New Amenities Added to Concierge Class

Andy

i am happy for any perks they want to give me, to be honest. I was good before them, i'll be as good or perhaps better with them. The way i see it, my vacation is not having to work at my desk or in my house - everything else is a bonus :) . Thanks for letting us know, andy!

where is the "like button" when you need it!

I will be in CC on my cruise in June 2017 so hopefully this sticks around until then. The only one I really care about is the lunch. I wouldn't mind going to a sit down lunch that day but you do need to get on board rather early. I assume people in CC class get boarded quickly and have some kind of priority? What if you show up at 11 and have to wait forever to board? I have not yet cruised Celebrity so not totally sure how their boarding works.

I know that Celebrity has been struggling for some time with how to make this stateroom class be worth the money. I would like to see some actual value items that would be enjoyed by all passengers booking in Concierge Class. The larger stateroom on M class has no equivalent on S class. The bubbly in the stateroom goes to all Concierge Class customers and they need more things of this nature -- things that set Concierge Class apart.

But look at what they have now added -- Concierge services which you might want to take advantage of, but might never need. An opportunity to listen to a sales pitch. An invitation to lunch, if you happen to get on the ship before lunchtime is over and if everyone in your party has booked Concierge Class.

And in fact hasn't there been a Concierge on board for many years? Or will this now be an actual dedicated Concierge who will work only with Concierge Class passengers, unavailable to the rest of the passengers?

This, in my opinion, is not enough to set Concierge Class apart from the general staterooms.

Finally, I agree that Celebrity needs to clarify the Aqua Class/Concierge Class status, once and for all. Does Aqua Class include all the perks of Concierge Class? Or doesn't it?

Edited by cruisestitch

The key for me is this: Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch in the Main Restaurant (11:30am - 1:00pm).

This means, to me at least, concierge passengers will be getting on board immediately. I'm usually at the port anywhere between 10:00 and 10:30, so this is a big deal for me. I much prefer getting on ASAP and not having to wait.

And my wife and I will definitely take advantage of the lunch too! You get tired of having to "battle" for a table at the buffet.

I agree the concierge embarkation day lunch in the MD is a nice perk away from the buffet madness. On the Eclipse last month we were served a delicious lunch menu in the MD.

Interesting that Equinox are still providing fluffy towels. Our cabin steward on the Eclipse informed us that the fluffy towels were no longer available in concierge class! Celebrity could provide fluffy towels again and a nicer shower gel in concierge cabins at little extra cost but the perceived added value would be appreciated.

The only real benefit IMO of Concierge over balcony is the additional points if that is important. It is to some and not for others. The bubbles is really not a perk. The canapés in the afternoon are not worth the effort as better afternoon tea is provided in the buffet. A fluffy dressing gown viz a viz a cotton dressing gown ho hum.

So since we're sort of on the subject (and this saves me from starting yet another thread LOL)... what is boarding like in general for Celebrity?

What I really want to know is... what is the earliest you can show up? What is the earliest you can hand over your bags... go through security... check in... and get on the ship?

We have cruised three times as a family and in all three of these cases we were able to get on the boat pretty early, I want to say before noon. But they all left from Port Canaveral, so that might have made a difference.

On another cruise that left from Bayonne, we waited for quite awhile. Does it depend on the port and/or itinerary? Our next cruise leaves from Vancouver.

The key for me is this: Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch in the Main Restaurant (11:30am - 1:00pm).

This means, to me at least, concierge passengers will be getting on board immediately. I'm usually at the port anywhere between 10:00 and 10:30, so this is a big deal for me. I much prefer getting on ASAP and not having to wait.

And my wife and I will definitely take advantage of the lunch too! You get tired of having to "battle" for a table at the buffet.

My DH and I are back in a C2 again for Alaska. We didn't want to spend the extra for a suite since the Millie is a much older ship. I would love to eat lunch in the MDR, but unfortunately, our three day tour has us purchasing our own lunch in Anchorage! That really irritates me, even though my DH wanted to do this tour. So please enjoy much for us too!

