No "Log of the Cruise"??

MustangGT

We only sail once a year so I'm not sure when this started. At the end of every cruise, on the last night we received a "Log of the Cruise" with all the pertinent information about our cruise. We did not receive one Friday when disembarking from the Royal. I popped in to ask the Future Cruise Consultant if somehow we missed getting one. He said Princess stopped providing them because so many passengers left them behind. I told him I was disappointed and he agreed that Princess should print up a few hundred for passengers who actually ask for them.

Have you received the log recently? If so, did you keep it? If not, did you miss it?

I will mention it in my survey.

Had a fabulous cruise! More to come in another thread soon. Laundry may take a while! :D

We were getting them all winter on the Pacific Princess and the Emerald Princess.

I used to keep the Pattera but was running out of space in the wicker trunk that houses that sort of cruise memorabilia, so lately I've just been keeping the logs. Honestly, I don't know why I keep even that. Maybe I'll tackle that trunk before our next trash day...

We only sail once a year so I'm not sure when this started. At the end of every cruise, on the last night we received a "Log of the Cruise" with all the pertinent information about our cruise. We did not receive one Friday when disembarking from the Royal. I popped in to ask the Future Cruise Consultant if somehow we missed getting one. He said Princess stopped providing them because so many passengers left them behind. I told him I was disappointed and he agreed that Princess should print up a few hundred for passengers who actually ask for them.

Have you received the log recently? If so, did you keep it? If not, did you miss it?

I will mention it in my survey.

Had a fabulous cruise! More to come in another thread soon. Laundry may take a while! :D

Off the Caribbean Princess April 10th and got one.

I popped in to ask the Future Cruise Consultant if somehow we missed getting one. He said Princess stopped providing them because so many passengers left them behind.

I leave all of the advertising for the art auctions, the spa, and the shopping behind. I wish Princess would stop printing all of that trash. :rolleyes: And what about the thousand of photos that people don't buy? IMHO, someone is just being lazy and couldn't be bothered to print out the log.

Disembarked Emerald on February 2.

I love getting them. I'm new enough to cruising that I've kept all the Patters as well as the Log. I go through them to relive each cruise. In my opinion, it would be a shame not to have either.

Edited by mammajamma2013
To finish my thoughts

Oh No. First Butter, now Logs. When will it stop. :eek:

I also bring the Cruise Logs home and use them as reference material when building my Shutterfly photo book of the cruise. Also, from time to time use the information contained when talking about the cruise.

Bob

Off the Island March 14 and did not get one. Very disappointing as I scrapbook all my cruises - so I keep the Patters and the Logs and the Port info. I don't save the junk - I.e. Art info, shopping, info, etc. Wonder if we'll get one on the Regal next month.......

I leave all of the advertising for the art auctions, the spa, and the shopping behind. I wish Princess would stop printing all of that trash. :rolleyes: And what about the thousand of photos that people don't buy? IMHO, someone is just being lazy and couldn't be bothered to print out the log.

Those advertisements go directly into the trash can and I politely decline photo opportunities unless I may want to purchase a photo. That's doing my part to reduce wasted photos but looking at the hundreds of unsold ones not everyone feels the same way.

A lack of announcements (I can read the Patter or the same thing on the Princess@Sea app) is one of the things we like about Princess & they should eliminate the art auction announcements.

We got off the Crown yesterday (4/24) & as always received a Log of the Cruise which we keep and would agree that someone was just being lazy or maybe it's another change being tested on a few ships. I've recently read about bread & butter being restricted & many Curtis Stone items on the dining room menus...no b&b limits and only two CS entrées during our 7 day cruise.

When we disembarked the Royal mid March we received one. But, perhaps Princess is correct, many are left behind.

Thought, have a log available for printing when you complete your cruise survey.

Exactly what I plan to say in my survey - make the log available to download so I can print it at home.

With the responses so far, it must be another inconsistency we have come to expect from Princess :D Say it ain't so!!

Those advertisements go directly into the trash can and I politely decline photo opportunities unless I may want to purchase a photo. That's doing my part to reduce wasted photos but looking at the hundreds of unsold ones not everyone feels the same way.

A lack of announcements (I can read the Patter or the same thing on the Princess@Sea app) is one of the things we like about Princess & they should eliminate the art auction announcements.

We got off the Crown yesterday (4/24) & as always received a Log of the Cruise which we keep and would agree that someone was just being lazy or maybe it's another change being tested on a few ships. I've recently read about bread & butter being restricted & many Curtis Stone items on the dining room menus...no b&b limits and only two CS entrées during our 7 day cruise.

Yes, we had the butter restrictions on the Ruby last week. There was always plenty of bread on the table. Even in the Crown Grill the butter was being served a pat at a time. You could have more if you asked though.

Yes, we had the butter restrictions on the Ruby last week. There was always plenty of bread on the table. Even in the Crown Grill the butter was being served a pat at a time. You could have more if you asked though.

Nothing like a frozen pat of butter to put on top of my mashed potatoes. :D

Oh and yes I do take the log home, scan it & have never read one over the years. :rolleyes:

Edited by MissP22

I wouldn't be too upset if the logs were discontinued. There's far too much paper wastage in any case ( the Princess app will save some if people use it).

In the past, I have added a few logs into our cruise scrapbooks, but I doubt I'd ever read them again. I keep a diary on all our cruises, so wouldn't need the logs for reference.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

I wouldn't be too upset if the logs were discontinued. There's far too much paper wastage in any case ( the Princess app will save some if people use it).

In the past, I have added a few logs into our cruise scrapbooks, but I doubt I'd ever read them again. I keep a diary on all our cruises, so wouldn't need the logs for reference.

I would be happy if Princess would simply email the log of the cruise to everyone once they complete their online survey. That would certainly be a benefit to them, and we could print it out if we want it.