VOOM Roll Call

Do we have a updated list of ships that have recently been added to the O3B list? I confirmed that the Liberty had it installed last week. I'm wondering about the Vision.

D

Nothing other than Liberty has been mentioned for a long time.

How did you confirm it?

Friends on the ship had a late departure because of the updated equipment being installed. We sent a email to the concierge and received this confirmation email:

"Greetings from theLiberty of the Seas.

As you mentioned, we have done a big improvementwith our internet satellites few days ago. We just have done the same upgradethat we did it in the past with the Oasis class, Quantum Class and theEnchantment of the seas. We have installed (3) new antennas that are maximizingthe bandwidth and we are proud to offer now the fastest internet at sea - Voom,using the O3B satellites network. "

Friends on the ship had a late departure because of the updated equipment being installed. We sent a email to the concierge and received this confirmation email:

As you mentioned, we have done a big improvementwith our internet satellites few days ago. We just have done the same upgradethat we did it in the past with the Oasis class, Quantum Class and theEnchantment of the seas. We have installed (3) new antennas that are maximizingthe bandwidth and we are proud to offer now the fastest internet at sea - Voom,using the O3B satellites network. "

Interesting, I've not heard of Enchantment getting O3b either.

Right, that's what I thought - marketing spin from someone that doesn't have the details.

Obviously not. Especially since there are still folks working onboard Liberty with a projected completion date of July 1.

Yes, I have read the completion date is July 1st, and I am aware that VOOM is not necessarily O3B and no the concierge is not a IT expert.

Excited that Royal Caribbean is listening to those of us who want/need high speed internet when they cruise.

Yes, I have read the completion date is July 1st, and I am aware that VOOM is not necessarily O3B and no the concierge is not a IT expert.

Excited that Royal Caribbean is listening to those of us who want/need high speed internet when they cruise.

Absolutely, I just wish they wouldn't classify it all as VOOM/O3B

Very misleading

Absolutely, I just wish they wouldn't classify it all as VOOM/O3B

Very misleading

But you have to admit it's much easier to install VOOM on all the ships when you just redefine it to be whatever is already installed.:rolleyes:

Do we have a updated list of ships that have recently been added to the O3B list? I confirmed that the Liberty had it installed last week. I'm wondering about the Vision.

D

I was on the Liberty when they installed two 03b antennas on Jun 11th. I spoke to the it manager (Rhohan) and he said he will have something for me to test on the 25th. I'm back again on Jul 9th and it should be live by then.

But you have to admit it's much easier to install VOOM on all the ships when you just redefine it to be whatever is already installed.:rolleyes:

LOL! Nailed it! :D

I sure have my fingers crossed. We sail again on Liberty in August.

• 3 weeks later...
Something is wrong with that measurement, because a 255ms ping is not possible. I also think the download speed is hard to believe.

I dontknowhow to I terprete the results, but I streaming videosand music is no problem. I just ran the test again:

http:// http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest-results/?res=59627e3e78a401.61825565-60736922&source=copy