Bella or Fantastica

cruisers5

It really all depends on what cabin options there are. As long as your happy with the location of your cabin then run with Bella.

What Fantastica offers is a better cabin location, choice of dinner seating (early or late seating), classes for kids and free room service delivery (not free room service).

It's worth it to me to pay the extra for Fantastica because I want to be able to have room service breakfast and have preference in getting the dinner seating I want and in the MDR.

Worth is relative to your own preferences.

I agree that for the extra it is worth going for the Fantasica package - better cabin locations, with more choice of cabins, being able to choose dining options and all the other little perks which you can find listed in the brochures or on the website.

Good luck with your plans - am sure you will have a great time with MSC

Suzanne

well i chose bella for a march 2017 cruise from rome. Found a good cabin and continental breakfast in cabin isnt so important to me as i look forward to buffet breakfast.

And you get the free photo on Italian night. It is worth the extra. Also as people have pointed out on other threads you get MDR .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi, we're thinking of taking our first MSC cruise and have compared the prices for Bella and Fantastica levels. Is the difference in price worth upgrading to Fantastica?

Yes you get to chose your dinner time and better cabin selection.

Fantastica was worth it for us, not getting stuck with a cabin that is over the engine, or next to the elevator - that's worth a few extra dollars. And having coffee brought to the cabin to help us wake up before we went on to MDR breakfast was definitely worth it.

I chose Fantastica for the following reasons:

1. Larger interior vs small interior. With 3 of us the larger room was important.

2. Location, location, location. I refuse to book under/over public venues if it can be avoided.

3. MDR time selection.

Worked out great. The other perks of Fantastica were not important to us.

The Black Card perks for doing a Status Match were REALLY nice though!

I booked Bella as I wanted an aft cabin with extended balcony. I also like to have breakfast in the dining room or buffet. And I don't mind going up to get coffee before everyone wakes up. Sometimes I like to get my own plate from the buffet and bring it down to eat on my balcony.

well i chose bella for a march 2017 cruise from rome. Found a good cabin and continental breakfast in cabin isnt so important to me as i look forward to buffet breakfast.

Well I do both! Have my cuppa and a roll in my cabin (usually on my balcony) then when I've woken up a bit I head to the MDR for my omelette.

Dinner in the MDR is very important to me. I did not enjoy it as much on the cruise where I was relegated to an overflow section in the buffet.

And you get the free photo on Italian night. It is worth the extra. Also as people have pointed out on other threads you get MDR .

Never heard or read about this.

I only see the better location and dinner choice.

What other perks does fantastica has and where can i find this info?

Well I do both! Have my cuppa and a roll in my cabin (usually on my balcony) then when I've woken up a bit I head to the MDR for my omelette.

Dinner in the MDR is very important to me. I did not enjoy it as much on the cruise where I was relegated to an overflow section in the buffet.

Hey can you tell me which sitting has most rush first sitting or second sitting?

I think we had a voucher in our cabin for the Italian night free photo. When we went to the photo place I was going to take just the one free one (they take 3 ) I was told that 2 were actually free and we could have the 3rd one for $10. Which we did.

Yes you get to chose your dinner time and better cabin selection.

Sounds good to me. My travel agent has us at assigned at 5:45 and we're Fantastica. When I asked her about my time dining , not available. .? I need to fix this.

Sounds good to me. My travel agent has us at assigned at 5:45 and we're Fantastica. When I asked her about my time dining , not available. .? I need to fix this.

Bella gets assigned a dining time OR an overflow section of the buffet with service if no room in MDR.

Fantastica gets preference of Early or Late. That is what you get to choose, not My Time Dining.

I believe some Aurea guests get a selection of "My Time".

The shows are scheduled around the early and late dining times.

Bella gets assigned a dining time OR an overflow section of the buffet with service if no room in MDR.

Fantastica gets preference of Early or Late. That is what you get to choose, not My Time Dining.

I believe some Aurea guests get a selection of "My Time".

The shows are scheduled around the early and late dining times.

Just figured that out. I requested late. If I get it, where will we be seated?

Just figured that out. I requested late. If I get it, where will we be seated?

Since you are Fantastica you will be in one of the two MDR's.

Black Crab is the two story midship dining room.

Villa Rosa is the one story aft (panoramic) dining room.

I chose Fantastica for the following reasons:

1. Larger interior vs small interior. With 3 of us the larger room was important.

2. Location, location, location. I refuse to book under/over public venues if it can be avoided.

3. MDR time selection.

Worked out great. The other perks of Fantastica were not important to us.

The Black Card perks for doing a Status Match were REALLY nice though!

Have never sailed on MSC. A question (or two).

MDR time selection. You get to choose early or late? Are you held to this for the whole cruise?

Can you get a table for two? In a nice area (not right on top of the next table for two)?

MDR time selection. You get to choose early or late? Are you held to this for the whole cruise?

Can you get a table for two? In a nice area (not right on top of the next table for two)?

Plenty of tables for two that I saw. I do not know if they allow you to vary between early and late once you've made your selection. I suspect not.

In my experience, the Maitre d' offered the worst 'service' encountered on the Divina. I had Fantastica experience. Was assigned to early seating. Stood in line first day. I asked Maitre d' for a table for two. I didn't care what seating. I didn't care what dining time. I was refused any changes. I did eat at a table for two during lunch. I can't speak for the other dining room, but in the black crab the two-tops were literally inches apart.