No chairs? No problem...

steph7021

How fun! We were looking at those, but not for a cruise.

With the wind on deck, you may find yourself watching it fly away as you fill it!

Well that is probably very true! However, would be great for port days and I'm thinking also for my patio on the Vista

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well that is probably very true! However, would be great for port days and I'm thinking also for my patio on the Vista

Saw them on SharkTank - perfect for both things you have in mind!

I believe you can bring them on board but you must store inside your cabin and they can only be used in port.

RESTRICTED ITEMS LIST (ITEMS FOR PORT USE ONLY)

The following items may be brought on board but can only be used off the ship, for port use only. All items must be stored in the guest’s stateroom.

Drone Cameras

Snorkel gear

Skateboards

Golf clubs

Fishing rods

Tennis rackets

Kites

Roller blades or skates

Collapsible wagon

Metal detectors

Boogie Boards (maximum 42 inches in length)

Beach chair

Umbrella

I can see why taking chairs onboard would be banned. Can you imagine how hard it would be to walk through the lido deck of everyone started bring their own chairs? It would be a nightmare. I mean no offense OP, but just not a good idea.

I can see why taking chairs onboard would be banned. Can you imagine how hard it would be to walk through the lido deck of everyone started bring their own chairs? It would be a nightmare. I mean no offense OP, but just not a good idea.

Well I was sort of kidding about the open decks...but I'm seriously considering for my patio.

Well I was sort of kidding about the open decks...but I'm seriously considering for my patio.

Even though you are specifically told not to use them on the ship.

I think it would be fine for your balcony (or patio), but it takes up way too much space for an open deck.

Did you read the earlier list of what is forbidden on board - which specifically includes beach chairs.

DON

Boy, the Carnival rule police are strong on here today huh....

Just amazed that people agree to terms and conditions when they book but then want to ignore them.

But hey it's all about you I guess.

I don't see it being a problem but other than your patio where would you put it. It's not like there is a lot of space on deck. As far as the rule policy I can make a good argument that it is not a beach chair and is not banned.

Just amazed that people agree to terms and conditions when they book but then want to ignore them.

But hey it's all about you I guess.

Oh good grief it's a cool new item I found which I think would be great to take on a vacation. And, as pointed out...it's not a beach chair anyways [emoji849]

But, since the rule police are here.....the above list doesn't include pool toys of any kind. Like, for instance an inflatable mat...which this seems more like to me. Again, for use on my private patio/balcony.

The product name is a grammatical error. That alone would keep me from buying it! ;)

Ah the grammar police too ;)

But, isn't that like saying iPhone isn't a real word and therefore a grammatical error?? Brand names are often made up. I think they are German

You could probably get away with using it on your balcony. But, if you have a standard size balcony, you'd have to take the other furniture off (chairs and table). And, you'd have to have it anchored down in some way. If you got up to go inside, to go to the bathroom or get something from your cabin, seems like there would be a good chance that it would blow overboard (except when in port). As an alternative, why not bring in the furniture and put your mattress out there? I'd bet other people have done that.

You could probably get away with using it on your balcony. But, if you have a standard size balcony, you'd have to take the other furniture off (chairs and table). And, you'd have to have it anchored down in some way. If you got up to go inside, to go to the bathroom or get something from your cabin, seems like there would be a good chance that it would blow overboard (except when in port). As an alternative, why not bring in the furniture and put your mattress out there? I'd bet other people have done that.

Vista Havana Cabana room. By all accounts so far the patios are pretty large. And the glass wall outside the patio on the lanai is pretty high. I think it'll be mostly for the beaches but I bet we'll get some use on the patio on a sea day or something. But, you are right...sort of a pain if it's a high wind day!

Vista Havana Cabana room. By all accounts so far the patios are pretty large. And the glass wall outside the patio on the lanai is pretty high. I think it'll be mostly for the beaches but I bet we'll get some use on the patio on a sea day or something. But, you are right...sort of a pain if it's a high wind day!

Maybe it could be used for parasailing off the back of the ship.:D

Why are these called chairs? They certainly are not chairs, You don't stretch out in a chair, you sit in one. And they look like they must be blown up and deflated to be put away. Who will blow them up?

If you must take a chair why not take a foldable beach chair- the ones that keep you off the sand.

However with over 100 cruises we have always found a chair or chaise. Granted we may have had to move them to where we wanted them but always found one.

Why are these called chairs? They certainly are not chairs, You don't stretch out in a chair, you sit in one. And they look like they must be blown up and deflated to be put away. Who will blow them up?

If you must take a chair why not take a foldable beach chair- the ones that keep you off the sand.

However with over 100 cruises we have always found a chair or chaise. Granted we may have had to move them to where we wanted them but always found one.

You don't blow them up...that's the coolest part about them. Watch the video.

I see this got moved from Carnival. So, none of my references to Vista or patio will make sense! I'm referring to the new Carnival Vista.

Whatever mods. [emoji849]