Removing bed from room?

Hoping someone might know the answer to this question: is it possible to remove a bed from an inside stateroom?

I ask because my cousin booked two inside connecting rooms. She and hubby are in one room, and she has two infants (twins) and a toddler booked in the same room. She is worried two pack-n-plays won't fit with two single beds in the room. Would RCI staff be willing to accommodate this request?

I think I read something somewhere a while ago (can't remember where) that only one crib per stateroom is allowed. My initial thought was they are going to have to have one play-n-play in their room and one in the other room.

Any info/advice you have would be awesome.

Hoping someone might know the answer to this question: is it possible to remove a bed from an inside stateroom?

I ask because my cousin booked two inside connecting rooms. She and hubby are in one room, and she has two infants (twins) and a toddler booked in the same room. She is worried two pack-n-plays won't fit with two single beds in the room. Would RCI staff be willing to accommodate this request?

I think I read something somewhere a while ago (can't remember where) that only one crib per stateroom is allowed. My initial thought was they are going to have to have one play-n-play in their room and one in the other room.

Any info/advice you have would be awesome.

I kinda doubt they would remove a bed from the room, but if they did where are they going to sleep?

See the OP, the couple are in one cabin and the kids are in the connecting cabin.

To the OP, I don't think they will remove the bed but maybe they can see if they will put the mattress on edge, up against the wall and breakdown the frame.

Really going to be tight either way. Another option would be to push the two twins together and against one wall. There might be room for the pack and plays beside the big bed, but won't allow a parent to walk between bed and PNP.

See the OP, the couple are in one cabin and the kids are in the connecting cabin.

To the OP, I don't think they will remove the bed but maybe they can see if they will put the mattress on edge, up against the wall and breakdown the frame.

Really going to be tight either way. Another option would be to push the two twins together and against one wall. There might be room for the pack and plays beside the big bed, but won't allow a parent to walk between bed and PNP.

That might work. Thanks for the idea, another thing I can ask RCI when I call. Hoping someone with twin babies might answer to see what they did. I only have one baby so my hat is off to parents that cruise with twins and triplets!

That might work. Thanks for the idea, another thing I can ask RCI when I call. Hoping someone with twin babies might answer to see what they did. I only have one baby so my hat is off to parents that cruise with twins and triplets!

Post on the family forum too. Kerri's Girls has twins and she always posts great information.

My DH uses a lift chair for seating and sleeping. Carnival always asks if we want the extra bed removed. Royal Caribbean said they could not. But did set the frame and mattress up on it's edge and we had plenty of room.

My DH uses a lift chair for seating and sleeping. Carnival always asks if we want the extra bed removed. Royal Caribbean said they could not. But did set the frame and mattress up on it's edge and we had plenty of room.

Good to know - that might be the solution in this case, appreciate the feedback!

As the twins are infants and won't be jumping around in the PNPs, would it be safe to place the PNPs on the beds? It seems to me that they have a wide enough footprint to be quite stable.

Our solution was waiting they turned 7 before taking them on a cruise ship. :D

It would be quite the reach to put them in and out too.

Our daughter leaves one at our house in one of the spare bedrooms, and it sometimes ends up on the bed, which is what made me think of the idea. I've been able to reach in to pick up teddy bears or other items, but maybe my arms are long. :)

Our solution was waiting they turned 7 before taking them on a cruise ship. :D

Oh dear, ha ha ha. But then RCI can't collect full fare on our munchkins [emoji15] Well our group will have eight kids 7 years old and younger and three more under age 18. At least kiddos often don't mind being on a couch or bunk bed [emoji6]

Our daughter leaves one at our house in one of the spare bedrooms, and it sometimes ends up on the bed, which is what made me think of the idea. I've been able to reach in to pick up teddy bears or other items, but maybe my arms are long. :)

Well my cousin is just a little taller but her hubby is 6'2" and skinny with long arms. So it might work for them, who knows.

... Well our group will have eight kids 7 years old and younger and three more under age 18. At least kiddos often don't mind being on a couch or bunk bed [emoji6]

is your cousin's family on the same sailing as you, on Liberty of the Seas? If so, she might want to call and see if a family oceanview is available, instead of 2 inside cabins. Many are much larger than a normal cabin, with a bunkbed room, larger living area that should easily accomodate 2 pack-n-plays. Just check this board for the larger room suggestions. Not all family oceanviews are the same size!

