Upswell Fairy Paid Us A Visit

mamkmm2

Wow. Upsell fairy came to visit. Instead of an oceanview cabin with a totally obstructed view, we are now in a window suite cabin. Even with the relatively small additional charge we are still paying less for the window suite (type S7) than what they are currently advertising the oceanview cabins for.

I am not sure how often such opportunities come around but after working the numbers we were quite pleased to take advantage of it.

Wow. Upsell fairy came to visit. Instead of an oceanview cabin with a totally obstructed view, we are now in a window suite cabin. Even with the relatively small additional charge we are still paying less for the window suite (type S7) than what they are currently advertising the oceanview cabins for.

I am not sure how often such opportunities come around but after working the numbers we were quite pleased to take advantage of it.

From obstructed OV to a window suite is very rare. You are sooo lucky. Enjoy!

We got our first taste of an inside suite via an upsell also. How long is your cruise and how much was the cost per person for the upsell? I loved out window suite so much we booked another one on a future cruise. Congratulations, and enjoy all the suite benefits!

We got our first taste of an inside suite via an upsell also. How long is your cruise and how much was the cost per person for the upsell? I loved out window suite so much we booked another one on a future cruise. Congratulations, and enjoy all the suite benefits!

Twelve night cruise around the British Isle and UK. Upsell cost was $299/person. I've looked at the youtubes of window suite cabins and it looks bigger than some hotel rooms we've stayed in. LOL Certainly the bathroom is.

Even with the upsell the cabin still is well below what they are advertising some of the OVs and balcony cabins. And barely more than half what a balcony suite is being advertised for. I think we weren't just visited by one of the elusive Princess Fairies ... she just about tackled us to the ground. LOL

If you see him again please give him my name :)

Tony

We are sailing on this same cruise, a family group of eight. Six of us were booked in two OV cabins on Plaza, three to a cabin with one child in each. This morning we were offered two Window Suites on deck 6 for the same $299 each adult with children at no charge. I accepted the bookings so fast the phone line was smoking. The added amenities, not to mention almost double the space, make this one amazing offer.

We are sailing on this same cruise, a family group of eight. Six of us were booked in two OV cabins on Plaza, three to a cabin with one child in each. This morning we were offered two Window Suites on deck 6 for the same $299 each adult with children at no charge. I accepted the bookings so fast the phone line was smoking. The added amenities, not to mention almost double the space, make this one amazing offer.

Well I guess we'll see each other in the hallway! :D

Enjoy it.

So exciting reading about the wonderful upsells! Please come back and tell us how you like to this week. The windows Suites are usually more in our budget than the others. I am curious to experience them one day.

Congratulations on the Window Suite. You will love it! They are in a fantastic location and are truly nice cabins.

We sailed in one to Alaska and the scenery as we sat on our sofa looking out the window was spectacular.

We got upgraded on a Southampton sailing last year to a window suite. The suite breakfast was great but hated the joggers are 5am along the prom deck above. Never again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jackieo

Could you please tell me the exact date of your cruise? We are on the Caribbean Princess 12 night British Isles on the 31st July.

If you are on the same one, then I guess the Up sell fairy flew passed us, and we are staying in or OV obstructed cabin.

Never expected one, but one can only hope. Just glad to be on this cruise that should be fantastic. One of DH bucket list.

Noddy, I am on the 7/19 cruise date. Another poster in this thread that took two of the WSs is on there as well. I know when I booked there were only three remaining (there are only 7 on the entire ship) so I believe they are all booked for our cruise date.