Edited by Lastdance

So since we're sort of on the subject (and this saves me from starting yet another thread LOL)... what is boarding like in general for Celebrity?

What I really want to know is... what is the earliest you can show up? What is the earliest you can hand over your bags... go through security... check in... and get on the ship?

We have cruised three times as a family and in all three of these cases we were able to get on the boat pretty early, I want to say before noon. But they all left from Port Canaveral, so that might have made a difference.

On another cruise that left from Bayonne, we waited for quite awhile. Does it depend on the port and/or itinerary? Our next cruise leaves from Vancouver.

We usually arrive around 10 to 10 30 and are onboard by 11 15 at the latest...

Hi Everyone,

Looks like Celebrity has added 4 new amenities to Concierge Class. Details can be found here : http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-concierge-class-stateroom

The 4 new amenities are :

• NEW Dedicated Onboard Concierge desk

• NEW Concierge availability during pier check-in

• NEW Exclusive Destination Seminar arranged by the Concierge

• NEW Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch in the Main Restaurant (11:30am - 1:00pm)

IMO, I doubt this will be enough for anyone to consider booking Concierge Class solely for the new items... unless you already enjoy the exisiting Concierge Class amenties. Of the 4 updates, I like the Welcome Aboard Lunch the most. FWIW, this was available on Eclipse a few weeks ago. However, as my Sister was not booked in Concierge, we opted not to try this new amenity.

With that said, we enjoy Concierge Class very much, and it's nice to see that Celebrity is working to upgrade the experience.

Thanks so much for posting this. We have a CC booked for our upcoming cruise and would likely not be aware of this. I agree that the lunch will be a very nice additional amenity.

I am looking forward to experience these perks when on the Constellation for 14 days in July. We have a C1 aft cabin. And we will be booking some ship tours, specialty restaurants with some of our OBC. We also will be DIY in Cadiz so maybe the Destination seminar orgainzed by the Concierge rather than the CD would be of value.

Will report back after our cruise.

Looking forward to lunch in the MDR on embarkation day.

Hi,

Cadiz proper i s actually an island connected to the peninsula, by ferry, train and Bridges. The latest being called " el Puente de la Pepa". The ferry will take to El Puerto de Santa Maria, and rail service will take you to Jerez de la Frontera and also Sevilla.

Cadiz itself is a walkable town, but you can easily get lost. If you are the fan of Hop on Hop Off buses they are available. The port has been active, from what I have been told, for a thousand plus years. They have a fresh market, and have an area for tapas and such. If eating look for the locals, I picked the first available once and could have had a better meal at a local fish fry, "freiduria".

Enjoy your stay.

If you are a fan of Hop on Off buses they are available.

Often not true! We booked our Alaska cruise over two years ago - and we snagged a Aqua 1 on the aft for cheaper than a Concierge 1 on the aft :D and we aren't even convinced that we will count Blu as a perk - due to the one meal we ate there while in a suite.

We have cruised concierge before - and found very little as to the perks - I think adding the embarkation lunch is a brilliant move and certainly shouldn't include Aqua.

Aqua is supposed to be one grade above Concierge

"Supposed to be", but (IMO) it's not. I definitely did not enjoy my time eating in Blu and what few extra perks you get aren't worth the additional costs.

Just my 2¢.

"Supposed to be", but (IMO) it's not. I definitely did not enjoy my time eating in Blu and what few extra perks you get aren't worth the additional costs.

Just my 2¢.

It's the Persian Garden perk, the healthier cruising style, oh yes and plenty of water.

'Supposed' being the operative word - often they are priced below Concierge cabins ;). Many think Aqua class was introduced to help sell those cabins in less desirable locations - not everyone's opinion, but it is held by a few here on CC ;). It will be interesting to see if Aqua is included within the new builds :confused:.

I think this is mostly in the minds of AQ pax as they want to feel "one grade above" when in actuality its just a different set of perks in the same cabin as Concierge and on Solstice Class the same as every other balcony cabin onboard....to me its a pick your perks decision, we could care less about BLU or Persian Garden but do enjoy the Concierge Class amenities and the additional Captains Club points so we prefer Concierge Class.

