we've had so far, and we're looking forward to it in March on the Eclipse!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am not sure Aqua class is missing out. The bar server refused to serve us, in spite of the fact that the server directed him to our table several times. He finally showed up as we finished lunch. So we left, and deprived him of our gratuities.

Edited by Creepella

If timing is right and we get the invite (we always go cc) then I'll be sure to let them know it's greatly appreciated, as are all of the considerations we receive as part of the fare. With all of the fuss over AQ and Elite +, we often feel as though we are in steerage on these boards. Crew has never treated us as anything but the most valued of clients, but there is usually a little unwarranted worry ahead of time. Thank you for letting us know!

Regarding timing, it was offered 11:30am-1pm on our sailings (and I think I saw these hours posted in my March Eclipse pre-cruise docs). Cabins ready announcement came as we were finishing the lovely lunch.

And, ChinchillaGrl, I feel the same way about your point of AQ and Elite + talk, and the often negative comments about Concierge. This new little perk has really helped me feel "vindicated" as I continue to choose Concierge Class.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I don't understand why Blu is not open for Aqua passengers on embarkation day, unless they wouldn't have enough room. There are so few Aq cabins, they should include at least include them in the lunch served in the MDR.

As a CC class passenger, I have to agree with you. There are a lot fewer AQ cabins and if Blu isn't open, you should be allowed to have lunch in the MDR. I really enjoyed this perk on our last cruise because we had a very early b-fast due to our long ride to Bayonne and were really ready for lunch by the time we were actually on board. Also found menu somewhat limited, but both meat eating spouse and plant-eating me were able to find food we enjoyed. :D

As an Aqua guest on my last and next cruise, not really interested in the MDR or buffet. Might be interested in Blu if it were open. Last cruise we just went to Bistro on 5 which almost completely empty. This time we will hit up Sushi on 5. I kind of prefer a more relaxed atmosphere then fighting through a packed buffet.

I thought Aqua was a step above Concierge and got all the perks that C got plus special spa ones, like Blu. :confused:

Aqua is considered a higher category than Concierge. Concierge has a special lunch on embarkation day the MDR is the assigned dining room for Concierge.

The main reason many book Aqua is because Aqua has it own dining room for breakfast & dinner as well as access to Persian Gardens.

Does anyone know if The Porch is open for lunch on embarkation day on the Sillohuette? Unfortunately not CC on our upcoming cruise, but looking for a way to avoid the buffet. We enjoyed Bistro on 5 but sushi not so much.

Aqua is considered a higher category than Concierge. Concierge has a special lunch on embarkation day the MDR is the assigned dining room for Concierge.

The main reason many book Aqua is because Aqua has it own dining room for breakfast & dinner as well as access to Persian Gardens.

Really, is that official or your opinion?

Really, is that official or your opinion?

It would appear to be Celebrity's opinion since the order of the categories is inside, oceanview, veranda, concierge, aqua class, suite. We will soon be sailing in CC, but when we were looking at recent price drops, they kept asking us if we wanted to "upgrade" and pay more for an AQ room.

It would appear to be Celebrity's opinion since the order of the categories is inside, oceanview, veranda, concierge, aqua class, suite. We will soon be sailing in CC, but when we were looking at recent price drops, they kept asking us if we wanted to "upgrade" and pay more for an AQ room.

OK, so it is an upgrade but then so is one type of balcony to another but hardly a class above is it. If I moved from CC to AQ I would consider it a sideways move for different perks. If I want to move up a class from CC then the only way to go is to a suite.

And no, Celebrity do not describe AQ as a class above CC.

Edited by Gerrym

Yes, I believe they do. Btw, we are AQ on our upcoming cruise later this month and plan to enjoy the Bistro on Five.

They will not be allowed. We traveled with friends who were CC, and we were not. I encouraged them to go and enjoy the CC lunch. They did and enjoyed it very much.

