EZ Air ticket question

kayred

I've booked my flight through princess will they send me a ticket? I see I can print my itinerary but what about my delta flight ticket??

No, they will not send you a physical ticket. The reservation is e-ticketed. You can go to the Delta website, log in with your reservation # and print it out.

Almost no airline does paper tickets anymore except for a few very special situations. I've never used Princess EZ Air but I assume it's an electronic ticket. You can call Delta to check but I almost guarantee its an electronic ticket.

Almost no airline does paper tickets anymore except for a few very special situations. I've never used Princess EZ Air but I assume it's an electronic ticket. You can call Delta to check but I almost guarantee its an electronic ticket.

Yes, it is an eticket. No paper ticket is produced or needed.

Perhaps there's no need for a ticket, but everyone needs a boarding pass. A boarding pass can be printed or sent to your electronic device within 24 hours of a flight or obtained at the airport.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

I've booked my flight through princess will they send me a ticket? I see I can print my itinerary but what about my delta flight ticket??

You've received answers to your question but I'd recommend to regularly check the Delta website for any changes which can happen no matter how you book your flights.

All airlines make changes & they do not always notify passengers who need to be proactive to minimize the chances of learning about an unwelcome change when checking in for a flight. I've had flight numbers, aircraft type, routing and seats changed & only get notified about half of the time. When discovering an unworkable change, I contact the airline to seek corrections or necessary changes that work with my travel plans. By quickly discovering changes & contacting the airline ASAP it's more likely to correct problems created by any type of flight changes.

Unfortunately nowadays it's buyer beware & we cannot assume that airlines (or any other travel company) will not make a mistake resulting in adversely affecting travelers. :(

Soon after you book a flight using EZair, you can go to that airline's webpage and see the reservation (you need the 6 character reservation number EZair will give you). On the airline's website you can pick/change seating if available. All you will need is a boarding pass which you can get online and print out or at the airport kiosk or counter. Airline tickets are a relic of the past and not used anymore. It is all done on a computer.

Airlines alter their schedules every quarter and sometimes quicker. Flight numbers and times change. Flights are canceled and replaced so you need to keep abreast of changes. Sometimes they will notify you and sometimes not so always keep checking. The changes are done by computer of course with no human assistance so you can end up with really difficult reservations. Once you find out the changes, call the airline if you don't like them and they will work with you. There is no charge to correct any changes that they made. Finally Princess will monitor the changes but they are only looking at arrival times before a cruise and departure times after a cruise so that they comply with ship departure and arrival times.

We have done EZair on international flights and found them to be great and way less expensive than what the airlines wanted.

We have done EZair on international flights and found them to be great and way less expensive than what the airlines wanted.

We've done EZair and found them to sometimes be a lot less than booking thru the airline directly. In other cases we have found them to be slightly more (our upcoming international flight).

Thank you everyone that is a big help. I was expecting to print it but couldn't find where. Feeling silly for not thinking of going to delta. As always I get the best help here. Thank you again.

Yesterday I re-booked a flight through flexible e-z air.We are about 50 days out so were able to do it. We are going with 8 in the family so saved a couple of hundred bucks doing it.

Today I notice the flight is gone from my booking and have to wait till Monday for Princess air to open.Delta said the reservation is not ticketed yet so I don't know how it is going to work.Now all the flights are much higher but I am hoping Delta will let us go on the 8:15 flight,as we originally had an 8:30 flight.

The flight number we had is going to another place now.

Since Princess has not purchased ticket,just reserved,don't know how this is going to pan out.Anyone have a similar experience?

With a number of airlines you don't need the printed boarding pass as you can download your boarding pass to your phone and the agent just scan's the bar code. It's simple & easy.

Tom😎

Yesterday I re-booked a flight through flexible e-z air.We are about 50 days out so were able to do it. We are going with 8 in the family so saved a couple of hundred bucks doing it.

Today I notice the flight is gone from my booking and have to wait till Monday for Princess air to open.Delta said the reservation is not ticketed yet so I don't know how it is going to work.Now all the flights are much higher but I am hoping Delta will let us go on the 8:15 flight,as we originally had an 8:30 flight.

