On the Oasis - Sky Level Any questions?

The seapass card for sky suite is now purple vs gold card. I also saw a dark blue seapass card. I do not know which suite level gets the blue card.....

Hello! Does this mean you are not eligible for "Gold Sea Pass only" areas ? I.e. I expected that our sea passes would be Gold since we are booked in an A3 Aquatheater for our October'16 sailing on Allure of the Seas.. Purple or any other color of the sea pass seems to create additional hurdles on getting to the "suite only" areas or reserved seating..

P.S. Can you post a picture (or a part of it) of your SKY level sea pass ?

Thanks in advance

Hello! Does this mean you are not eligible for "Gold Sea Pass only" areas ? I.e. I expected that our sea passes would be Gold since we are booked in an A3 Aquatheater for our October'16 sailing on Allure of the Seas.. ...

They have changed the colors of the SeaPass cards on those ships with the new suite program, no more gold color. However, suites still have access to the same suite areas they had before, the signs have been changed to reflect the new colors.

Hello! Does this mean you are not eligible for "Gold Sea Pass only" areas ? I.e. I expected that our sea passes would be Gold since we are booked in an A3 Aquatheater for our October'16 sailing on Allure of the Seas.. Purple or any other color of the sea pass seems to create additional hurdles on getting to the "suite only" areas or reserved seating..

P.S. Can you post a picture (or a part of it) of your SKY level sea pass ?

Thanks in advance

No more gold card. Howeverhaving a non blue card (Sea Class, previous silver, is dark blue. But still blue in my opinion.) gives you what was gold card acces.

This is a Sky Class card.

44e24265787efd5abd30530b25146370.jpg

They have changed the colors of the SeaPass cards on those ships with the new suite program, no more gold color. However, suites still have access to the same suite areas they had before, the signs have been changed to reflect the new colors.

Many thanks, sounds good ! Keep enjoying your Sky Class cruise vacation.. Ours is only in 5 months....

No more gold card. Howeverhaving a non blue card (Sea Class, previous silver, is dark blue. But still blue in my opinion.) gives you what was gold card acces.

This is a Sky Class card....

Well... GOLD would have looked cooler ;-)

could I ask how much the cabanas are for suite guests? and since the pool attendant didn't scan your pass for towels - did you take a few extra? I always debate on bringing a few of my own as sometimes I like more than 1 towel.

If you get a chance could you see if there is an accessible way to get to the suites sun deck for someone requiring a wheelchair. Thank you!

Went up today, the only way I noticed was stairs only. The forward elevators only go up to deck 16 and didn't notice any "crew only" and accessible ways to get up there.

CK is not open for lunch on day one. There was food available. CK is open for dinner.

I think it depends on the ship. I have seen it listed as open for lunch on the Anthem on day 1 compasses

Edited by jonj

Went up today, the only way I noticed was stairs only. The forward elevators only go up to deck 16 and didn't notice any "crew only" and accessible ways to get up there.

Thank you for checking. We are in the accessible CLS, with my Son in a wheelchair would love for him to be able to be there with us. Bummer!

Thank you for checking. We are in the accessible CLS, with my Son in a wheelchair would love for him to be able to be there with us. Bummer!

We're not sailing until November but we've been in contact with RCI in regards to the suite deck being wheelchair accessible. We've been advised there is a staff elevator up to the suite deck and access can be arranged this way via the concierge. Alternatively they offered to set up a sectioned off private area for us on any other accessible sun deck.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Kim84

We're not sailing until November but we've been in contact with RCI in regards to the suite deck being wheelchair accessible. We've been advised there is a staff elevator up to the suite deck and access can be arranged this way via the concierge. Alternatively they offered to set up a sectioned off private area for us on any other accessible sun deck.

Hope this helps!

You talk to different people and get different answers. I asked the concierge today about an alternate access and he said no. There definitely seems like there should be an alternative. Maybe it has to be arranged/discussed pre cruise.

could I ask how much the cabanas are for suite guests? and since the pool attendant didn't scan your pass for towels - did you take a few extra? I always debate on bringing a few of my own as sometimes I like more than 1 towel.

I did not get a price on the cabanas. I asked two different people when we were on Labdee and neither remembered how much they paid. I took 4 towels. You can take as many as you want. The room stewardess did not replace the wet ones so you do have to keep going to the pool deck. Tomorrow is a sea day. I'll report back if towels are available on the suite sun deck.

