bye bye george lopez

shof515

Sounds good to me. I doubt that we'll see any difference in the caliber of entertainment offered in the comedy clubs. ;)

Frankly, I never cared too much for George Lopez anyway. :rolleyes:

"SKY"

Sounds good to me. I doubt that we'll see any difference in the caliber of entertainment offered in the comedy clubs. ;)

Frankly, I never cared too much for George Lopez anyway. :rolleyes:

"SKY"

Even better to me. I did'n even know who is this .:p

Out of all of the comedians to choose from, I always thought it was a bit odd for Carnival to form a partnership with George Lopez. I wonder if one of "the beards" is related to, or a good friend of George?

Figured this would happen when Carnival developed the new "Entertainment Director" positions - surprised it took this long!

But....this article from June 2014 refers to it taking 2 years for those positions to be fleetwide - which pretty much brings us to now!

Figured this would happen when Carnival developed the new "Entertainment Director" positions - surprised it took this long!

But....this article from June 2014 refers to it taking 2 years for those positions to be fleetwide - which pretty much brings us to now!

Interesting! I LOVE Butch and last cruised with him in 2014. He mentioned he'd be working in the office in Miami on a special project but did not say what it would be.

Out of all of the comedians to choose from, I always thought it was a bit odd for Carnival to form a partnership with George Lopez. I wonder if one of "the beards" is related to, or a good friend of George?

Same reason the put Guy Fieres name on a hamburger stand. Marketing.

Don't care either way. But, would like to hear comedians that don't have to rely on the "F" word in an 18+ show, just to get a laugh.

Right there with you. How about a higher percentage that write some material rather than pester someone in the audience or spend half the time in a self degradation mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by BallFour4

No change. Only thing is Carnival will likely save money by no longer having to pay George Lopez for use of his name/likeness.

Although on last cruise, for the first time, there was a comedian that I had heard of before.

Don't care either way. But, would like to hear comedians that don't have to rely on the "F" word in an 18+ show, just to get a laugh.

That pretty much sums up why I don't care for the adult comedy on Carnival. Most of the comedians rely on F bombs to make their material funny, ( I'm not offended by the word at all), and it really isn't very good to begin with. We had an adult comedian on our last cruise who was hysterical and never once used the word. His material was funny, politically incorrect and very adult and I'm sure there were some people who were offended, but it was excellent adult comedy.

Carnival needs to get out of the frat boy comedy business and get something better

Edited by mek

IMO, the worst comedy on the ship is usually by the Carnival Fun Staff person introducing the comedians. They tell the lamest, most banal and juvenile jokes. I can hear the audience moan with displeasure at their attempts to be funny.

They do set the audience up, since any comedian will be better than them.

IMO, the worst comedy on the ship is usually by the Carnival Fun Staff person introducing the comedians. They tell the lamest, most banal and juvenile jokes. I can hear the audience moan with displeasure at their attempts to be funny.

They do set the audience up, since any comedian will be better than them.

Agreed! Pretty much without exception, we've found the comedy club managers' pre-show "warm up" to be cringeworthy. And for the record, I'm just fine with Carnival ending its relationship with George Lopez. I don't really find him funny at all. However, I almost always enjoy the comedians who perform onboard.