Emerald Princess to sail South America/Cape Horn in 2017/18

shipfriend_max

Hi @all,

from intern sources I know Emerald is due to sail on the South America cruises around Cape Horn in the winter period between Dec 2017 and March 2018! :)

Also Island Princess is about to sail South America, on a 60 day roundtrip from LA, circumnavigating South America!! :eek:

We want to do South America also, but was hoping for the 49 day from LA to Ft Lauderdale. Wonder if 60 days will go across Panama Canal to get back to LA? Will be watching this one, we love sea days!

Hope this news is true! I'm looking at South America for 2018 and Emerald is one of my favorite ships! :)

I know it from 100% reliable sources - so yes, she is due to sail South America! :)

i am sorry for my mistake - the 60 nighter on Island is from/to Fort Lauderdale, not LA!!

Actually, you have a bad source. We have the 2017/18 itineraries. The Emerald will be on the West Coast beginning early October 2017.... then, she will do Mexico and Coastals until April 27, 2018, where she's going to Alaska....

Itineraries were posted here a couple of days ago....

Actually, you have a bad source. We have the 2017/18 itineraries. The Emerald will be on the West Coast beginning early October 2017.... then, she will do Mexico and Coastals until April 27, 2018, where she's going to Alaska....

Itineraries were posted here a couple of days ago....

It appears you have overlooked the rather large gap in Emerald's Los Angeles schedule between the last Mexico cruise on 17-Nov-17 and the Hawaii Tahiti & Samoa cruise on 30-Mar-18. By process of elimination it is a very safe deduction that Emerald will be in South America December thru March.

Actually, you may be right, however, it doesn't make much sense... We shall see! It would be great to have a RT from LA...

Oooh, thanks for correcting me, miss teacher... :rolleyes: :D

My source is not as bad as your guesses - and dear Lady, look at the past/present deployments, also Star Princess was deployed at Weest Coast in fall and spring, and during the winter period she was sailing South America - nearly the same is true for Crown, but she is heading to Florida in March 2017.

But thank you VERY MUCH for explaining me how bad my source is... :D :p

Hope this is posted for booking soon. Thanks for the info, Max.

For the America 2017/18, a schedule file has been uploaded: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2354813

But apparently the document for Exotics 2017/18 has not been released yet, which includes Emerald Princess South America, Sapphire Princess Far East from Singapore, and the huge South America cruise of Island Princess.

Or does anybody know where it exists?

For the America 2017/18, a schedule file has been uploaded: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2354813

But apparently the document for Exotics 2017/18 has not been released yet, which includes Emerald Princess South America, Sapphire Princess Far East from Singapore, and the huge South America cruise of Island Princess.

Or does anybody know where it exists?

The Island 60 day R/T from FLL is on the website now (no pricing yet). But still nothing on the Emerald.

Emerald will depart Los Angeles on December 7, 2017 and sail around Cape Horn to Rio and then back and forth between Santiago and Buenos Aires a few times around the horn and will come back to LA on March 30, 2018. No FLL. It's not being sold as one cruise, you'll have to book multiple cruises to do the whole thing.

Edited by bld331

Emerald will depart Los Angeles on December 7, 2017 and sail around Cape Horn to Rio and then back and forth between Santiago and Buenos Aires a few times around the horn and will come back to LA on March 30, 2018. No FLL. It's not being sold as one cruise, you'll have to book multiple cruises to do the whole thing.

When will these cruises show up on the Princess site?

Thank you for this info.

I wait for the Cape Hoorn cruises in 2017/2018.

We hoped for a cruise from Valparaiso to FLL. It seems we have to be prepared for a cruise from Buenos Aires (hope for Rio) to Los Angeles. This will be fine too, will give us a good possibility to see LA.

Only a few more days and I will know what princess can do for us:)

Thanks again for share your info

I haven't been able to see this cruise. Are you possible to post the itinerary?

That 60 day itinerary on the Island Princess was evidently released in error. It disappeared from the website a couple of hours after I posted that it was available. I saved it in my "My Princess" saved cruises, but as soon as it disappeared from the website it began showing just an error message there too.

All I remember is that it started with 5 or 6 ports in the Caribbean and made its first S.A. stop at Devil's Island French Guiana before circumnavigating the continent. It included a 3 day stay in Rio and a 2 day stay in Buenos Aries and in Lima before its canal transit, finally stopping in Cartegena and Aruba before making it back to FLL. As I remember there were 30 or 31 port days in total.

I'm hearing that the Emerald Princess itineraries will be released on May 26th. It's a good bet that that this cruise will be (re) released then also.

That 60 day itinerary on the Island Princess was evidently released in error. It disappeared from the website a couple of hours after I posted that it was available. I saved it in my "My Princess" saved cruises, but as soon as it disappeared from the website it began showing just an error message there too.

All I remember is that it started with 5 or 6 ports in the Caribbean and made its first S.A. stop at Devil's Island French Guiana before circumnavigating the continent. It included a 3 day stay in Rio and a 2 day stay in Buenos Aries and in Lima before its canal transit, finally stopping in Cartegena and Aruba before making it back to FLL. As I remember there were 30 or 31 port days in total.

I'm hearing that the Emerald Princess itineraries will be released on May 26th. It's a good bet that that this cruise will be (re) released then also.

Many thanks for your post.