Live from Solstice - May 13th 2016

SetU2

Now we know we're on a cruise.

ee85bae3f09b8f21d38eeca2e4555349.jpg

We started out early Tuesday, our 30th Anniversary. Since it was a special day, and I was offered a nice deal, we upgraded to 1st class on our flight from Minneapolis to Seattle. It was one of the better travel days I've had. 10 minutes from baggage to gate and fast turnaround on rental car once landed. We toured Pikes Market that day and caught a Mariners game in the evening.

c71db50923da345f11ae31aea445f701.jpg

Wednesday we went up to Snoqualmie Falls and also got a great tour of Seattle. Thursday we hit a few more tourist spots and rested up.

We got to the pier this morning at 10:30 and had about a 45 minute line. This being the first cruise out of Seattle for the year, they were training in many new people at the pier. I think this slowed things up a bit. Our cabin is 1623, an Aqua just behind the hump. We hung out at Cafe Al Bacio until our rooms were ready a little before 1pm. We quickly unpacked and then explored a bit before grabbing a quick bite at the Oceanview buffet.

And here, at the Martini Bar is where you joined in with me. My name is Chuck and my wife is Shannon (the Martini drinker). I will add some room photos later and add several posts throughout the cruise. We do have excursions planned at each stop. I'm no real photographer but will try my best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Unlimited Xcelerate Internet package at $140. I could add a second device for $70 but have no need. The download currently tested is 3.11 down and .34 up with a 630ms ping. I'll post a few other tests for comparison. This is our first Celebrity cruise so I have nothing to compare the Molecular bar to, but it is still on the ship. Any specific questions and I'll try to answer. We have Filet on the menu so we will certainly eat at Blu tonight. We are going to our muster station in about 15 minutes. Here is a view from the door. You can see the bubbles and canapés and we do have foot stools.

6cd306481ecf592c5560baf3d208cdbb.jpg

Will be on there next week. Will be looking at the web cam for your sail away in 12 min. we also have a AQ so will be looking forward to yoyur thioughts on Blu.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!:p

Will be on there next week. Will be looking at the web cam for your sail away in 12 min. we also have a AQ so will be looking forward to yoyur thioughts on Blu.

What web cam, I can't find one working. Please let me know I would love to see it.

How can I find the web cam for the Solstice in Seattle. I really want to watch it. Thanks.

You sure got great weather to sailaway. What luck. Hope you were out on deck for awhile. So glad you go to see our Mariners. Love your pic but thought I would give you one of the ship as you were boarding. I was out driving around my hometown today and snapped this. Enjoy and have a great cruise.

Solstice2016.png

Fist time I have seen Evening Chic mentioned. Not sure what this means yet. I am also interested in your review of BLU. We are on Solstice June 17 in AQ and last time we only ate once in BLU, not enough variety for us. Thanks for news and photos.

Oh thanks for the live review! And pleased to know despite the rumours on here, that AQ is still alive and kicking!

Doing this very cruise in a few weeks time - cannot wait. Thanks for Blu menus' helps me decide which nights to dine in speciality.

Have a great cruise - weather looks lovely in Seattle!

Fist time I have seen Evening Chic mentioned. Not sure what this means yet. I am also interested in your review of BLU. We are on Solstice June 17 in AQ and last time we only ate once in BLU, not enough variety for us. Thanks for news and photos.

Click on "search this forum" and use keywords evening chic and there are quite a few posts on the subject. Remember it's a dress code topic so plenty of opinions!

Phil

Hi

Great review, we are sailing on Solstice for the first time in 2018,

We have sailed on the Eclipse and the Equinox,

If you have time can you ask when the ship is being refurbished and will

They be adding the other restaurants and replacing the Hot Glass Show.

Thanks

thanks for the live updates....will be watching this thread with great interest. We will be cruising on Solstice for the first time in November from Sydney Australia to New Zealand. Also travelling Aqua Class so tips for blu etc will be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy your cruise

cheers

Belinda

So for those thinking that Aqua has slipped below Concierge in aMenities, that rumor is certainly not true. Aqua gets all of the Concierge benefits with the exception of the sail away lunch. I'm sitting in Cafe al Bacio catching up a bit while waiting for my wife. After our fire drill, which only lasted about 20 minutes, we went up and toured the Persian Gardens, which is free for Aqua. They do sell up to 30 passes at $99 for the cruise or $25 for a day pass. Here are the heated loungers.

4ce5b22e08e27cb21d8cd9277ea63b1d.jpg

Just below this is the Relaxation Room. There was an attendant outside making sure Spa guests or Aqua only used the space. Might be a good place to kick back and read maybe.

043f11a7e89d45f21a6208a97e0d14b2.jpg

We had our 30th anniversary dinner last night in Blu. Shannon is a very selective eater and we talked with our waiter. They are very much willing to accommodate her and obviously just want her to be happy. The service and food were both wonderful.

It took me a bit to figure out how to use our shower this morning but the jets sure loosened up a few muscles and was wonderful. Not having anything to compare with, the towels, soaps, and shampoo was fine. The robes are nice as are the loofah slippers. Our attendant introduced himself and will be bringing our canapés each day at 3:30. He also brought a nice tote bag we might use on excursions.

Today is a sea day and once my wife arrives we will again go up to Blu. She has a whole schedule of things planned while I'm more the lets see what the day brings type. Cruises are great at accommodating both those attitudes. We will likely book another cruise while onboard and would have no issues with going Aqua again.

I'll maybe update again later today. Tomorrow we are in Ketchikan where we are taking a floatplane adventure. It looks like we will continue to have decent weather so the views should be fantastic.

If Brent Nixon, I think that was his name, is still on, don't miss his lectures (beyond the podium).

From the dailies that were posted by the OP it appears that Brent Nixon, as well as his wife Miss Amanda, are both on the Solstice again this season. We sailed the final leg last September on Solstice from Seattle to Vancouver and we really enjoyed all of their performances...I know they're listed as 'talks' but they are definitely entertaining as well as informative. You can't miss either one of their series. Brent talks about the wildlife you'll see and Miss Amanda gives background on the actual port cities.

We had a fabulous time onboard and wish the OP congratulations on his anniversary!!