RC Cancels Rhapsody Sailings (April 29 2017)

Is it that time of the year again??

We always seem to catch the super speed boat races when we are staying in the Keys

on the waterfront in November. You indeed can hear them coming from a long ways away!

Cocoa Beach is the first event of the season. I think it was May 14th

We have book the TA Barcelona to Tampa Nov 5 2017

Make sure you look at pricing for the JS ;) I booked an aft JS for the same price as a D1 balcony and only marginally more than D2. Was a no brainier! Also think the IT gnomes forgot to update the gratuity prices as adding pre paid grats only charged me for 7 rather than 14 days :eek: we will see if that "sticks".

And definitely will not be purchasing flights until closer to final pay date. Most likely will use air2sea for the one way international flight to BCN. Does RCCL refund those purchases if cruise is cancelled, or at least provide some fare protections? Or is it the same "screw-you-consumer" change fee only policy?

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Make sure you look at pricing for the JS ;) I booked an aft JS for the same price as a D1 balcony and only marginally more than D2. Was a no brainier! Also think the IT gnomes forgot to update the gratuity prices as adding pre paid grats only charged me for 7 rather than 14 days :eek: we will see if that "sticks".

And definitely will not be purchasing flights until closer to final pay date. Most likely will use air2sea for the one way international flight to BCN. Does RCCL refund those purchases if cruise is cancelled, or at least provide some fare protections? Or is it the same "screw-you-consumer" change fee only policy?

Are you traveling solo ?

We are lowly steerage as someone has to feed the boilers

With the CAD 30% lower than the USD we happy to in streerage

I believe air2sea will refund your airfare if you book with them

Are you traveling solo ?

We are lowly steerage as someone has to feed the boilers

With the CAD 30% lower than the USD we happy to in streerage

I believe air2sea will refund your airfare if you book with them

No, there are two of us n the cabin:D

And yes, the rates on the insides are VERY attractive! I spend a lot of time on my balcony reading so on such a sea day heavy voyage I personally don't like the extra spend.

Having trVelled extensively through Europe when the US dollar was at historic lows I certainly understand where you are coming from!

Cocoa Beach is the first event of the season. I think it was May 14th

We went to lunch at Gilberts on Jewfish Creek last year while we were staying in Key

Largo, and got to see most of the boats close up as they came in to get fuel and a pit stop

after the race ended off Key West as they were headed back north.

Wow! :eek:

Edited by island lady

• 4 months later...
Wait a minute, wait just a gosh darn minute. I just booked rhapsody last week for Nov 26-dec2 2017. And I already bought the drink package. Are you telling me I don't have a cruise???

Every time this thread pops up I get that clench of dread in my stomach. Can a mod or the OP please change the title of this thread to something less fear-inducing?

This thread is 4 months old. Whatever it is that you booked would reflect the changes that were made 4 months ago.

Oh yeah, I seem to remember this sailing;) Or I think it was this sailing??

Edited by molly361

Every time this thread pops up I get that clench of dread in my stomach. Can a mod or the OP please change the title of this thread to something less fear-inducing?

Mods do not read every thread. You might want to use the red triangle alert in the corner and let them know. They may or may not change the title.

On a recent Freedom cruise I booked the Rhapsody for 15 April 2017 Western Caribbean. I was advised this was the last Western cruise before the ship moved to Spain. The RCI web site shows it departing Florida on 29 April 2017 for Spain.

On a recent Freedom cruise I booked the Rhapsody for 15 April 2017 Western Caribbean. I was advised this was the last Western cruise before the ship moved to Spain. The RCI web site shows it departing Florida on 29 April 2017 for Spain.

Laura is on the 22nd. Been on it forever. Is the cruise on 15th for 14 days? 😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app