Tahiti, Hawaii, LA

septrack

I was disappointed to find out that Princess is no longer selling the Tahiti, Hawaii, LA trips as independent cruises of about 18 days. They are sailing the itinerary but only selling it as 28 days plus originating in Australia.

Anyone know if the Tahiti, Hawaii, LA cruises will be sold in the future?

TIA

Mark

:cool:

Aren't they also still selling the 28 day round trip from LA that includes Hawaii, Tahiti, etc.?

We will likely be taking the Sydney to LA cruise one of these days but not this year and probably not next year either but perhaps the year after that. So many places we want to see and cruises we want to take but we also want to see a bunch of our own country so will be taking a couple of months next year to drive to Montana then up the Rocky Mountain route through Canada to the end of the Alaska Highway and then back down by the Gold Rush route home to California.

Still, that Sydney to LA via Tahiti and Hawaii trip does sound awfully good...

We will likely be taking the Sydney to LA cruise one of these days but not this year and probably not next year either but perhaps the year after that.

My friend and I will be celebrating my retirement in 2019 and that's the cruise we've decided on! Either LA-Sydney or Sydney-LA. Might even tack on an Asia-Sydney (or visa versa) since we'll be over in that part of the world anyway. Then after that, I'll probably have to live alot cheaper in retirement so will have to take shorter, last minute cruises. ;)

The 28 days cruise looks good to me - if I were richer and cat-less.

We have a cat but my daughter will feed and water him while we're gone. He only needs attention a couple of times a week. There is a cat door into the garage and another one from the garage to the back yard. Bob likes his freedom. As long as he has food and water he gets by pretty well when we are gone. It's not like having a dog. Dogs are too needy to leave like that.

Remember: Dogs have owners but cats have staff. They will "allow you to adore them" when it suits them. :D

Last year (and I think several prior), Princess has offered a 28 day cruise round trip LA. If calls on 4 Hawaiian Islands, 2 Samoa's and 3 in French Polynesia. There are about 18 sea days. We were on it last year and are booked again for this year and next. It has been offered each year in October/November. In 2018, they are adding another cruising starting in March. All are 28 days with no segments available.

To split it in half, Pago Pago, American Samoa would be the place. I doubt flying to or from their would be fun.

Last year (and I think several prior), Princess has offered a 28 day cruise round trip LA. If calls on 4 Hawaiian Islands, 2 Samoa's and 3 in French Polynesia. There are about 18 sea days. We were on it last year and are booked again for this year and next. It has been offered each year in October/November. In 2018, they are adding another cruising starting in March. All are 28 days with no segments available.

To split it in half, Pago Pago, American Samoa would be the place. I doubt flying to or from their would be fun.

Looking forward to the round trip LA to Tahiti for 28 days in 2018 for our retirement cruise. Saving for it now!! I hope they never stop that one! :D

I don't see one on Princess...at least not from LA. From Sydney to LA. What am I missing??

Edited by greenie082756
Addition

Nevermind, found it. The description is cut off so I thought it ended in:

Ports: Los Angeles, California | Hilo, Hawaii | Honolulu, Hawaii | Maui (Lahaina), Hawaii | Kauai (Nawiliwili), Hawaii | Pago Pago, American Samoa | Cross International Date Line | Apia, Western Samoa | Bora Bora, French Polynesia | Tahiti (Papeete), French Polynesia | Moorea, French Polynesia

Hmmmm...they need to do some work on that description area. :rolleyes:

I don't remember any LA <> Tahiti cruises of 18 days. Do you mean the round trip Tahiti cruises on the former Tahitian/Ocean Princess? That itinerary hasn't been available for quite a while.

Pescado Amarillo did that cruise last year when they were finished going round & round Tahiti on the PP.

Jeannie said it was the last time Princess was offering Tahiti to LA.

Will it ever come back? Only Princess knows.

Pretty sure there was a Tahiti to LA cruise (about 16-18 days?) a year ago because I was going to book it but changed my mind. I remember chatting briefly with the Roll Call.

It was November 17, 2015 - Papeete to Los Angeles on the Pacific Princess. This was the cruise just before the 50th anniversary cruise. I wanted to take this cruise but couldn't get permission from my doctor due to my knee surgery in early November.

It was November 17, 2015 - Papeete to Los Angeles on the Pacific Princess. This was the cruise just before the 50th anniversary cruise. I wanted to take this cruise but couldn't get permission from my doctor due to my knee surgery in early November.

Thank you, and JF, for confirming that for me. I was pretty sure it was Princess and Pacific Princess was the ship. If my memory is still correct, it was priced very well at the time. Sorry I didn't take it as I didn't know it was going to be dropped from the Princess itineraries. :(