The flight number we had is going to another place now.

Since Princess has not purchased ticket,just reserved,don't know how this is going to pan out.Anyone have a similar experience?

yes, we had a flight change that didn't get confirmed and we lost our original booking and price.

Was your new booking confirmed?

I learned last week that unless you request it, Princess does not actually ticket your flight until 45 days before the cruise. They have reserved a spot on the plane for you so that it will not sell out, but they have not sent the money to Delta. You CAN get around this by sending a form to Princess requesting that they ticket the flight immediately, but this will lose the flex feature of your booking (if the price changes, you are stuck). However, if Delta changes your flight after it has been booked, they have to re-ticket you to the same destination at the original price and you CAN work with them to get a suitable flight if the one they "assign" doesn't fit your needs. Yes, I've had to do this.

This all came about when I was trying to book seats as far forward as possible due to a mobility problem with one of our party. Delta was very helpful, but said they cannot make a seat assignment "stick" until the flight has been ticketed. This resulted in my call to Princess asking why, when I had already paid for the cruise and the air, they had not paid Delta. Thus the whole explanation.

Bottom line--on flex fares, Princess has reserved a seat at the stated price but has not actually purchased that seat. That is how they allow you to change flights, grab better rates if available, etc. Once ticketed, it is a "done deal."

Thank you everyone that is a big help. I was expecting to print it but couldn't find where. Feeling silly for not thinking of going to delta. As always I get the best help here. Thank you again.
Make sure you manage your Delta reservation to provide you with phone or text notification of changes.

We once had Delta phone us at about 2 AM the morning of our flights that day to say they had changed our flight and rebooked our connection for a different flight. All flight times were changed at the last minute. We went from having over 4 hours before our cruise to arriving in FLL at the same time the ship was scheduled to sail.

Everything worked out fine.Checked today and my flight was changed to a flight 15 minutes earlier and coming home was 13 minutes later.When I checked I saw my booking changed but not the other 3 bookings.Called Princess and they changed the other bookings,so we are now all on the same flight and got to keep the new price.

Originally they said air department was closed weekends,but they were there today.

Everything worked out fine.Checked today and my flight was changed to a flight 15 minutes earlier and coming home was 13 minutes later.When I checked I saw my booking changed but not the other 3 bookings.Called Princess and they changed the other bookings,so we are now all on the same flight and got to keep the new price.

Originally they said air department was closed weekends,but they were there today.

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

I learned last week that unless you request it' date=' Princess does not actually ticket your flight until 45 days before the cruise. They have reserved a spot on the plane for you so that it will not sell out, but they have not sent the money to Delta. You CAN get around this by sending a form to Princess requesting that they ticket the flight immediately, but this will lose the flex feature of your booking (if the price changes, you are stuck). However, if Delta changes your flight after it has been booked, they have to re-ticket you to the same destination at the original price and you CAN work with them to get a suitable flight if the one they "assign" doesn't fit your needs. Yes, I've had to do this.

This all came about when I was trying to book seats as far forward as possible due to a mobility problem with one of our party. Delta was very helpful, but said they cannot make a seat assignment "stick" until the flight has been ticketed. This resulted in my call to Princess asking why, when I had already paid for the cruise and the air, they had not paid Delta. Thus the whole explanation.

Bottom line--on flex fares, Princess has reserved a seat at the stated price but has not actually purchased that seat. That is how they allow you to change flights, grab better rates if available, etc. Once ticketed, it is a "done deal."[/quote']

Thanks for the easy to understand explanation of the process when booking a flight using EZ Air.

Edited by Astro Flyer

And just to complete the loop--I obtained the form from Princess and faxed it back to them on Thursday, May 12. They require this to be sent via fax rather than e-mail...I don't ask, I just try to follow instructions.

I called Delta today (5/15) and was able to secure the seats we needed, having learned from my previous calls that Delta "blocks" certain seats for special needs and that these can not be seen on line and can only be booked by calling Delta. On 2 of the 4 flights, we were assigned to seats that showed up on line as "not available."

Edited by moki'smommy