Luggage Tags

SeaPete

No, they're not mailed to those in suites.

After printing, I cut them to size, place clear packing tape over the printed side, and then wrap them around a luggage handle and secure with the same tape before boarding.

Enjoy your first Princess cruise...

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

I use the reusable plastic hang tags. I got mine from a site that CC seems to block links to (S E R E N D I P I T Y) and they are also available on amazon but then CC also sells them in their store.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46

I prefer the longer "loops" to the shorter ones as they are easier to get on and off of the luggage.

Edited by Thrak

Like THRAK, I like Favors by Serendipity (look them up on the web). Their luggage tag holders are sturdy; I'm still using the same ones I bought when I first started cruising with Princess.

I use the reusable plastic hang tags. I got mine from a site that CC seems to block links to (S E R E N D I P I T Y) and they are also available on amazon but then CC also sells them in their store.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46

I prefer the longer "loops" to the shorter ones as they are easier to get on and off of the luggage.

Like THRAK, I like Favors by Serendipity (look them up on the web). Their luggage tag holders are sturdy; I'm still using the same ones I bought when I first started cruising with Princess.

Those work great for us & bought them after we had a luggage tag (stapled & covered in shipping tape) nearly torn off between the pier's porters and our cabin.

I'm spending a lot on a cruise & the luggage tag holders are cheap insurance at about $3 each and the same holders were available in the ship's shop.

I agree with the above. While we've never lost our tags using the print and staple method, on our last cruise our cabin was near the freight elevators. We noticed several bags without tags and several tags on the ground. Glad we used the tag holders we got from Amazon.

Cheers.

No, they're not mailed to those in suites.

After printing, I cut them to size, place clear packing tape over the printed side, and then wrap them around a luggage handle and secure with the same tape before boarding.

Enjoy your first Princess cruise...

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

I also use the clear tape, but I punch a hole at the ends, using a twist tie to secure it to the luggage

We print extra copies of the luggage tags and put one in the front pocket of the luggage in case it gets torn off. We also put one in our carry ons.

Edited by FritzG

We print extra copies of the luggage tags and put one in the front pocket of the luggage in case it gets torn off. We also put one in our carry ons.

We do the same thing plus put one inside of each bag.

The Serendipity holders also provides a PDF for luggage lost by airlines. I print out the form with a red bordered instruction to check the tag when luggage is lost. On the inside I add my travel itinerary without home info to hopefully have lost luggage catch up with me. Online travel websites sell similar tags for lost luggage but with the Serendipity tag holder it's available for free...their holders are usable for lost bags or for my cruise ship luggage tags. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Do suites get mailed their luggage tags or do I print myself?

First time on Princess, not sure how they do it.

Thanks

You print them out yourself. I put them in plastic luggage tags that I got from CC. I think I got 5 tags for $4 or $5 dollars not sure.

Tony