Molecular Bar

Beo67

I have a strange feeling that it may disappear when she goes to Singapore for drydock sept/oct. if this is so then I will miss out on visiting this amazing bar as we are on her in November. best of luck for having it on your cruise..

cheers

Belinda

I'm so happy we will be able to enjoy it for one more cruise....we tried the world bar on the last cruise and in my opinion it does not even compare. The drinks were just not as good :(

LOVED the Molecular Bar and was soooo disappointed in the World Class bar on the Equinox in March 2016. Unfriendly bartender, poor service and mediocre drink. We had one drink there, and spent the rest of the cruise mostly at the Martini bar for our drinks.

Did I say disappointed? SOOOOO disappointed. Celebrity can do better.

I'm glad I had my full fix at the Molecular Bar on Solstice from Hawaii to Vancouver this Spring. Tanned Russian , Dragonfly for me & Berry Nutty for DH

Molecular Bar will be converted to World Class Bar in June 2016.

Very disappointed...was looking forward to one last cruise with the Molecular Bar intact!! We cruised on the Equinox in March 2016 and gave the World Bar a try...first three nights we were there and the rest of the cruise never went back...drinks were just okay...everyone that was there felt the same way that we did. If you cant keep Molecular Bar at least bring something back that is comparable.

On my March Equinox cruise I went to the World Bar every night for cocktails! Loved it!!! Ditto for my Nov cruise... Can't wait to get there again, I am now making some of those cocktails at home. I love the ones the bartenders made up for me based on what I liked on the menu! And the 'special Bloody Mary' was unbelievable!! Thank you Celebrity for this bar...

In my opinion the World Class Bar is a World Class waste of space. We went there on the Reflection in April, the bartenders were arrogant, there was NO lounge service and I couldn't even drink the "world class" drink. I asked for a recommendation and the bartender said, I don't know what you like....Celebrity, get rid of this bar!!!!

In my opinion the World Class Bar is a World Class waste of space. We went there on the Reflection in April, the bartenders were arrogant, there was NO lounge service and I couldn't even drink the "world class" drink. I asked for a recommendation and the bartender said, I don't know what you like....Celebrity, get rid of this bar!!!!

Looks like it will take a real loss of revenue for them to get the point....so sad:rolleyes: Well that's one place we won't be visiting!

Actually I seldom saw people at the Molecular bar on my cruises and I like the change to the world World Class Bar.

I suggest you see for yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Must agree with the majority on here. We loved the Molecular bar on our first Equinox cruise and we were looking forward to it on the Silhouette, but unfortunately it had already changed to the Waste of Space World Bar. Agree with the unfriendly bartender observation and never saw more than 4 people there the entire cruise. Can't understand why they take a well like popular place and install this loser????

I am sure it was probably to save a few dollars

Must agree with the majority on here. We loved the Molecular bar on our first Eq......

I am sure it was probably to save a few dollars

To each his own opinion- however put. That said, neither side is budging in a request for information.

Fact, is that in Mar 2015, Celebrity did not renew its contract with Junior Marino's absolutely awesome Molecular Bar. The contract expired three months later, with a programmed phase out on all ships; Solstice will close it's bar and convert to a world-class this month and that will be it [emoji20]

Certainly it was to save a few dollars, but on who's side no one can responsibly say.

From what I was told by an Eclipse Mixologist who oversaw the turnover, Junior's contract came up for renewal and he was the one to ask for a larger cut, one Celebrity turned down.

Either way- including your comments, I haven't heard one positive thing about the WCB yet from anyone.

More coffee and martinis I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bob221b1

Can anyone advise when the Molecular Bar will finally be changed to the World Bar on the Solstice? Fingers crossed it is till there September 9th! Thanks!

Sorry.. It's this month.

Edited by bob221b1

To each his own opinion- however put. That said, neither side is budging in a request for information.

Fact, is that in Mar 2015, Celebrity did not renew its contract with Junior Marino's absolutely awesome Molecular Bar. The contract expired three months later, with a programmed phase out on all ships; Solstice will close it's bar and convert to a world-class this month and that will be it [emoji20]

Certainly it was to save a few dollars, but on who's side no one can responsibly say.

From what I was told by an Eclipse Mixologist who oversaw the turnover, Junior's contract came up for renewal and he was the one to ask for a larger cut, one Celebrity turned down.

Either way- including your comments, I haven't heard one positive thing about the WCB yet from anyone.

More coffee and martinis I suppose.

I said positive things about the WCB! I went every night and loved it! Tried all the drinks more than once and the bartenders made up different drinks for me also! The Molecular Bar was always empty when I was on the Eclipse a few years ago.

Loved the Molecular Bar!!

Spent 17 nights at the Molecular Bar on Solstice in 2014 from Hawaii to Sydney. Great drinks and great/friendly bartenders. Was definitely one of the many highlights of our trip. And it was packed every night!