EFFY Jewelry - quality and repairs

cruisingram1

Four things:

1) I love thread revival meetings

2) All jewelry no matter the retail setting is very heavily marked up. 300%+

3) I would like to see all Princess cruisers buy as much Jewelry, T-shirts, Teddy Bears(Now these sucker are marked up), Liquor and anything else they want to buy while on a cruise. I encourage everyone go to Princess online and buy, buy, buy prior to any cruise and after your cruise of course.

4) :evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

Before you deal with your issue, you have to understand something. ANY BUSINESS making sales on the ship AND CLOSED in port is telegraphing you information. We do not operate under United States laws. Non Princess companies selling chain by the inch, jewelry or art, once off the ship your on your own for customer service. Legally Princess could deny their stuff, but PR comes first

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys and Gals… It’s very pleasant to see some positives being posted by people who care enough to do so and to keep the balance a little…

“Let your Eyes be your Judgment, and your Pocket be your Guide”

… Basically we all have choices in life and purchasing something, be it a can of beans or a piece of fine jewellry, becomes a choice at the moment of payment. NOBODY is forced to buy anything no matter how ‘pushy’ the salesperson is.

When we walk into an Effy/jewellery store, be it on a ship or elsewhere, and we look at the items being offered to us as we stroll the store, first of all, we view the products and not the price. Now, if we like a ring, or necklace or whatever and decide to go further we will ask the price. So, the decision to buy is based on a combination of those two things, our eyes and our pocket. If BOTH are acceptable to us we make the purchase which then instantly becomes an item of memory, and not a price tag.

Buying a memory on a lovely vacation/cruise for us adds to its value, even if an identical item sits in a store elsewhere at a lesser price! That one is someone else’s memory.

…and further, if the item we purchased broke in some way we would then choose to have it fixed, or not… the initial memory would still remain!

When my wife opens her jewellery box to see what she may wear on a special night out, she is looking into a box of wonderful memories and feelings, not a pile of price tags or unanswered complaints, and yes, some of the pieces may be broken or have bits missing, but to her it’s still a very special box of memories of us and the places we have been together…

Blessings to all, and may your God hold you gently in his hand.

Thank you for this. Just returned from a Disney cruise and my husband purchased a beautiful Tanzanite ring for me onboard the Wonder. I rarely wear jewelery but absolutely like this piece. You are so right about these things reminding us of beautiful times and it's the memories that mean most. This will also be a lovely heirloom someday for our daughter. I read just recently in the news when someone marries just for money they earn every penny of that. Perhaps the same can be said for purchasing jewelery.

I bought a $5000.00 piece from Sophia Fiori on the regal in 2015. I spoke to Char as well because I sent my ring in for repairs and they told me they cannot repair it and I have to buy a new ring for $1200.00 from them!!! Which made me wonder if my ring is only worth 1200.00!

After I spoke to Char, I learned that Princess actually does their OWN 5 year warranty on jewelry. Aside from the lie of a "lifetime warranty" from Sophia Fiori. Char is now in the process of determining what kind of shenanigans SF is trying to pull. I'm thankful I was able to reach someone at princess before I sent them money. I want my wedding ring back!

I bought a sapphire and diamond white gold necklace from Effy and had an immediate reaction (I have a severe nickel allergy). I was told there was nothing they could do because the necklace WAS white gold as advertised. I contacted EFFY directly when I returned home via email and explained my issue. Believe it or not, the actual president of the company (Mr Hetmatian himself) contacted me by phone from New York!! He explained that white gold is usually 10K and with my allergy I would need to have 18K white gold or platinum. He said his mother had the same allergic issues! Then he very kindly sent me a beautiful sterling silver chain to hang my pendant on, which was his other recommendation, before I could even go out to buy one myself. I suggest you contact the company directly!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IMO,Effy is cheaply made and overly hyped crap!

I found that out the hard way.

On the other hand- the Kallati jewelry I purchased in a previous cruise is still fabulous, I think I’ll stick with them.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My hubby bought a very expensive ring from effy on a Princess Cruise. I had it for a year and a half and one of the very large diamonds fell out. I sent my ring to NY in May and I have yet to get my ring back. I call and get excuses, no calls from them, only me calling them! I’m very frustrated at this point! Don’t know what else to do about it. This ring cost as much as all my other wedding rings put together! This was a 35th Anniversary present.

I'm just curious what you feel Princess should do to "stand behind products sold on their ships"? I am not aware of princess being in the jewelry business, either sales or repairs. Are you suggesting they should buy back anything sold onboard that breaks? I'm not sure that's a reasonable expectation...

If Princess is selling stuff from shops on their ships, they are in the jewelry business regardless of what you or they claim. If the shops don't support their customers, there has to be some clause in the contract between the shop and princess that allows Princess to terminate the contract. Of course, as long as the shop keeps their rent payments up to date, we can hardly expect Princess to care.

One other thing. We have a friend who buys a good bit of jewelry and knows her stuff. What she says is that if you don't know about jewelry, make sure that you know and trust your jeweler. Effy clearly flunks that test.

DON

I know Effy has not been a jewlery boutique on Princess ships for that long so history of customer service has little track record. But was curious to hear of other's experiences.

I bought a diamond band from Effy on my May cruise and less than two weeks later, one of the diamonds fell out. Reading the reviews on Yelp does not make me very happy. Most people reported difficulty in getting repairs. In my case, I'd like them to just replace the ring as it should not be falling apart in 10 days, but if all else fails, at least repair it without having to jump through hoops. Clearly, the posts on the ring are not very sturdy. Many Yelp reviewers report the same situation with their rings.

I tried calling Princess Boutique, but the contact number from the warranty information just loops around getting back to the same push 1, push 2 push 3 option without anyone ever answering. Just a recorded message to make a copy of you receipt. Finally was able to leave a message for a person after contacting general Princess Customer Service. Have not heard back. I am trying to be patient as they are coming off a holiday weeekend.

I did find out, if all else fails, that the Effy shop at Macy's will accept the ring and send it out for repair, but the gal told me it could be 3 months til it comes back. I feel that Princess should stand behind products sold on their ships, even if they don't directly own the company that is selling the product. And so far, not getting that impression.

Would love to hear if anyone has had success in getting repairs/replacement and who it was that helped them. Best phone contact number, etc? I'm feeling pretty frustrated now.

EFFY is absolute crap:mad: There's that old saying "A fool & his/her money..." Please don't get me started about on board artwork!

One thing we do after every Princess Cruise is write our dissatisfaction on the Post Cruise Survey with both the EFFY Sales people (snooty is too kind of a word) and the poor quality of the jewelry and strongly suggest that they go back to Facets as soon as they can end their contract with EFFY.

I was waiting for my sister in a jewelry store in Juneau. She is “in the business” so I entertain her by taking her to cruise line stores when she visits. While I was there a cruising couple paid $25,000 for a ring! As they were leaving, the woman asked her husband if they should maybe take it somewhere just to see if the stone was real... $25k and they weren’t even sure it was real!