We will be sailing on Oasis in a CLS on June 4 and was wondering if I should bother with getting the drink package. Can you bring drinks out of the lounge back to your suite? It is so close so it would be very convenient. Also, can you get bottled water in the Suite Lounge. We actually go through quite a bit of that while cruising, which makes the package a good deal for us, but if we can get it in the Lounge, maybe it makes more sense not to get it. I hope you are enjoying your time in your suite! We can't wait!!!

I have the drink package and find it convenient. You can take drinks out of the lounge but the lounge is limited in the drink selection. While dining in CK, I asked for two martinis that are available on the rising tide bar and champagne lounge and neither could be made in the SL. If your beverage of choice is simple, you probably won't have an issue.

Following along also.........in an L2 on Oasis in Sept. Interested in everything!

Was there anything different with your Sky suite embarkation than there was with suite embarkation previously? Do you still drop your luggage off with the porter and have to wait hours for it to be delivered? I would also like to know about the bottled water and where and how much is available.

I've been following a Star suite review also and the amenities are off the chain.....seems like they could offer a few more perks to the lowly Sky and Sea classes to make the "new" Royal suite program more enticing for those levels.....seems like they are only interested in capturing Star class.

Thanks for the info, have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Nothing changed with embarkation, we dropped our luggage off with the porter. I asked was there a separate area for suites and he said no. Suite luggage would be separated in the back. Our luggage was delivered before the muster drill at 4:00 pm. There was a line for Sky and Sea class but honestly at 11:15 am it did not make a difference. There was no line and boarding already started.

I agree. The new amenities are more noticeable at the Star level. Nothing really changed at the Sky level. I think they can offer some discounts on drink packages.

The sales attendant at the next cruise desk said it's possible some things could change at the sky level in the future. This is only the 2nd sailing with the benefits so RC has to test the market and sales. He did not promise anything but said anything can change. Nothing would be taken away from sky class but maybe some additional amenities will be added.

Hope this helps!

This is good news. I guess I will be in contact with them and see if something can be set up for us.

Thank you for he info, if you get a chance to come back and let me know how it went for you that would be great. We don't sail until next April.

You talk to different people and get different answers. I asked the concierge today about an alternate access and he said no. There definitely seems like there should be an alternative. Maybe it has to be arranged/discussed pre cruise.

RCCL does inconsistency well. Thanks for checking for me, I really appreciate you taking your time to do so.

The only bathroom amenity in the downstairs bathroom in the CLS is a 1.7 oz bottle of lotion by L'occitane. The upstairs bathroom has the same lotion plus a 1.7 oz bottle of shampoo, 1.7 oz bottle of conditioner and 1.7 oz shower gel all by L'occitane.

The sign for the suite sun deck says

Reserved Exclusively for

Star Class - dark blue seapass

Sky Class - dark purple seapass

Pinnacle Club - white seapass

Jeez, it isn't even enough for there to be "Guests" and "Suite/Pinnacle Guests" anymore? We have to keep subdividing the suites too?

Jeez, it isn't even enough for there to be "Guests" and "Suite/Pinnacle Guests" anymore? We have to keep subdividing the suites too?

Hmm I don't think it's that bad. Under the "old" system, Jr Suite guests weren't given these perks either and now they have been renamed Sea Class on the Oasis/Quantum ships. The sign is just enforcing status quo IMHO. I think nothing has changed..?

Edited by bertrande
Sea Class, not Sky Class - edited to reflect that.

Hmm I don't think it's that bad. Under the "old" system, Jr Suite guests weren't given these perks either and now they have been renamed Sea Class on the Oasis/Quantum ships. The sign is just enforcing status quo IMHO. I think nothing has changed..?

Other than the addition of the Star Class and it's perks really it is just the same as it was before. Only JS now consistently can use the CK for evening dinners. It wasn't uniform from ship to ship.

Other than the addition of the Star Class and it's perks really it is just the same as it was before. Only JS now consistently can use the CK for evening dinners. It wasn't uniform from ship to ship.

A&L_Ont, would you recommend having a dinner at CK every night or is MDR (with MTD dining option) a better choice ? Is CK crowded in the evenings (dinner time) ?