Sanctum spa terrace on Journey

Holidays galore

Can anyone fill me in on the spa terrace? We haven't booked a cabin that allows access to the private deck, but can others visit the area? Has anyone used it? What was the cost? Worthwhile?

Thanks

It is free of charge to suite guests. They do sell passes for the whole cruise for a limited number however they very much restrict this and on one cruise it was none. Cost is about $199 per couple. Sometimes they might sell a day pass $19.99 typically a port day and not usually a day with a good view from the said deck.

Other thing, access early evening is much more restricted. Used to be able to be there until 8pm now they are doing the sleep under the stars thing there they start moving furniture around about 6pm and after a while it's clear they need you to go off the deck.

It is free of charge to suite guests. They do sell passes for the whole cruise for a limited number however they very much restrict this and on one cruise it was none. Cost is about $199 per couple. Sometimes they might sell a day pass $19.99 typically a port day and not usually a day with a good view from the said deck.

Other thing, access early evening is much more restricted. Used to be able to be there until 8pm now they are doing the sleep under the stars thing there they start moving furniture around about 6pm and after a while it's clear they need you to go off the deck.

What is sleep under the stars?

What is sleep under the stars?

I can't post website links wher I am, but it's about$400 a couple. They service a couple dinner on the spa deck, they sleep out there on a bed that night and they serve breakfast ne t morning - again this an delay you accessing the spa deck until well after 8.

It's on the Azamara website, it's also a perk included in the price of the spa suites

So tell me about the Spa Terrace during the day. We've booked a CC suite, so I guess we're eligible--what does this offer?

A quieter sun deck right at the front, a bit more exposed and bumpy on some days. Also the ships thalassotherapy pool (only available to guests with access to the deck or with a spa treatment). There is more limited bar service (about once every 90 mins or so) but you an ask the spa girls to call for someone at other times if you want.

Thanks for the photos, Phil! We were in a CC suite on our last AZ cruise and didn't know this area was an option-- on one "at sea " day, we walked all over looking for loungers-- we actually had to sit apart from each other for awhile.... But thanks to all the wonderful Cruise Critic posters-- now we know, and will avail ourselves of this perk on our Dec/Jan holiday cruise!

Thanks for those photos Phil. It looks very similar to the Oceania's spa deck. I'll wait and see if they do any day passes.

My advice would be to get in early because as Ann mentioned they limit how many they sell. I bought one last cruise, but this one I've decided not to bother and people watch at the Pool Deck!

Phil

Thanks for the photos, Phil! We were in a CC suite on our last AZ cruise and didn't know this area was an option-- on one "at sea " day, we walked all over looking for loungers-- we actually had to sit apart from each other for awhile.... But thanks to all the wonderful Cruise Critic posters-- now we know, and will avail ourselves of this perk on our Dec/Jan holiday cruise!

Each cruise is different, but a good chance it will be quiet. Some hot weather cruises it can get very hot there as its enclosed.

Phil

Looks great! I love a good hot tub, although a thalassotherapy pool is usually just warm, right? And I don't sunbathe at all, if out on deck I'm in the shade. Plus with a port-intensive 7-day like ours, there won't be much opportunity to lol about, but I will try it on our sea day!

Looks great! I love a good hot tub, although a thalassotherapy pool is usually just warm, right? And I don't sunbathe at all, if out on deck I'm in the shade. Plus with a port-intensive 7-day like ours, there won't be much opportunity to lol about, but I will try it on our sea day!

What I like most about this area is that it's usually quiet. I've never had a problem getting a lounger. That said, there is usually very little shade. Phil's pictures give a very good idea of what the area is like.

You generally just show your room card at the desk (suite cards are a different color) and walk right in. On a port-intensive cruise, my husband likes to use the thalassotherapy pool after walking all day. I like to listen to the sound of the ocean without background music playing. Most people like to read there or just relax in the sun.

Have a wonderful time.

We spent some time there on the Passage through the Panama Canal in February.

It's one of the few places from where, standing on the steps of the thalasso pool, one can take photographs directly forward and OVER the front glass screen, rather than THROUGH a glass screen, as on other decks!

That was IDEAL for the photos.

• 2 years later...

We were on Seabourn's Odyssey in 2010 and board a spa pass that allowed us access to a similar area but it was on the back of the ship on one of the upper decks. We were on a 21 day cruise that included a transatlantic crossing and we spent a number of sea day afternoons up there and usually were the only ones there. Then, they have changed this since, they used to have a hot tub right at the middle of the back of the ship and they would come up and serve you drinks while you relaxed in it.. We will be trying out the Sanctum area on our Cuba cruise as we have a continental suite.

Sometimes they close before 8 - if they have someone book the sleep under the stars package. On the cruise we did last December they had a hastily pinned notice saying it was closing at either 5 or 6 (I can't recall which) for th whole voyage.