New bedding--schedule of ships?

moki'smommy

Easily found on the Princess website:

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/princess-luxury-bed/

*The Princess Luxury Bed is now available on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess, Coral Princess and Sun Princess and will debut on board Grand Princess (Dec 2016), Caribbean Princess (Mar 2017), Golden Princess (Apr 2017), Pacific Princess (May 2017), Sea Princess and Star Princess (Nov 2017), Royal Princess (Feb 2018), Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018), Regal Princess (Apr 2018), Crown Princess (Apr 2018) and Island Princess (Apr 2018). Please note this schedule is subject to change.

Full Suite and Club Class guests receive priority rollout of The Princess Luxury Bed. See Club Class schedule for details.

Does anyone have a schedule of when the new bedding will be installed on the various ships?

Yes' date=' after having a "worst bed ever" situation, it might well influence what we will or will not book.[/quote']

What ship were you on with the "worst bed ever"?

Tony

Caribbean Princess, December 2015. One bed was OK, but the other bed was awful.

OK, I'm still not finding Diamond Princess. Either I can't read the above post, or they are hiding it. In fairness, I did check the website first and found the announcement that said phasing in between now and 2018,but not the specific schedule as posted.

• 2 months later...

*The Princess Luxury Bed is now available on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess, Coral Princess and Sun Princess and will debut on board Grand Princess (Dec 2016), Caribbean Princess (Mar 2017), Golden Princess (Apr 2017), Pacific Princess (May 2017), Sea Princess and Star Princess (Nov 2017), Royal Princess (Feb 2018), Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018), Regal Princess (Apr 2018), Crown Princess (Apr 2018) and Island Princess (Apr 2018). Please note this schedule is subject to change.

Caribbean Princess' date=' December 2015. One bed was OK, but the other bed was awful.

OK, I'm still not finding Diamond Princess. Either I can't read the above post, or they are hiding it. In fairness, I did check the website first and found the announcement that said phasing in between now and 2018,but not the specific schedule as posted.[/quote']

Next schedule is march28 to April 05,2017 I guess they will do new beds then.

Thanks for posting. Looks like we will not see the new beds until next summer. Our cruises later this year and early next year are on ships with the old beds. I have no problem sleeping on the old beds so I am not sure what these new beds will do for me. I like the harder beds.

According to the schedule, the Sun Princess was supposed to have the new beds...not so.:mad: My husband had to tolerate a 'sprung' bed for 24 days in May. My side just had what looked like a comforter/protector and it didn't fee "luxurious". Princess must have run out of them for our cabin, because the passengers we spoke to had them.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

I'm going to be on the Royal before they get the new beds. Will I be able to get an egg crate mattress topper if I find the current bed too hard?

I've found that eggcrate toppers are too often broken down but the newer pillowtop mattress pad covers are much better. They're a limited number of these better pads & if you need one request it ASAP. ;)

When promoting the arrival of the Royal-class ships, Princess stated that every cabin would have an improved pillowtop mattress. I've sailed 6 weeks in that class of ship & while I feel the mattresses are an improvement, they weren't luxury to me but hoping the next version will truly be luxurious. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Its a long rollout for these new mattress's over a couple of years.

In the meantime the current mattress replacement on all ships chugs along and although a mattress may be new it may not be the new line yet.

Although the schedule for the Carib Princess says March 2017, I Know the mattress was the new one. My wife was so impressed she wrote down the manufacture and wanted to order one for our daughter. The new mattress wasn't for sale at that time in the US.

Although the schedule for the Carib Princess says March 2017, I Know the mattress was the new one. My wife was so impressed she wrote down the manufacture and wanted to order one for our daughter. The new mattress wasn't for sale at that time in the US.

That's encouraging to know that their "Please note this schedule is subject to change" disclaimer also means they can be available sooner than later. :)

That's encouraging to know that their "Please note this schedule is subject to change" disclaimer also means they can be available sooner than later. :)

Request, through your TA, a pillow topper before you sail. A bad bed can ruin your trip if you have back problems. We too had the worst bed on the Caribbean Princess in 2014.

Request, through your TA, a pillow topper before you sail. A bad bed can ruin your trip if you have back problems. We too had the worst bed on the Caribbean Princess in 2014.

In the past I've directly contacted Princess to add an eggcrate however when requesting the greatly improved pillowtop pad it was not possible to request it in advance.

Now I check the mattress as soon as I get to my cabin & when necessary ask the cabin steward to add it when possible. Since supply is limited the steward grabs one to put in our cabin until the 1st evening's turndown service.

Yes, a bad mattress can ruin a trip & my worse mattress had crater in it with serving trays stacked between the mattress & the metal mesh support but it didn't help. :(