This entire "class war debate" began even before anyone had ever cruised in AQ when Solstice was being built and X posted the AQ amenities on their web site.....within a day of being posted the pax who had future AQ booked began whining here that as they had a "grade above" or "superior cabin" to concierge that they were "appalled" that Concierge Class cabins had perks that AQ did not...eventually X did add most if not all of the Concierge Class perks to AQ before Solstice even sailed on their 1st cruise and the AQ pax were able to continue their "one class above" feelings......until now apparently... LOL ..sorry AQ, its off to the buffet for you on embarkation day! :p

'Supposed' being the operative word - often they are priced below Concierge cabins ;). Many think Aqua class was introduced to help sell those cabins in less desirable locations - not everyone's opinion, but it is held by a few here on CC ;). It will be interesting to see if Aqua is included within the new builds :confused:.

I would guess they will be on the new builds as X will still need perks to help sell the awful cabins right below the public decks! :D

I am amazed at the snide comments directed at other posters. Let people in glass houses comes to mind. People should just book whichever class they can afford or most enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just my 2¢.

I agree Kevin - as you know we are in Aqua - very soon :D I'm going to love breakfast in Blu - although due to early excursions may have to mostly eat in the buffet. Dinner - we are giving it one night and then I may be asking to go to the MDR. The menus don't impress me.

I am however prepared to enjoy that balcony - deck 11 aft :D Stop in for a drink - just knock on the Moose poster. Brahaha

Edited by Jane2357

I think Celebrity did a brilliant marketing/service ploy. They gave CC class a valuable perk while removing all those CC passengers from the buffet lines between 11:30 and 1:00pm. This change benefits everyone, including AQ passengers whose buffet experience will be enhanced by the reduction in crowds during peak lunch hours.

We are traveling in AQ in August and the only CC perk I would like included is the bottle of sparkling wine.

We are traveling in AQ in August and the only CC perk I would like included is the bottle of sparkling wine.

That sparking wine really isn't good - however - when mixed with OJ - they make wonderful mimosas :D

I am amazed at the snide comments directed at other posters. Let people in glass houses comes to mind. People should just book whichever class they can afford or most enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree. Several of the posts on this thread have been snarky to say the least.

My only frustration is that Celebrity is just not clear at times on what class cabin gets what. It is true that for some time (perhaps up until this announcement), if you booked an AQ cabin you got all the perks of CC plus some additional perks like the spa (which is not all that impressive on M class anyway). I think it gets annoying when Celebrity (apparently) is changing those 'rules' and doing something different, but not directly saying so. That would be my beef - that it is just not clear or that the former rule is changing but they are not specifically saying so.

Is AQ an upgrade from CC? It used to be - if you booked a GTY CC cabin you could get an upgrade to AQ. To me that says that at least at one time it was in fact considered an upgraded cabin, higher price or not (which varies by how categories are selling on particular cruises). I have no issue with their changing their marketing around those cabins - just for heavens sake be clear and say so.

If I had to guess, based on their current emphasis on high end suites and upper middle class or higher clientele, they are trying to create a set of cabins that sounds high end so they can ultimately charge more accordingly. 'Concierge Class' sounds really special, but IMHO formerly it was not. It seems they are looking into making it seem more special. 'Aqua Class' just doesn't sound as high end to me. Heck, they don't even include unlimited agua anymore:). I suspect they will be changing that soon as well - perhaps renaming or rebranding somehow to something that sounds more exclusive - although it will be a challenge as their locations tend to be less desirable - and even more so now that they have added the outdoor movie screen over the only AQ's that were in a great location - the 11th deck on M class - and feedback has it that the noise is very disturbing while trying to enjoy the balcony. Just my opinion.

Concierge Class booker"s have lived through years of "I would never book CC as the perks aren't worth it and people that do are stupid." There have been a lot of us defending our booking of CC due to the better cabin locations So I am very pleased that Celebrity has chosen to up the benefits for this category:)