Diamond lounge/drinks

I'm new to being a Diamond member, and a little confused. Does one use the Diamond lounge, or are there 3 drink coupons? How does that work?

Your imput is greatly appreciated.

It used to be both, but since all the changes Happening on May 1st you can´t go to the Lounge anymore as a Diamond and you have to use the drink vouchers.

It used to be both, but since all the changes Happening on May 1st you can´t go to the Lounge anymore as a Diamond and you have to use the drink vouchers.

Where did you read this? Please post your source as I have been searching CC and RCCL and have not been able to find this information posted on RCCL site and C&A reports they have seen nothing in writing from the powers that be.

Not true. I'm in the DL on Ovation nightly and also have the 3 drinks vouchers per day.

Question.

Are the drinks available all evening, or only when the Diamond lounge is offering drinks?

Thanks

The coupons are good only during the hours the lounge serves cocktails.

Sherri:)

Question.

Are the drinks available all evening, or only when the Diamond lounge is offering drinks?

Thanks

The 3 drinks are only available during the hours when the DL is serving drinks. Usually 4:30-8 or 5-8:30.

Question.

Thanks

Only when the Adam is offering drinks and only in bars, not restaurants.

That has not happened on any ship. Please don't report rumor as fact. At least say "I've heard" or " I believe" when reporting unsubstantiated claims.

Just to reiterate the current status (based on my Adventure cruise ending 4/30/16):

Diamond status drinks are only available during the specified times (5-ish pm to 8-ish pm, varies by ship). If you are in the Diamond Lounge, they will pour you drinks. If you are at a bar, they will use the 3 daily vouchers on your SeaPass card. During the specified hours, you can mix and match.

Those speculating about the future can present their crystal ball for verification and will be immediately questioned about why they are using the power to see into the future for Diamond drinks rather than financial gain. :eek:

while wildly speculated to be the case, that has NOT been formalized or presented as new policy(yet)

NOT TRUE.

That was yet another rumour circulating.

Another nice perk for me is the cappuccino coffee machine, available just about all the time in the DL. If the DL ever switches to D+ and higher only, I'd really miss this coffee.

Edited by Jimnbigd

Oh dear - Paul, I really respect you as a member here (still do) but this is simply not true. I know that really long thread was very confusing and the whole thing is rumor, but the Diamond Lounge is still available to Diamond members. :)

And Jim, we love the cappuccino machine too. A couple a day is not uncommon for us. Very relaxing on a sea day. :D

Since I might have helped fuel that rumor :o

Diamond lounge still open to Diamond on the Indy

Have been in every night for the past week and hope they let me in for the next week

Another nice perk for me is the cappuccino coffee machine, available just about all the time in the DL. If the DL ever switches to D+ and higher only, I'd really miss this coffee.

only if it WORKS. last few cruises they were down in both lounges.

Now I have to ask how the coupons on our sea pass cards work. Do we order a drink from a bar, present our card and they know it is "free" or do we tell them when ordering that we wish to use our coupons? Obviously, have never done this. Thks. for any info. (Will be on Oasis next month).

Now I have to ask how the coupons on our sea pass cards work. Do we order a drink from a bar, present our card and they know it is "free" or do we tell them when ordering that we wish to use our coupons? Obviously, have never done this. Thks. for any info. (Will be on Oasis next month).

Normally, you would get the drink for free automatically.

However, I've found it's a good idea that when you order the drink to mention that it should be covered by your voucher. This way if you order a drink that is not covered by the voucher (like a frozen drink), they will tell you up front that you will have to pay for the drink.

Not true. I'm in the DL on Ovation nightly and also have the 3 drinks vouchers per day.

I am on the Ovation in June and there will be no Diamond lounge as it will be closed to CAS members. Does anyone know what will be in place instead? Maybe it will be vouchers only?