BBB Crème Brûlée

I like it...when it's prepared properly ;) I think whether you like it or not mostly depends on whether you like custard.

During my earlier RCI cruises, I used to order it every night, and loved it. They used to serve it with biscotti as well (not any more in my experience). During my last couple of cruises, I didn't enjoy it as much. Possibly because the gallery crew didn't do a good job of it. The hard caramel layer wasn't prepared properly...and wasn't uniformly hard. :rolleyes:

I've since derived more enjoyment out of the key lime pie, the lemon meringue pie, the chocolate brownie (from the kids' menu - yes, an adult can order it), and others.

I like it...when it's prepared properly ;) I think whether you like it or not mostly depends on whether you like custard.

During my earlier RCI cruises, I used to order it every night, and loved it. They used to serve it with biscotti as well (not any more in my experience). During my last couple of cruises, I didn't enjoy it as much. Possibly because the gallery crew didn't do a good job of it. The hard caramel layer wasn't prepared properly...and wasn't uniformly hard. :rolleyes:

I've since derived more enjoyment out of the key lime pie, the lemon meringue pie, the chocolate brownie (from the kids' menu - yes, an adult can order it), and others.

I love the chocolate brownie and have it every night on a cruise.

Does the chocolate brownie have nuts in it? I have this thing that things that should be chewy like brownies and cake should NOT crunch. (No, I don't eat carrot cake either - for that reason.)

I'm with you, it should be chewy with no nuts. I also don't like when it has chunks of chocolate. A nice plain chewy brownie and I'm in heaven.:)

I think it's pretty good. I usually get it once per cruise, quality from time to time varies though I've had very good and also very runny. Living in Florida we are spoiled with many great places to get Key Lime Pie but I've actually found the ones served onboard aren't actually too bad at all.

I love regular creme brulee but the BBB brulee on RC is horrible.

I agree. I am a crème brulee lover. My favorite dessert. Just got off the Adventure last week and had it only once. And that was way to often. The consistency was all off -- more jello than what it should be. Two bites and done. Such a disappointment.

Basically, I was not impressed all week with the dessert menu. Good thing I'm not a dessert lover:).

IMHO it's the best dessert on the ship! I usually get it three or four times during a cruise. Some of the responses above are the first time I have heard anybody say anything bad, or even questionable, about it. Try it once and make your own decision.

OMG YES!!! When we went on the NOS last May I got it the first night, loved it, tried the chilled banana rum soup (tasted like a bowl of pureed bananas and that was it), then got the BBB Creme Brûlée the rest of the time. It doesn't disappoint!

OMG YES!!! When we went on the NOS last May I got it the first night, loved it, tried the chilled banana rum soup (tasted like a bowl of pureed bananas and that was it), then got the BBB Creme Brûlée the rest of the time. It doesn't disappoint!

I agree 99% of the time. Once it was too runny, but out of a gazillion, well at least 20 times, that's not too bad

Just off Adventure and it was just ok. Wouldn't order it again. I enjoyed the sherbet most of all for dessert every evening. Also they have hand dipped ice cream in the Windjammer. :)

Yeah, but that is one flavor, two if you are lucky. Vanilla and chocolate, "if you are lucky."

Thank you for the replies. I was kind of excited when I saw it on a menu since I love Creme Brûlée. I have had some very good and some not so good so I thought I would see what the forum folks thought. Husband said yum to the brownie so I am sure he will try it.

Joyce