On the Oasis - Sky Level Any questions?

Thank you for the class review. I was also wondering about the water replenishment in suite as the Sky Class amenity lists "Bottled Water" not "Bottle of Water" leading me to think there are more than one haha.

For my first few cruises I use to bring water on board but then I tried their filtered tap water and it was fine, but that was on the oasis, the Empress water may be a bit different on a 25 year old ship--going to assume that's been upgraded a few times too.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

A&L_Ont, would you recommend having a dinner at CK every night or is MDR (with MTD dining option) a better choice ? Is CK crowded in the evenings (dinner time) ?

I wish I could help but I can't. We have only eaten in the MDR one time and CK once for dinner. There will be ther who can chime in to answer. If we aren't at a fee restaurant we are either ordering MDR to our cabin or at the WJ.

She one will chime in with answers.

I wish I could help but I can't. We have only eaten in the MDR one time and CK once for dinner. There will be ther who can chime in to answer. If we aren't at a fee restaurant we are either ordering MDR to our cabin or at the WJ.

She one will chime in with answers.

I see.. BTW, since this is a "Sky Class" thread, which Specialty Restaurants are you eligible to go to on a complimentary basis (if any) ? Or just the CK ?

P.S. Did you like the quality of food at CK , as compared to MDR ?

I see.. BTW, since this is a "Sky Class" thread, which Specialty Restaurants are you eligible to go to on a complimentary basis (if any) ? Or just the CK ?

P.S. Did you like the quality of food at CK , as compared to MDR ?

Just the CK. I liked the food in the CK but DW isn't as adventurous as me. Food is subjective though.

could I ask how much the cabanas are for suite guests? and since the pool attendant didn't scan your pass for towels - did you take a few extra? I always debate on bringing a few of my own as sometimes I like more than 1 towel.

We will be on Allure in a few weeks. The concierge gave me the prices of $295 Standard, $395 Hilltop and $495 Over Water. There were no over water cabanas left when I contacted him several weeks ago.

A&L_Ont, would you recommend having a dinner at CK every night or is MDR (with MTD dining option) a better choice ? Is CK crowded in the evenings (dinner time) ?

We sailed Oasis back in October and only reserved two nights in CK but after the first night we were hooked. So we did four in CK and three in specialties. Just that lack of the MDR hustle and bustle sold us. The good food was a bonus.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We sailed Oasis back in October and only reserved two nights in CK but after the first night we were hooked. So we did four in CK and three in specialties. Just that lack of the MDR hustle and bustle sold us. The good food was a bonus.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Gregg, nice to hear that!

Day 5 - New menu in CK tonight. Although not on the menu, lobster tail was offered. Very tasty.

Must be the second formal night, with "free" lobster in the MDR tonight. I thought it was a nice touch to offer it in CK.

Edited by clarea

Must be the second formal night, with "free" lobster in the MDR tonight. I thought it was a nice touch to offer it in CK.

Very nice indeed! Makes me think that we will simply stay at CK for all our dinners (avoiding the fuss of MDR with all the MTD hustle).

Very nice indeed! Makes me think that we will simply stay at CK for all our dinners (avoiding the fuss of MDR with all the MTD hustle).

I could easily eat at CK every night, even with only two different menus, and I believe CK is getting more menus, at least on Anthem.

It was lobster night in the MDR. The lobster tail in CK was a much better quality than the lobster they serve in the MDR.

The spicy shrimp appetizer and scallop entree in CK are also very good.

I just booked a Sky Class Suite for my parents and I in November. Curious on:

Coastal Kitchen - Extra fee or included?

Do you need to reserve seats with Concierge for desired shows or just show up prior to them releasing the seats?

How far in advance do we need to reserve restaurants? Day of or prior to sailing?

This upgraded cabin is for my birthday and a Christmas gift for my parents. Looking to really enjoy the amenities.

Thanks to anyone that can answer!

I just booked a Sky Class Suite for my parents and I in November. Curious on:

Coastal Kitchen - Extra fee or included?

Do you need to reserve seats with Concierge for desired shows or just show up prior to them releasing the seats?

How far in advance do we need to reserve restaurants? Day of or prior to sailing?

This upgraded cabin is for my birthday and a Christmas gift for my parents. Looking to really enjoy the amenities.

Thanks to anyone that can answer!

There is no charge for Coastal Kitchen. I would reserve the comedy show at the very least.

thanks we will be on oasis soon...not soon enough ;)

hot food?...sufficient for lunch for a teenager who will eat anything/everything in sight

For the teenager, I suggest the Wipeout Cafe. That is usually not crowded on embarkation day, and has hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, etc. There is also a free soft-service ice cream machine there.

I can reserve Comedy Show once I board, though, correct? According to the RCCL Rep helping me with my cruise, Suite guests already have reserved seats at all shows. So I'm guessing we just contact Suite Concierge after boarding for all reservations, shows and dining?

I really just want to know if I can stop stalking the site for shows to be released for reservations LOL

I can reserve Comedy Show once I board, though, correct? According to the RCCL Rep helping me with my cruise, Suite guests already have reserved seats at all shows. So I'm guessing we just contact Suite Concierge after boarding for all reservations, shows and dining?

I really just want to know if I can stop stalking the site for shows to be released for reservations LOL

I don't believe there are any seats reserved for suite guests in the comedy venue. However, they do hold back some slots for onboard booking, so you can try booking as soon as you get onboard.

Edited by clarea

For the teenager, I suggest the Wipeout Cafe. That is usually not crowded on embarkation day, and has hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, etc. There is also a free soft-service ice cream machine there.

Nachos are no longer offered at the Wipe Out Cafe. I guess two many were being blown off plates when people left with food to the starboard side of the ship. You could always see some nachos as well as fries on the ground.

Nachos are no longer offered at the Wipe Out Cafe. I guess two many were being blown off plates when people left with food to the starboard side of the ship. You could always see some nachos as well as fries on the ground.

Thanks for the update Andrew.