Grill At Pool Nieuw Amsterdam

lilbabs

Oh, yes. There sure is. It's called Dive-In and has some really tasty burgers cooked to order. They also have fries, frizzled onions, hot dogs, and I can't remember what else. There's a menu, but you can add or subtract ingredients from the offered selections.

You place your order at the counter and they will give you a buzzer. When the buzzer goes off, just return and pick up your order.

The Dive In is very popular and the queue starts before it opens for the day.

You will LOVE the Dive-In burgers and dogs -- and the French fries are great, too!!! I took a dear friend on a cruise in March on the Nieuw Amsterdam and she is a bit of a picky eater. She is still raving about the burgers from the Dive In!

We were on the NA in April and found the burgers at the Dive-In greatly improved. I didn't like their fries but my husband did. Liked the buzzer system too-gave us time to play a few more card games!

On Westerdam, they also had a small buffet, maybe eight feet long, with salads and make your own tacos. They may have varied the buffet but that was what it was when we went there.

That sounds like the old grill - with burgers, hot dogs and pizza by the slice. No salad bar at Dive-in (although its only about 20 feet to the Lido salad bar)

For me, one of the advantages of thr buzzer system that works anywhere on Lido Deck is that one can find a table, obtain whatever other food items one might want (i.e. salad vegetables, drink, dessert) and get them to one's table prior to the time the buzzer informs one that the sandwich is ready for pick-up.

I see some guests "standing around" the Dive-In and sometimes complaining about the "wait". I have to wonder why they are not better able to use this time.

I have not been able to try all of the menu items available at Dive-In, but what I have consumed have been very good. As a previous poster mentioned, the Cannonball is probably my favorite!

Tip: You're not locked in to the predefined choices on the Dive In menu. We did a little experimenting and got pretty close to an In-N-Out Double Double. :)

Tip: You're not locked in to the predefined choices on the Dive In menu. We did a little experimenting and got pretty close to an In-N-Out Double Double. :)

That's what I do. I read the board for what's in all the offerings, and pretty much think of them as a list of ingredients. Then I build a burger the way I want.

Since the burgers are made to order, why not.

That sounds like the old grill - with burgers, hot dogs and pizza by the slice. No salad bar at Dive-in (although its only about 20 feet to the Lido salad bar)

It wasn't part of the lido. It was right next to the Dive-in. Maybe 10 feet.

On Westerdam, they also had a small buffet, maybe eight feet long, with salads and make your own tacos. They may have varied the buffet but that was what it was when we went there.

It's not a salad bar, but a taco bar where one can make their own tacos, nachos, fajitas, etc. It is the same taco bar that existed in the pre Dive In days.