Freedom

Ovation

Harmony

Symphony

Enchantment?

Majesty

Independence

Liberty

I was on Radiance last month and paid for what was advertised to be VOOM. It was not any faster than what I have experienced on all cruises pre Voom. I was very disappointed.

I was on Radiance last month and paid for what was advertised to be VOOM. It was not any faster than what I have experienced on all cruises pre Voom. I was very disappointed.

That's because you got sucked into the marketing hype of VOOM, where you assumed incorrectly that VOOM means O3B internet.

As per Rohan, a 3 stripe IT manager currently on the Liberty; who turns up O3b told me the Enchantment, Empress, Majesty and Mariner has O3b. He also said Adventure is up next for O3b, maybe in September.

Unless it happened very recently Empress does not have O3B. I've not heard about Mariner but we have very few reports from her about anything never mind VOOM. Good to hear that they are proceeding with upgrades on other ships. I wonder why the pause between Freedom over a year ago and Liberty/now?

Unless it happened very recently Empress does not have O3B. I've not heard about Mariner but we have very few reports from her about anything never mind VOOM. Good to hear that they are proceeding with upgrades on other ships. I wonder why the pause between Freedom over a year ago and Liberty/now?

I was told the equipment typically used for O3b would not work on the Liberty in Galveston last year when they tested O3b implementation. Upgrades were needed for O3b in Galveston which it now has. This is only day 1 of my 1st O3b cruise on the Liberty and will be tested throughout the cruise.

I was told the equipment typically used for O3b would not work on the Liberty in Galveston last year when they tested O3b implementation.

Fine for Liberty, but no ship has been upgraded since Freedom until now - like there was a one+ year pause.

Fine for Liberty, but no ship has been upgraded since Freedom until now - like there was a one+ year pause.

They don't need to upgrade to O3B. All the ships have VOOM. [emoji6]

Good to know about Mariner. We'll be on her 41 days in prime O3B territory. With free internet no less. [emoji2]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Current list............I think

Anthem

Quantum

Oasis

Allure

Freedom

Ovation

Harmony

Symphony

Enchantment?

Majesty

Independence

Liberty

Has anyone confirmed Independence? I went on in December and it in no way was comparable to Harmony s. I struggled to even check email at times. Sorry I still don't have the speed test details. I was pretty new to cruise critic back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone confirmed Independence? I went on in December and it in no way was comparable to Harmony s. I struggled to even check email at times. Sorry I still don't have the speed test details. I was pretty new to cruise critic back then.

I don't recall any confirmed reports of O3b on Indy or Enchantment.

We had one report that showed O3B like speeds, but as with some other reports, it could have been a mistake.

But you will stick with all those Painicles with free internet.

The last leg should be swarming with them. A lot of them are bad mouthing her because of the perceived view she reeks of smoke from her China days. So, maybe they won't show up. The suites, including JS, seem to all be gone for all 3 legs.

The last leg should be swarming with them. A lot of them are bad mouthing her because of the perceived view she reeks of smoke from her China days. So, maybe they won't show up. The suites, including JS, seem to all be gone for all 3 legs.

I would expect that. It seems that the more unique an itinerary, the faster the suites go.