11 nights in Luminae

patty1955

The staff is more than happy to bring a salad at any meal. You can even request what you'd like in it, if available. Every dinner we had a side of steamed vegetables. At lunch, they easily put together a grilled chicken salad. Enjoy!

Yum! I'm hungry all over again after seeing your photo's and recently spent 15 days on Infinity - dined mostly in Luminae. We did occasionally order salad or other items from the MDR menu too.

Thanks, Patty, for the amazing pictures! They bring back wonderful memories, though you had many things we didn't choose so it was good to see pictures of what we missed. The chocolate desserts were superb in Luminae, but that almond cake was my favorite!

Looking forward to 14 days of Luminae on our next cruise - looks like we will have some new favorites!

Thanks patty! So excited for our cruise in 2 weeks. What were your favorites of all you ate?

Everything was excellent. It's all perfectly cooked and very tasty. We learned pretty quickly to leave off the sauce, otherwise it was just too rich.

The ribs were really good and the octopus. My husband loved the crab cakes. Every night, there was an amuse bouche before the appetizer and a palate cleanser before dessert. They were actually some of my favorite things.

The only thing I didn't like was the scallops. Scallops are my favorite food and they just didn't taste good. They weren't old or turned, they just didn't taste like scallops

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Patty, the pics looks really great, I tried to reach into your pics to grab a bite, i guess I'll have to wait for my cruise.

You'll notice that some of the dishes have a bite taken from them when the picture was taken. One dish disappeared so quickly, I had to ask our neighbors if I could take a picture of theirs.

You'll notice that some of the dishes have a bite taken from them when the picture was taken. One dish disappeared so quickly, I had to ask our neighbors if I could take a picture of theirs.

I understand. We took very few pictures. We just gobbled.....

Thanks for the pictures, they bring back great memories.

Last cruise was our first in Blu - and I swore I wouldn't like it -- LOVED IT. Next cruise is 15 nights in Luminae - and looking at these photos - I swear I won't like it. Guess I know that I'll have Blu for a back up. ;)

Edited by Jane2357

11.png

SMOKED DUCK BREAST Quinoa/Carrot/Citrus

IMG_0713.jpg

HAMACHI Shaved Fennel/Crispy Capers/Salsa Verde

IMG_0714.jpg

SPAGHETTI CARBONARA Pancetta/Roasted Garlic/Poached Egg/Italian Parsley

IMG_0715.jpg

PAD THAI NOODLES Stir Fried Vegetables/Peanuts/Mint/ Man Pla

IMG_0716.jpg

They all looked good, but none knocked my socks off. I remember the Queens Grill on the QM2. You could go off menu any time. I would hope Luminae offers that as well.

Thanks for taking the time to post these great pictures. I don't think we will ever have the opportunity to book a suite so this gave me a "taste" for Luminae which I otherwise wouldn't have experienced.

Everything was excellent. It's all perfectly cooked and very tasty. We learned pretty quickly to leave off the sauce, otherwise it was just too rich.

The ribs were really good and the octopus. My husband loved the crab cakes. Every night, there was an amuse bouche before the appetizer and a palate cleanser before dessert. They were actually some of my favorite things.

The only thing I didn't like was the scallops. Scallops are my favorite food and they just didn't taste good. They weren't old or turned, they just didn't taste like scallops

That makes me just plain sad. I hope they are awesome when we cruise!

Awesome pictures OP.:)

• 2 months later...

Loved loved loved your pics!! even though I will not be one of the ones who gets to experience this place on our upcoming cruise on Silhouette. Gives me an idea though (I hope) of what we might experience food-wise, although to a lesser degree I'm sure.

I noticed that the menu is quite small although the food looks beautiful! Is there any way that you can order large tossed salads or just plain steak, chicken or fish? I'm thinking that some evenings I may want something plain rather than fussy.

I noticed that the menu is quite small although the food looks beautiful! Is there any way that you can order large tossed salads or just plain steak, chicken or fish? I'm thinking that some evenings I may want something plain rather than fussy.

I've heard that you can order plainer food but I don't have any experience with that. The sauces are offered separately so you can leave your food plainer. We started leaving the sauces off after the rich food started to get to be a bit much.

You can also eat in the MDR or Blu if you prefer.