This is what we witnessed on our Alaska cruise on the Solstice last year. They rolled this out a month before we sailed and we saw the hostess explaining over and over to guests that the embarkation lunch in the MDR was for Concierge class passengers only.

It was a great perk for those in Concierge class. They had a limited 3 course menu. It was nice to not have to think about where to sit and eat on embarkation day.

OK, so it is an upgrade but then so is one type of balcony to another but hardly a class above is it. If I moved from CC to AQ I would consider it a sideways move for different perks. If I want to move up a class from CC then the only way to go is to a suite.

Class?? I don't believe there's a class system. I'm just saying, this is how Celebrity categorizes the cabins and according to them, AQ is a category above CC. As to why CC gets a special lunch...??? Who knows why X does anything it does. :)

Really? Is this even a discussion. Who could possibly care whether AQ is considered a class above or sideways of CC? The staff never makes an issue of it. As far as I can tell, the only visible difference is the color of the sea pass card.

Really? Is this even a discussion. Who could possibly care whether AQ is considered a class above or sideways of CC? The staff never makes an issue of it. As far as I can tell, the only visible difference is the color of the sea pass card.

My apologies Fish Lover, I didn't realise this was not something you did not wish to discuss. Please be assured I will only discuss topics you approve of in future.

Kind regards

Gerry

They board AQ ahead of CC..Generally, it's Suites & Zenith, then AQ and Elite or E plus....then Concierge...etc. Sometimes pricing is very close, so at that point it's just a preference.

Seems they added the luncheon as an incentive to sell Concierge staterooms as an alt to reg balc, and it seems to have worked well. On Century & M class, they instituted Concierge to sell the balcony cabins under the pool deck with overhangs. .gave more Cap Club credits, and more perks..that worked well too. We used to take Concierge in ships where the CC cabins were bigger than reg ones.,,not sure what those cabins are classified now,,

Just off 4/3 Eclipse sailing where they gave cc a little invitation card at check-in. Lunch in mdr wasn't expansive, but a very pleasant surprise. Now if they will just give cc back those little flowers in the stateroom and return steak to the "expanded" room service menu.

On my cruise this month, I had flowers. What I miss were those oh so soft towels.

GAlso miss the soft spa quality towels in AQ (really plush) and of course daily btl water!

On our cruise earlier this month in AQ we swore the towels were bath mats. Upon closer inspection we discovered they were body towels. Yes, this is how bad they were, LOL.

Aqua and Concierge, although different in price, are each awarded 5 point per night by Captains Club. We are sailing Aqua on our next cruise and we booked it for less than the price it is now showing for Concierge. It's a difference in price because of Blu generally, but that's the biggest and most used perk to Aqua. Different color sail pass card, access to Persian Garden, shower heads. To me, same class. BTW, Concierge and Aqua board at the same time along with Elite and Elite + in our experience. Only suites and Zenith go before (and only slightly before)

They board AQ ahead of CC..Generally, it's Suites & Zenith, then AQ and Elite or E plus....then Concierge...etc. Sometimes pricing is very close, so at that point it's just a preference.

Really? Not seen that before, AQ and CC always board together when I have sailed Celebrity.

Maybe that is a new process?

Class?? I don't believe there's a class system. I'm just saying, this is how Celebrity categorizes the cabins and according to them, AQ is a category above CC. As to why CC gets a special lunch...??? Who knows why X does anything it does. :)

Aqua class has different and more costly amenities than Concierge, along with a dedicated dining location, therefore the cost of the class is higher than Concierge; this doesn't make Aqua an 'upgrade' in class, just in price and amenities. CC pays quite a bit more than Verandah class, so this dining extra benefit is appreciated as all of the perks really don't justify the higher cost. Categories are 'classed' according to amenities received. Suites have a walloping fee and deserve the extras they receive. This whole thread sounds like the antiquated 'steerage' vs 'first class' discussions of the early 20th century. IMHO we all receive wonderful service from staff no matter where we're located.