Umbrellas on Regal

jason3695

Hi all,

I have done multiple advanced searches on the forums and have not found the answer to my question.

Next week I will be sailing the Regal in the Baltic. I am sure it will rain a bit. Does Princess have umbrellas in the room or should I bring a few with me?

Thanks!

We've never been on a Princess cruise (in mini and full suites) that provided umbrellas. We have been on cool weather, at times rainy, cruises to the Baltics, the British Isles and Alaska and always bring hooded Gore-Tex jackets and I've been known to also wear a cheap, long plastic poncho when it is really pouring since it protects my legs better. The one thing we don't bring are umbrellas - they get in the way when sightseeing and if it is windy you can end up spending more time trying to keep it from turning inside out or blowing away :D.

On our Baltic cruise, we brought umbrellas and rain ponchos. Guess what? We had sunny weather and not any rain the entire cruise. Go prepared for rain . I hope you won't have any bad weather.

The new full suite amenities includes "Complementary umbrellas" but everyone else need to bring their own. We prefer to bring waterproof windbreakers. Every Baltic cruise is different but on ours it started raining on our canal boat ride in Copenhagen and an umbrella would have been of little use. Was glad we had our windbreakers in my backpack. The only other rain we had was for 15-20 minutes while we were at a shopping opportunity in St. Petersburg.

Remember that, if you are on a tour with other people, it's quite possible they will be extremely annoyed that they can't see past your umbrella. I'd take a coat or poncho and a hat. Just my 2¢ worth...

Several of the Baltic HOHO buses actually handed out free ponchos. Flimsy, but did work.

Really? I was going to go buy ponchos today but I already have tickets for the Copenhagen City Sightseeing HOHO. Wonder if I can snag them for free there?

Thanks for the tip!

Really? I was going to go buy ponchos today but I already have tickets for the Copenhagen City Sightseeing HOHO. Wonder if I can snag them for free there?

Thanks for the tip!

They are usually sitting on a shelf to the left after you enter the bus. They will be there with the maps and headphones. We pick one up whether we think we will need it for that day or not. Can't promise they are there, but we've never missed getting one yet. Flimsy but they work!