Freedom

Ovation

Harmony

Symphony

Enchantment?

Majesty

Independence

Liberty

Do we have confirmation on Freedom? Sailing that one in November. Would be great if it's similar to what we had on 3EY9FG8.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do we have confirmation on Freedom? Sailing that one in November. Would be great if it's similar to what we had on 3EY9FG8.

Thanks!

Freedom has had O3b service for quite some time.

77e6885060be678fb11c901fc8d20f5d.jpg

From YorkVillain on board now - as we thought the previous measurement is a bit off and Grandeur does NOT have O3B.

I wish i had speed like this on the granduer. That was last week. This is just now, ac700454a4a3a2bb6491e0191cba3903.jpg

and last night 2e3308d61949e39fc40a55f908c9281f.jpg

I've seen it at yorkvillain's level infrequently on this voyage. Some days, the test doesnt even complete. It fails at the latency test

Current list............I think

Anthem

Quantum

Oasis

Allure

Freedom

Ovation

Harmony

Symphony

Enchantment?

Majesty

Independence

Liberty

Its also on Empress. However, had better, faster and more reliable Internet connection on Hurtigruten's Fram in Antarctica earlier this year than 3 days ago between Tampa and Havana.

Wasn't that one of the reasons Grandeur was in drydock though?

I think the most recent Grandeur dry dock was primarily for required marine maintenance and inspection. The internet service upgrade (O3b) is probably easier to install during a dry dock, but it can also be installed outside of a dry dock.

Wasn't that one of the reasons Grandeur was in drydock though?

You would think. Yorkvillain's speed is similar to what i had fairly consistently in February, so I have to conclude there was no upgrade. Its been unpredictable this time around but has not been better that those benchmarks

Just back yesterday from an Empress Cuba run. "VOOM" advertised everywhere and on log-in.

Unfortunately, the word "VOOM" no longer means anything besides "some sort of internet access". All Royal ships have VOOM, but not all have the fast O3b service.

• 4 weeks later...
We are also Diamond. Can you tell me what the discount is? We are taking the Harmony in a few weeks.

Thanks,

Linda

Diamond VOOM coupon is a $20 discount on a package OR one free continuous 24-hour period of unlimited internet, per Diamond member. Two coupons cannot be used to discount one package.

We are on Liberty of the Seas and Voom with streaming is actually better. We are D+ and each get two free days.

This is the first sailing I have been on where you can opt for your two free days to be VOOM with streaming. The price is 27.99 covered with your D+ coupon. I have a picture of that coupon, followed by speed from my room on Deck 10, and a second picture out on Deck 13 by the flow rider. While these are not speedy, I have been able to Periscope everywhere, and I could not do that before.

52ea6d076e012f1ab95925bbde32ca84.jpg

d6fec209231a8b4de8d60239007414cc.jpg

8a2f4b577a7af225615d53fd94d35f9d.jpg

We are on Liberty of the Seas and Voom with streaming is actually better. We are D+ and each get two free days.

This is the first sailing I have been on where you can opt for your two free days to be VOOM with streaming. The price is 27.99 covered with your D+ coupon. I have a picture of that coupon, followed by speed from my room on Deck 10, and a second picture out on Deck 13 by the flow rider. While these are not speedy, I have been able to Periscope everywhere, and I could not do that before.

52ea6d076e012f1ab95925bbde32ca84.jpg

d6fec209231a8b4de8d60239007414cc.jpg

8a2f4b577a7af225615d53fd94d35f9d.jpg

Stream on the coupon is a big plus, but are sure you still have value to buy it again for your second day?

Ping seems high for O3B, do you recall where it was connecting to?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Stream on the coupon is a big plus, but are sure you still have value to buy it again for your second day?

Lol, John. I'm smart enough to ask ahead. I just pay a little difference, like $8 on Day 2. Worth it at least now since you actually can stream.

Lol, John. I'm smart enough to ask ahead. I just pay a little difference, like $8 on Day 2. Worth it at least now since you actually can stream.

Well if that's the case, it doesn't seem like anything new. I got stream on Freedom for $8 extra last year.

Maybe it's new to Liberty

But no recollection of where you are picking up your server?

On a non O3B, I never got a ping of less than 600 on the Grandeur. I was happy at 600. Though even with O3B, it appears that when you're in port, the ping seems higher than if they're out to sea? At least it appeared to be on the Anthem.