For example, deck 8 has 8500 and 8200 that are huge. My daughter priced 2 insdes, and then found she could get the large family oceanview for about the same price, for their family of 5. They will be sailing in July in one of the deck 8 FO cabins. The ones on deck 8 only have 1 bathroom, but they are willing to trade that for the large room space! With a bunkbed room, huge living area, and a bedroom too, they are excited to try this FO option.

Liberty also has brand new Panoramic Family Oceanviews (on deck 12 I think) with large living area, and 1-1/2 baths, and bunkbed room For 5 or 6 members of a family. Seems like this may be another viable option, giving them lots of room for the babies' beds, and accomodating the toddler in a lower bunk or couch, and the extra half bath. Again, check deck plan as some are much larger.

she will have to call Royal Caribbean for availability and price. With the current BOGO 60 sale, she should check prices now!

Good luck, and have fun!

Edited by slc22
poor typing of course

Does he take the lift chair with him?

is your cousin's family on the same sailing as you, on Liberty of the Seas? If so, she might want to call and see if a family oceanview is available, instead of 2 inside cabins. Many are much larger than a normal cabin, with a bunkbed room, larger living area that should easily accomodate 2 pack-n-plays. Just check this board for the larger room suggestions. Not all family oceanviews are the same size!

For example, deck 8 has 8500 and 8200 that are huge. My daughter priced 2 insdes, and then found she could get the large family oceanview for about the same price, for their family of 5. They will be sailing in July in one of the deck 8 FO cabins.

Liberty also has brand new Panoramic Family Oceanviews (on deck 12 I think) with large living area, and 1-1/2 baths, and bunkbed room For 5 or 6 members of a family. Seems like this may be a viable option giving them lots of room for the babies' beds, and accomodating the toddler, too. Again, check deck plan as some are much larger.

she will have to call Royal Caribbean for availability and price. With the current BOGO 60 sale, she should check prices now!

Good luck, and have fun!

Yes, we are part of a large family reunion group and all our staterooms are deck 8 aft. We can see if there's anything open, and she and her hubby are very budget-conscience people so that very well may be an idea to try. I do know that she picked those inside rooms because they are directly across the hall from her parents Royal Family Suite. They wanted their own space and didn't want to share the suite. But we'll check because I agree, if there's a deal now, best to take advantage of it now.

Yes, we are part of a large family reunion group and all our staterooms are deck 8 aft. We can see if there's anything open, and she and her hubby are very budget-conscience people so that very well may be an idea to try. I do know that she picked those inside rooms because they are directly across the hall from her parents Royal Family Suite. They wanted their own space and didn't want to share the suite. But we'll check because I agree, if there's a deal now, best to take advantage of it now.

I understand budgeting - that's why my daughter chose this cabin. Have your cousin view youtube video on Liberty of the Seas 8500. Only drawback for her is it is all the way forward on 8, while the rest of you are aft.

Have fun!

Spent time on hold for a long time but finally got an answer. They can remove just about a anything in the room (bed, couch, chair, coffee table) to make room for two pack n plays. There's a catch though, you can't request ahead of time because this is because the revenue department still sees the room as a possible body in bed #2 and on paper, it's one pack n play per room. But once on board, RCI agent said to request to the assigned stateroom attendant that you prefer to have the two cribs in one room and to remove furniture so you can safely get to the cribs in the middle of the night if needed. This is case-by-case basis as they can't do this for everyone on board but they can accommodate, just can't ask until on board.

Our family had #8500 on ROS...the p-n-p wouldn't fit in the 2nd bedroom with the other bed in there (we din't need the other bed as the room was just going to be used for a toddler)...first time we requested to have the bed removed...what an ordeal that was. They did so but the ordeal we went through wasn't worth it so next time we just leaned it up against the wall.

Our family had #8500 on ROS...the p-n-p wouldn't fit in the 2nd bedroom with the other bed in there (we din't need the other bed as the room was just going to be used for a toddler)...first time we requested to have the bed removed...what an ordeal that was. They did so but the ordeal we went through wasn't worth it so next time we just leaned it up against the wall.

Yep, that was what the agent said, if they can't completely take it out they somehow secure up against the wall out of the way. She did mention completely taking the couch and coffee table out though.